Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Weird But True

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Hello. AT&T....err... I mean.. uumm... Wendy's.. Ya thats it. Wendy's, may I....

Some Wendy's Outsource Drive-Through Orders

POSTED: 6:23 pm EDT May 15, 2007
    UPDATED: 6:32 pm EDT May 15, 2007

WASHINGTON -- When you place your order at a Wendy's drive through, the voice from the loudspeaker may be coming to you long distance.

USA Today reported that some fast-food restaurants are outsourcing order taking at their drive throughs to a call center in Wilmington, Del. Internet phone lines transmit the orders to 12 agents who flash them to on-site Wendy's crews.

The remote ordering is said to shave milliseconds off of each order, which adds up to millions of dollars saved each year.

The agents taking the orders remotely said that the New York Avenue Wendy's in D.C. has the most demanding customers.

Copyright 2007 by nbc4.com.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

What I want to know is what BRIGHT SPARK said "Hey! Here's a monlith, lets climb it." Or even better the other BRIGHTER SPARK who said "Before you try to climb it, I'll grease it up with lard."

Navy Plebes To Make Annual Monument Climb

POSTED: 8:57 am EDT May 17, 2007

ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- Naval Academy plebes (freshmen) will climb the 21-foot Herndon monument Friday morning.

It's the 100th annual climb to the top of the gray obelisk, which marks the end of the plebe's year.

The challenge is made more difficult because the monument is coated with lard.

According to Navy lore, the plebe who replaces a freshman hat on the monument with a midshipman's hat will become the class's first admiral.

The most successful strategies usually involve building some sort of human pyramid, but getting someone to the top can sometimes take hours.

The first recorded time of 12 minutes was in 1959. The fastest time was one minute, 30 seconds recorded in 1969. The longest recorded time of four hours, 5 minutes and 17 seconds was in 1995.

Copyright 2007 by nbc4.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Oh wait. I've answered my own questions....... summed up in one word:

OCCIFERS
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 05-17-2007 at 12:52 PM.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

MembersZone Subscriber

Landscape Crew Helps Nab Purse Snatchers
    Woman Thanks Men For Stopping Suspects

POSTED: 10:07 am EDT May 24, 2007

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A group of landscapers on a lunch break surrounded and stopped two alleged purse-snatchers Wednesday afternoon.

The purse was taken from a woman inside McDonald's at Blue Ridge Mall in Kansas City.

The landscapers said that when they saw what happened, they surrounded the two culprits until police arrived.

"I saw two kids go by and I said, 'Hey, you stole that purse, didn't you?' And I ran after them and the rest of my guys jumped up," Joe Martin told KMBC-TV in Kansas City.

"We said, 'Just drop the purse and go. You guys were wrong, we're giving you a chance to go,'" David Brown said.

"When they started acting like they had guns, I wasn't too worried because they'd get one round off, but I knew after that, and they'd be done," Martin said.

Police arrived, and the landscapers said they helped restrain a culprit who was fighting with a female officer. The two juveniles were handcuffed and taken away.

The woman who was robbed thanked the landscapers.

"I'm a Boy Scout leader, and you know you got to do your good turn every day," Martin said.

Two weeks ago, the same landscaping crew helped police nab some armed robbery suspects at 75th Street and Holmes Road.

"We're Crimestoppers," Brown joked.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting

MembersZone Subscriber

Default The Great Cheese Caper

Cheese Theft Curdles Driver's Day

POSTED: 9:56 am EDT May 24, 2007
    UPDATED: 10:17 am EDT May 24, 2007

SNOW SHOE, Pa. -- The big cheese is missing. Or make that the big cheese trailer.

Pennsylvania state troopers reported a big-rig trailer was swiped from a rest stop along Interstate 80 in rural Centre County.

The trailer was loaded with 23,000 pounds of refrigerated cheese.

Troopers said the truck driver had unhooked the trailer and left it at the rest stop to take his tractor to a repair shop. When he returned all the cheese was gone.

There is no word if some giant mice are suspects.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

MembersZone Subscriber

Why would anyone want to take hostages at a McDondalds?

Hostages Freed From Hampton McDonald's

POSTED: 4:17 pm EDT June 4, 2007
    UPDATED: 5:48 pm EDT June 4, 2007

HAMPTON, Va. -- A SWAT team freed a number of hostages who were being held at a McDonalds restaurant in Hampton Monday afternoon, authorities said.

The man who was holding the hostages is still inside the restaurant, claiming he has a gun.

Police negotiators are at the scene and trying to establish contact with the man. Police said the man has not made any demands.

The hostage situation began at about 2 p.m.

MembersZone Subscriber

Police Seek Man Wearing Diaper In Stores
    Man Allegedly Exposes Privates

POSTED: 2:46 pm EDT June 8, 2007

TULSA, Okla. -- Tulsa police are looking for a man who's been wearing a diaper inside at least three south Tulsa convenience stores.

The man also exposed himself on at least one occasion to a store employee.

Officers said the man walks into the stores' bathrooms wearing clothes then comes out wearing the diaper.

The man has told some witnesses he's acting on a dare.

Police said the man is white, slender and in his mid 20s.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press.

MembersZone Subscriber

Baggy Pants Banned; Mayor Says 'Cover Up'
    Town Council Call Saggy Britches Obscene

POSTED: 12:59 pm EDT June 13, 2007

DELCAMBRE, La. -- Overly saggy britches are obscene, the Delcambre Town Council says. So does Mayor Carol Broussard, who said he will sign an anti-sag ordinance passed unanimously this week.

The new indecent exposure ordinance in this Cajun-country town of about 2,000 carries penalties of up to six months in jail and a $500 fine for being caught in pants that show undergarments or, in the mayor's phrase, "private parts."

"I don't know if it will do any good, but it won't hurt," said Delcambre Councilman Albert Roy, who introduced the ordinance. "It's obvious, and anybody with common sense can see your parts when you wear sagging pants."

The meeting Monday night packed the small trailer that has been Town Hall since Hurricane Rita swept in six feet of storm surge on Sept. 24, 2005.

Low-hanging, baggy pants have become a fashion fad, mostly for young men in the hip-hop culture. Several residents objected that the ordinance targeted blacks.

Broussard denied any racial motivation. "White people wear sagging pants, too. Anybody who wears these pants should be held responsible."

Although Roy, who is black, introduced the ordinance, he said a $500 fine is outrageous: "I think it should be something like $25."

The ordinance states, "It shall be unlawful for any person in any public place or in view of the public to be found in a state of nudity, or partial nudity, or in dress not becoming to his or her sex, or in any indecent exposure of his or her person or undergarments, or be guilty of any indecent or lewd behavior."

The law applies to women as well as men, the mayor said Wednesday. "If you expose some of your privates, the crack of your behind, if somebody feels insulted they should press charges. If you're offended by it, we want to straighten that out."

The clause about "dress not becoming to his or her sex" doesn't forbid cross-dressing, Broussard said. "A dress, I wouldn't find that obscene. As long as he covers himself and it's not too short."

The ordinance isn't needed because the state has an indecent exposure law, resident Sylvester Harris said during Monday's meeting. But town attorney Ted Ayo said the measure expands on the state law by adding underwear to the list of forbidden exposures.

"This is a new ordinance that deals specifically with sagging pants," Ayo said. "It's about showing off your underwear in public."

Town resident Adam George had another objection. "It's just going to be harassment," he said at the Monday meeting. "People that don't like me are going to call and complain on me and say I've got saggy pants. I'm going to have to pay to bond out, even if I'm right."

Police Chief James Broussard said he didn't have a problem with George's pants, which hung below his waist but were covered by a long T-shirt.

"It's not like I'm showing my privates or anything like that," George said. "It's my boxers."

Broussard's public advice for people who like their pants to hang low: "Just wear it properly. Cover your vital parts. I mean, if you expose your private parts, you'll get a fine. If you walk up and your pants drop, you get a fine. They're better off taking the pants off and just wearing a dress."

Wanna do the survey? www.nbc4.com/news/13496108/detail.html

Default people learning....

After more than 5 years people start learning that there
    were NOT airplanes involved in the murders on 9/11/2001.
    Watch in these videos what REALLY HAPPENED in that day.
    here is the link...............

http://brasschecktv.com/page/180.html

ps: If you have videos when "the airplanes" crashed in
    the twin towers ..Please analize them.

Angry sensoring me?

Why you are sensoring me ?
    sooner or later the whole country is gonna find the
    truth and you are going to be accused being part
    of the murders on 9/11/2001.

MembersZone Subscriber

Woman Injured By Flying Sturgeon In Florida
    Second Injury By Flying Fish On Suwannee River

POSTED: 10:17 am EDT June 12, 2007
    UPDATED: 10:24 am EDT June 12, 2007

ROCK BLUFF, Fla. -- This fish story is a real knockout.

A woman boating on the Suwannee River in Florida over the weekend was injured by a sturgeon that leaped out of the water.

Tara Spears, 32, was knocked unconscious but state conservation officials said her injuries weren't life-threatening and she'll be OK.

This has happened before on the same river. In April, a leaping sturgeon severely injured a woman riding a personal watercraft. She lost a tooth and a pinkie and surgeons had to reattach three other fingers.

Sturgeon have hard plates along their backs. They can grow up to 8 feet long and up to 200 pounds.

Forum Member

Red face

I have a solution to the cockroaches... Spiders!

The spider is a wonderful insect. It eats its pray, and household spiders are virtually harmless to humans, it's a fact.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky625 View Post
    I have a solution to the cockroaches... Spiders!

The spider is a wonderful insect. It eats its pray, and household spiders are virtually harmless to humans, it's a fact.
    No joke there. Although I've always viewed spiders with mixed feelings. On one hand, they do as you indicate, eat insects. On the other hand, if you have lots of spiders, you've probably got a problem with other bugs.

Which brings me to a question (only because I've never bothered to look them up): I've seen the carcass of a spider that was light brown/white striped. Kind of looks like the same markings that you would see on a Lionfish. The one carcass I had in my garage spanned my palm, thats legs included, so about 2-3 inches and a body about the size of a peanut. Anyone have any idea what this spider is?

MembersZone Subscriber

Racers Urged To Drink Beer, Not Water

POSTED: 7:29 am EDT June 25, 2007
    UPDATED: 7:56 am EDT June 25, 2007

SUAMICO, Wis. -- Only in Wisconsin do beer and exercise mix.

Several hundred people laced up Sunday morning for a two-mile charity race in which suds were the refresher of choice.

Competitors in the 19th annual Beer Belly Two might not be considered athletes, but they know how to have a good time. "My kids are running it, so hopefully they're already at the finish line and I'll see them in an hour or so," said racer Doug Burmeister. "You know, there's a lot of beer stops."

The race has raised more than $350,000 for local charities since its inception.

Beer Belly veteran Mike Marin said this is one workout he can really get into.

"This way the wife allows me to have a couple of beers because you're doing something," he said. "A little exercise, you kill two birds with one stone."

MembersZone Subscriber

Stray Alligator Found In Fairfax County
    Alligator Found Outside Reston Home

POSTED: 10:21 am EDT June 28, 2007
    UPDATED: 10:35 am EDT June 28, 2007

RESTON, Va. -- Animal control officers in Fairfax County have recovered a stray alligator from outside a home in Reston.

Officers found the alligator Monday evening in the yard of a home in the 1800 block of Dasher Lane.

Authorities said the animal is approximately 2 feet, 6 inches long and weighs about five pounds.

It was in good health, according to authorities.

After being caught, the alligator was brought back to the shelter.

Officials planned to transfer the alligator to a licensed facility that can provide it with proper care.

Fairfax County ordinances prohibit the keeping of any wild or exotic animals and outline the prohibition of crocodilians, including but not limited to alligators, crocodiles, caimans and gavials.

Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Uummm ... Eerrr.... Ok....

Protesting Air Controllers Wear Dresses
    Group Upset About Dress Code, Schedules

POSTED: 9:37 am EDT June 29, 2007
    UPDATED: 10:04 am EDT June 29, 2007

The next time you fly, your safety could be in the hands of an air traffic controller wearing a dress -- and he's a guy.

Some controllers have been protesting a government dress code, by wearing women's clothing to work. Union spokesman Doug Church said the controllers are showing how ridiculous the regulations are because they don't bar men from wearing dresses. Shorts, jeans, T-shirts and halter tops are on the banned list.

The unionized controllers are also upset about changes in schedules, work breaks and pay issues.

Forum Member

Given only two choices, a man in a dress or a man in a halter top, I would have to put my vote in for the dress. Maybe the ban on halter tops isn't such a hard rule to live with...

MembersZone Subscriber

Especially when the guy in the holter top looks like Grahame Greene on a Bad Hair Day.

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy

Remember this guy the next time you think you're having a bad day at work:

Clerk robbed twice in one night

CanWest News Service Published: Friday, July 06, 2007

VANCOUVER - A clerk at a 7-Eleven was robbed at knifepoint twice in four hours -- by the same man.

The clerk was working at a Vancouver store when the man walked in and tried to buy cigarettes, but had no money. He left and returned late Wednesday night with a knife. He demanded cash and the clerk gave him some money. Police were called to the scene and investigated.

About four hours later, the man returned again with a knife and robbed the store a second time.

Times Colonist (Victoria) 2007

MembersZone Subscriber

Bank Robber Disguises Self As Tree
    Police Say Suspect Confessed

POSTED: 1:22 pm EDT July 9, 2007

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- A Manchester man was arraigned on robbery charges Monday after police said he disguised himself as a tree to rob a bank over the weekend.

Related Content: Man Robs Bank In Tree Disguise | Images

James Coldwell, 49, was arraigned on one count of robbery. Police said that he robbed a Citizen's Bank branch Saturday morning and duct-taped tree branches to his head and body in an effort to disguise himself.

The robber allegedly demanded cash from a teller and walked out. Witnesses said it happened very fast.

According to court documents, Coldwell told police that he had been drinking coffee at Lake Massabesic when he decided to rob a bank. He said that he got the branches for his disguise at the lake, police said.

Investigators said that Coldwell ordered a teller to fill a bag with money, but a dye pack placed in the bag exploded at the scene. Police said they also found leaves and duct tape in Coldwell's car.

No one was hurt in the incident, and no weapon was shown.

Coldwell was arrested Saturday night after police received a tip from a viewer who saw the surveillance video.

Coldwell was ordered held on $10,000 bail.

MembersZone Subscriber

She's too sexy for this bus

Reuters Published: Tuesday, July 17, 2007

BERLIN -- A German bus driver threatened to throw a 20-year-old sales clerk off his bus in the southern town of Lindau because he said she was too sexy, a newspaper reported on Monday.

"Suddenly he stopped the bus," the woman named Debora C. told Bild newspaper.

"He opened the door and shouted at me 'Your cleavage is distracting me every time I look into my mirror and I can't concentrate on the traffic. If you don't sit somewhere else, I'm going to have to throw you off the bus."'

The woman, pictured in Bild wearing her snug-fitting summer clothes with the plunging neckline, said she moved to another seat but was humiliated by the bus driver.

A spokesman for the bus company defended the driver.

"The bus driver is allowed to do that and he did the right thing," the spokesman said.

"A bus driver cannot be distracted because it's a danger to the safety of all the passengers."

Times Colonist (Victoria) 2007

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Bank Robber Disguises Self As Tree
    Police Say Suspect Confessed

POSTED: 1:22 pm EDT July 9, 2007

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- A Manchester man was arraigned on robbery charges Monday after police said he disguised himself as a tree to rob a bank over the weekend.

Related Content: Man Robs Bank In Tree Disguise | Images

James Coldwell, 49, was arraigned on one count of robbery. Police said that he robbed a Citizen's Bank branch Saturday morning and duct-taped tree branches to his head and body in an effort to disguise himself.

The robber allegedly demanded cash from a teller and walked out. Witnesses said it happened very fast.

According to court documents, Coldwell told police that he had been drinking coffee at Lake Massabesic when he decided to rob a bank. He said that he got the branches for his disguise at the lake, police said.

Investigators said that Coldwell ordered a teller to fill a bag with money, but a dye pack placed in the bag exploded at the scene. Police said they also found leaves and duct tape in Coldwell's car.

No one was hurt in the incident, and no weapon was shown.

Coldwell was arrested Saturday night after police received a tip from a viewer who saw the surveillance video.

Coldwell was ordered held on $10,000 bail.
    He could of always said he was from another "branch" and was there to pick up the transfer.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by REVANANT View Post
    He could of always said he was from another "branch" and was there to pick up the transfer.
    HAHAHAHAHAAHAAA Thanks I needed that!

Sr. Information Officer

Weird but true...there's been a NJFFSA16 sighting

Where ya been Ed? Dunno he replied...ain't ever been there before.

I gotta find myself...somewhere back on these forums.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by NJFFSA16 View Post

WHERE YA BEEN BOY! Long time no see.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by NJFFSA16 View Post

Now THAT'S weird!

Hi Ed!! Good to see you come out of hiding.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Thread Information