Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Weird But True

Forum Member

Default what?!

Jonathan Powell, 17, was convicted in April of sexually assaulting a college student in Iowa City, Iowa, after his DNA was found in several places on her body. Powell explained the DNA by claiming that he had merely bumped into the woman accidentally while jogging and had become so "entangled" with her that he was unable to free himself for about "45 minutes." [Des Moines Register, 5-1-07]

Andres Vasquez, 20, of Verona, Ky., initially told the 911 operator in May that someone had "thrown" his truck on top of him, but he finally admitted he was drunk, had had a one-vehicle accident, was trapped upside-down and was in dire pain, fading in and out for over two hours to the dispatcher. The operators pleaded the entire time for Vasquez to just say where he was so that they could send a rescue party, but, as the Kentucky Enquirer put it, "When repeatedly asked his location, (Vasquez's) answer was always the same: 'I'm under the **** truck.'" (He finally gave a clue and was rescued.) [Kentucky Enquirer, 5-18-07]

Unclear on the Concept: After the owner of a wrought-iron business in Brussels, Belgium, abruptly turned away a 53-year-old Nigerian native who had applied for a job, the local labor office declared the owner racist. However, the man said he was just trying to protect the Nigerian from the owner's dog. "My dog is racist," he said. "Not me." [Reuters, 6-9-07]

Inmates accused in name copyright scheme
    Tue Jul 17, 9:28 PM ET

Forget about digging a hole with a spoon to escape from prison. Four federal inmates are accused of going above and beyond that call.
    The four were indicted Tuesday on allegations that they copyrighted their names, then demanded millions of dollars from prison officials for using the names without authorization.
    The indictment alleges that inmates Russell Dean Landers, Clayton Heath Albers, Carl Ervin Batts and Barry Dean Bischof sent demand notices for payment to the warden of the El Reno federal prison and filed liens against his property. They then hired someone to seize his vehicles, freeze his bank accounts and change the locks on his house.
    Then, believing the warden's property had been seized, the inmates said they wouldn't return his property unless they were released from prison, according to the indictment.
    But the person hired by the inmates turned out to be an undercover FBI agent, said U.S. Attorney John C. Richter.
    The four men and William Michael Roberson, 50, of Baton Rouge, La., were indicted on accusations of conspiring to impede the duties of federal prison officials, Richter said. Roberson is accused of assisting the four inmates in the scheme, which allegedly took place in late 2003 and early 2004.
    All five were also indicted on charges of mailing threatening communications with the intent to extort.
    The conspiracy count carries a maximum penalty of six years in prison and a $250,000 fine. The mail charge is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
    It was unclear whether those indicted Tuesday had attorneys.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Does this guy have a really big brass pair or what? I truly dont know what to make of it myself. No paper airplanes, broaches or teradactyls from this one....

Judge Makes Fake Marine Tend Military Graves
    Man Wore Brother's Medals

POSTED: 9:12 am EDT July 31, 2007

TACOMA, Wash. -- A man who posed as a decorated Marine Corps captain for two years will tend graves at a military cemetery as part his sentence to serve 500 hours of community service, a federal judge ruled.

Reggie L. Buddle, 59, of Puyallup pleaded guilty in April to unlawful wearing of U.S. military medals and decorations. He told U.S. Magistrate Judge Kelly J. Arnold at his sentencing Monday that he was ashamed of his conduct.

Buddle never served in the Marines. He bought the uniform at a military surplus store, and the medals belonged to his brother, a Marine who died in Vietnam.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Ron Friedman told the court in his sentencing memo that the publicity had been punishment. "Mr. Buddle has been appropriately made to answer before a great many people, and he has been shunned by a great many others," Friedman wrote.

Buddle posed as a Marine Corps captain in 2005 and 2006, wearing a uniform with medals intended as awards for extraordinary contribution to national defense and heroism in combat. He even gave the opening prayer for the Washington state Senate in 2006 and posed as a chaplain and reverend, including officiating at weddings and funerals of servicemen.

Buddle wasn't ordained, however Friedman has said the marriages he presided over would still be lawfully recognized.

The judge said Monday that Buddle would serve his community service tending graves at the Tahoma Military Cemetery in Kent.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press.

I like the punishment thought, and that they were willing to honour the weddings. Although I still think he is a sick schmuck all the same.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

My grandpa was a sniper in WW2. He was in front of the front lines. He got all kinds of medals. I know some of what he went through to get them. I say "some" because he never told me much of anything about the bad stuff. So, I couldn't imagine some guy trying to take my grandpa's honor away from him. He's gone now, to be at peace with God. So it's even more important, since he's not here to defend himself against people like that. People need to take a serious stand against losers like that. His brother was in Vietnam. I've heard the horror stories. It doesn't really matter what branch you served in, or what war it was. Anybody that did/does it, deserves RESPECT, not dishonor like that crap jack wafer is doing to his own brother.

MembersZone Subscriber

Red face Aawweeee Fudge!

Woman Arrested In Stolen Fudge Case
    Police: Woman Had Claimed To Be Victim Of Sex Assault

POSTED: 11:02 am EDT August 3, 2007
    UPDATED: 11:32 am EDT August 3, 2007

ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- Police are investigating a bizarre case of what they said is theft in Annapolis.

Authorities said that on Wednesday at about 12:03 a.m., the clerk at the Maryland House Hotel on Church Circle reported that a woman came into the lobby and said that she was the victim of a sexual assault.

Officers said they met with the alleged victim, Catherine Anne Delgado, 35, of Greenbelt, at the scene. They said her claim of an assault proved to be unfounded.

Police said that during the course of talking to Delgado, they noticed that she had a large amount of chocolate fudge in her pockets, so much that some of it was spilling out.

An officer was sent to the nearby Fudge Kitchen at 112 Main St, police said, and the front door was found to be unsecured.

The owner responded and determined that a large amount of fudge had been stolen from the store display sometime since closing, police said. The owner could not determine why the door was left unlocked.

Meanwhile, Delgado used the restroom during her interview at the hotel, police said, and she tried to flush a large amount of fudge down the toilet. The fudge endedup clogging up the toilet, police said, and as a result, Delgado was arrested and charged with burglary.

Copyright 2007 by nbc4.com.
    ========
    Alcoholic Drink Labels May Get Face Lift
    Rule Would Require More Info On Alcohol Labels

POSTED: 8:56 am EDT July 31, 2007

NEW YORK -- Alcoholic drink labels may be getting a face lift.

The Treasury Department is considering a new rule that would require companies to put alcoholic content, serving sizes and nutritional information on all alcoholic drink packaging.

From beer cans to wine bottles, the proposed rule said labels must include a statement of the beverage's percentage of alcohol by volume.

The rule also requires labels to include a "serving facts" panel, with the amount of calories, carbohydrates, fat and protein for a standard serving size.

An executive for a premium drinks business calls the proposal "a giant and very positive step in the right direction" for the alcohol industry.

Officials are publishing the proposed rule Tuesday and asking for public comment through Oct. 29. The department will then review the comments and decide whether to make the rule official.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press.

Funny thing is, Canada has had the alcohol/volume on all labels for more years than I've been allowed to drink. I guess down here, they didn't want anyone to "really know" that beer is only 2.5% and only on the rarest of occasions 4% eheheheheee.
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 08-03-2007 at 12:06 PM.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

MembersZone Subscriber

Now ya know ya can't just make this stuff up:

Police Say Pair Tortured Animals During Sex
    Animals Decapitated On Video, Police Say

POSTED: 9:55 am EDT August 3, 2007

KEYSTONE HEIGHTS, Fla. -- A suburban Gainesville, Fla., couple faces charges after allegedly torturing animals while performing sex acts on each other.

Brenda and Clyde Farrell of Keystone Heights have each been charged with four counts of animal cruelty. Police obtained a video they said shows the abuse. They said a frog, two chameleons and a parakeet were all nailed or taped to a board, then slowly decapitated.

The two tortured the animals as they engaged in sex acts, police said.

Officers investigated the couple after the wife went to deputies, telling them her husband might be plotting to kill a co-worker.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Now ya know ya can't just make this stuff up:

Police Say Pair Tortured Animals During Sex
    Animals Decapitated On Video, Police Say

POSTED: 9:55 am EDT August 3, 2007

KEYSTONE HEIGHTS, Fla. -- A suburban Gainesville, Fla., couple faces charges after allegedly torturing animals while performing sex acts on each other.

Brenda and Clyde Farrell of Keystone Heights have each been charged with four counts of animal cruelty. Police obtained a video they said shows the abuse. They said a frog, two chameleons and a parakeet were all nailed or taped to a board, then slowly decapitated.

The two tortured the animals as they engaged in sex acts, police said.

Officers investigated the couple after the wife went to deputies, telling them her husband might be plotting to kill a co-worker.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

See there are just no words to describe this. Unbelievable.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Every time a stupid person does something dumb an angel farts... Stupid people=job security
    "Courage is the resistance to fear, the mastery of fear, not the lack of fear." Mark Twain
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Uknown

MembersZone Subscriber

Man Used Dirty Money To Buy Clean Underwear
    DA: Man Never Wore Underwear Twice

POSTED: 7:14 am EDT August 6, 2007
    UPDATED: 7:38 am EDT August 6, 2007

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. -- Officers in Sheboygan said a man has stolen hundreds of thousands of dollars at a time from a landlord in the area over the course of several years and then used some of it to buy underwear.

Dina Matlin is a long-time Sheboygan landlord, and while her office isn't fancy, investigators said it was worth millions.

Sheboygan County District Attorney Joe DeCecco said that for decades, Matlin had been stashing cash in the income tax service building.

"She had been taking rental payments, putting them in envelopes and in boxes in her office for a long time," DeCecco said.

DeCecco said there were 14 boxes full of money. Some of the cash was 50 years old.

Matthew Harju worked for Matlin and police said he used his keys to get the cash. DeCecco said that for years, Harju and possible accomplices raided the office, stealing more than a million dollars.

"This person and perhaps other people involved with him would use it as their personal bank. They'd take money whenever they needed it, and they took a lot of money," DeCecco said.

Investigators said Harju spent the money on a variety of things, including vintage cars and an endless supply of underwear.

"He never had to use underwear twice. He would just buy new underwear and never wash or change them," DeCecco said.

Harju is currently serving time for breaking into the office earlier this year.

Investigators said they believe that at least two other people may have been involved in the thefts, but said they won't be charged or arrested because the case is too hard to prove.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting

Sr. Information Officer

Question

Blind man arrested for driving car
    TALLINN (Reuters) - Police in the Baltic state of Estonia
    stopped a man who was driving erratically at the weekend, only
    to find he was blind.
    The 20-year-old was driving in the southern city of Tartu
    early Sunday -- helped by instructions from his 16-year-old
    passenger.
    "At first they thought he was just drunk, but the man kept
    missing the tube for the breath test, then they realized he was
    blind" and arrested him, Tartu Police spokeswoman Marge Kohtla
    said Monday.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Sr. Information Officer

Red face Oh yuck!

No more crispy duck served at toilets
    BEIJING (Reuters) - Food stalls attached to Beijing's
    public toilets will be removed in good time for next year's
    Olympics, state media said Saturday.
    Complaints over toilets with poor sanitation and toilet
    operators turning them into commercial operations led to the
    ban, which comes into force in October.
    "It is not proper to sell soft drinks or snacks right at
    the toilets," the Beijing News said, citing sources within the
    Beijing Municipal Administration Commission.
    "The city authorities also plan to publish a toilet guide,
    provide toilet information over the telephone and the Internet
    and erect more road signs to help toilet users."
    Billboards near toilets will also be banned, Xinhua news
    agency said.

Sr. Information Officer

Talking

Chicken and rice ends thief's toilet trauma
    KOLKATA, India (Reuters) - Dozens of bananas failed to do
    the trick but an Indian thief has finally produced a gold
    necklace he had snatched and then swallowed after police fed
    him a hearty meal of chicken, rice and local bread.
    Sheikh Mohsin, 35, grabbed the 45,000-rupee ($1,115)
    necklace from a woman in the eastern city of Kolkata Friday and
    popped it into his mouth when cornered by police.
    Officers then fed him 40 bananas over a few hours believing
    they would act as a purgative, and sat back and waited for
    results.
    Mohsin passed an uncomfortable night in jail, but not the
    piece of jewelry.
    Police said Sunday he was then given more substantial fare.

Sr. Information Officer

Exclamation

Pencil removed from woman's head after 55 years
    BERLIN (Reuters) - A 59-year-old German woman has had most
    of a pencil removed from inside her head after suffering nearly
    her whole life with the headaches and nosebleeds it caused,
    Bild newspaper reported Monday.
    Margret Wegner fell over carrying the pencil in her hand
    when she was four.
    "The pencil went right through my skin -- and disappeared
    into my head," Wegner told the newspaper.
    It narrowly missed vital parts of her brain. At the time no
    one dared operate, but now technology has improved sufficiently
    for doctors to be able to remove it.
    Most of the pencil, some three inches long, was taken out
    in an operation at a private Berlin clinic, but the tip had
    grown in so firmly that it was impossible to remove.

Sr. Information Officer

ELMIRA, N.Y. (AP) - A woman who was quick with the bargains at
    her rummage sale mistakenly accepted 50 cents for a ceramic turtle
    with the ashes of her husband's previous wife inside.
    Now, Anita Lewis is desperately searching for the buyer who said
    she planned to use the urn as a cookie jar.
    Lewis said she had hauled items into her yard early Saturday
    while her husband slept. The buyer quickly selected the large
    turtle container, despite being unable to get the lid open.
    Her husband's previous wife collected turtles. "We have lots of turtles," Anita Lewis said. "It didn't even
    register that this was the one (containing the ashes)."

Sr. Information Officer

Default Monkey Business

TUPELO, Miss. (AP) - A curious monkey who somehow managed to
    free himself from his pen in the Tupelo Buffalo Park and Zoo and
    was on the lam for days was finally recaptured Monday.
    Oliver was apprehended at Tupelo Stone & Masonry, the Northeast
    Mississippi Daily Journal reported, six days after leading park
    staff on a chase through the park's trail system before eventually
    eluding them.
    Several days after the monkey's July 31 escape, an anonymous
    businessman offered a reward for the white-faced capuchin's capture
    and return. Motorist Mike Fair, who helped end the search for
    Oliver, got the reward.
    "I think it's great," said Fair, of Mooreville.
    The reward included a weekend stay at the Tupelo Hilton Garden
    Inn and special tours of the Elvis Presley Birthplace and Museum
    and the Tupelo Automobile Museum. The reward also included one of
    Oliver's favorite foods - a case of bananas.
    "But the bananas - I don't know about that," said Fair. "I'll
    just end up giving them to the monkey, I guess."
    It wasn't the first time Oliver, 9, had escaped from the zoo.
    About six years ago the monkey escaped and ran amok on the grounds
    of Tupelo Country Club before being captured and returned to the
    zoo.
    Within minutes of returning home after his latest adventure,
    Oliver feasted on grapes, marshmallows, monkey biscuits and
    bananas, and then took a long nap.

Sr. Information Officer

Military captain battles 'malodorous working conditions' at Fla.
    Air Force base
    TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - War stinks, apparently even behind the lines.
    That's the gist of a military e-mail uncovered by the Tampa
    Tribune concerning toilet troubles at U.S. Central Command at
    MacDill Air Force Base. The bottom line: A small restroom facility
    near the command's Joint Intelligence Center doesn't have adequate
    ventilation, resulting in - as Navy Capt. Samuel J. Cox put it -
    "malodorous working conditions."
    Cox posted written orders directing workers to take their
    serious bathroom business to more capable facilities unless it was
    an emergency. When the signs were removed, Cox pointed out in a
    lighthearted e-mail that ignoring the directive technically
    violated the Uniform Code of Military Justice. As for civilian
    contractors, Cox wrote, "I can make you wish you'd gone down the
    hall to the big bathrooms to do your business."
    Central Command oversees military operations in Iraq and
    Afghanistan. Command spokesman Maj. David Huxsoll confirmed the
    intelligence center's restroom woes.
    "If you're asking if the memo is legitimate, yes it is,"
    Huxsoll said Monday. "That was the captain's humorous attempt to
    deal with it."
    Huxsoll said there are no plans to court-martial restroom
    offenders caught in the act.

Sr. Information Officer

Wink

Thai police who break rules to sport Hello Kitty armbands as
    punishment
    AP Photo NY112
    BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) - Thai police officers who break rules
    will be forced to wear hot pink armbands featuring "Hello Kitty,"
    the Japanese icon of cute, as a mark of shame, a senior officer
    said Monday.
    Police officers caught littering, parking in a prohibited area,
    or arriving late - among other misdemeanors - will be forced to
    stay in the division office and wear the armband all day, said
    Police Col. Pongpat Chayaphan. The officers won't wear the armband
    in public.
    The striking armband features Hello Kitty sitting atop two
    hearts.
    "Simple warnings no longer work. This new twist is expected to
    make them feel guilt and shame and prevent them from repeating the
    offense, no matter how minor," said Pongpat, acting chief of the
    Crime Suppression Division in Bangkok.
    "(Hello) Kitty is a cute icon for young girls. It's not
    something macho police officers want covering their biceps,"
    Pongpat said.
    He said police caught breaking the law will be subject the same
    fines and penalties as any other members of the public.
    "We want to make sure that we do not condone small offenses,"
    Pongpat said, adding that the CSD believed that getting tough on
    petty misdemeanors would lead to fewer cases of more serious
    offenses including abuse of power and mistreatment of the public by
    police officers.
    Hello Kitty, invented by Sanrio Co. in 1974, has been popular
    for years with children and young women. The celebrity cat adorns
    everything from diamond-studded jewelry, Fender guitars and digital
    cameras to lunch boxes, T-shirts and stationery.

Sr. Information Officer

Wink

Teen gets minors scrapes, bruises in six-story fall
    MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) - A Georgia teen who fell six stories
    from a hotel balcony trying to help a fellow tourist suffered just
    bruises and scrapes in his harrowing fall.
    Matthew Savage was reaching up to the balcony one floor up to
    grab a bathing suit that had fluttered down from the 11th floor
    when he felt himself tumble over the railing.
    The Gainesville, Ga., 17-year-old hit other balconies on his way
    down and slammed onto a slanted rooftop covering the Tropical
    Winds' lazy river. He slid off that roof into the bushes.
    "I just closed my eyes," Savage said Saturday, nursing scrapes
    and bruises on his back and legs.
    After he landed in the bushes, he got up and started walking
    back to his room. But paramedics strapped him to a board and flew
    him to nearby hospital for an examination. He said a full body scan
    and other tests showed he was OK.
    "This was a 'God is real' event," his sister, Mandy Baker,
    said.
    Tracy Weeks, of Raleigh, N.C., said her son's swimsuit seemed in
    reach of the balcony below, so she asked Savage to reach for it.
    "This has been the worst nightmare of my life," she said. "I
    couldn't sleep.
    "Somebody was looking out for this child."

MembersZone Subscriber

We have quite a few folks working down in MacDill AFB, with the Joint Intelligence Center in support of operations in Afghanistan etc. Wondering if I should give a call and "confirm"??? LOL

Sr. Information Officer

Talking Tail of survival?

Crocodile falls 12 floors in escape bid
    MOSCOW, Aug 8 (Reuters) - A crocodile survived a fall from
    the 12th floor of a Russian apartment block after making an
    escape bid through a window, emergency services said on
    Wednesday.
    Diving out of the window has become a habit for the
    crocodile, called Khenar, with concerned neighbours saying it
    was the third time he had used that method to flee, Moskovsky
    Komsomolets daily reported.
    The crocodile lost one tooth in the latest fall but was
    otherwise unscathed, said a spokeswoman for the emergencies
    ministry in the Nizhny Novgorod region of central Russia.
    "It seems the owner was not at home when the crocodile came
    out of the window," she said.
    Emergency services put the crocodile in a local aquarium to
    recover from his fall. Within a few hours his concerned owner
    came to pick him up and the crocodile was last seen lying on the
    back seat of his owner's car.

Sr. Information Officer

Question Monkey see...monkey did!

NEW YORK (AP) - A man smuggled a monkey onto an airplane
    Tuesday, stashing the furry fist-size primate under his hat until
    passengers spotted it perched on his ponytail, an airline official
    said.
    The monkey escapade began in Lima, Peru, late Monday, when the
    man boarded a flight to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., said Spirit Airlines
    spokeswoman Alison Russell. After landing Tuesday morning, the man
    waited several hours before catching a connecting flight to
    LaGuardia Airport.
    During the flight, people around the man noticed that the
    marmoset, which normally lives in forests and eats fruit and
    insects, had emerged from underneath his hat, Russell said.
    "Other passengers asked the man if he knew he had a monkey on
    him," she said.
    The monkey spent the remainder of the flight in the man's seat
    and behaved well, said Russell, who didn't know how it skirted
    customs and security.
    Airport police were waiting for the man and his monkey when the
    plane landed about 3 p.m., and the man was taken away for
    questioning. It was unclear whether he would face any criminal
    charges.
    The city's animal control agency said the monkey appeared
    healthy. But the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was
    planning to take it for disease testing and keep it quarantined for
    31 days, CDC spokesman Tom Skinner said.
    If the monkey is healthy, it could wind up in a zoo.
    "It is kind of a spirited monkey," Russell said. "That will
    be the nickname of the monkey: Spirit."

Sr. Information Officer

Red face Hmmmm. is this true?

London (Reuters) - As many as 11 million British motorists
    are unable to read a basic road map, according to a survey
    released Monday.
    The poll revealed over three quarters of British drivers
    were unable to identify the motorway map symbol, while only one
    percent of motorists would pass the Cub Scout Map Reader badge
    test.
    "It's pretty embarrassing the majority of Cub Scouts have
    better map-reading skills than the majority of the adult
    population," said Colin Batabyal, head of underwriting and
    business development at eSure, which carried out the survey.
    Sixteen percent of British drivers have become so heavily
    reliant on satellite navigation systems that they have given up
    keeping a map in their car.
    "It's time for motorists to take a refresher in map-reading
    skills," said Scott Sinclair of national mapping agency
    Ordnance Survey. "Technology is great but the batteries won't
    run out on a paper map.

Sr. Information Officer

Smile vomeronasal, vomeronasal, vomeronasal three times fast

Female mice just a sniff away from male sex drive
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Female mice became sexually
    voracious and tried to mate like males after scientists
    disabled a small sensory organ, casting fresh light on how
    gender-specific behavior develops in animals.
    The difference seems to lie in how male and female mice use
    the vomeronasal organ to process pheromones, said Catherine
    Dulac, the Harvard biologist who led the research published in
    the journal Nature Sunday.
    Pheromones are chemical signals that many animals,
    including humans, use to communicate socially and sexually.
    The vomeronasal organ, found in the noses of some animals
    but not in people or higher primates, is a key processing
    center for pheromones.
    Scientists had long attributed aggressive male mating
    tactics to a testosterone-induced hard-wiring of male brains.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hmmm.. .He said. She said......

Exotic Dancer Revives Client During Show
    Dancer, Customer Differ On Who Offered Pills

POSTED: 5:41 pm EDT August 3, 2007

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- An exotic dancer is credited with reviving a client who passed out during a private strip show early Friday morning, police said.

Karnesha Nantz, 25, was hired early Friday morning to perform a personal show for Daniel Karpinski, 46, at Karpinski's home on the 400 block of Southeast Evans Avenue in Port St. Lucie, police said.

According to a police report, while Nantz was dancing, she turned and faced away from Karpinski for approximately 20 seconds. When she turned around again to face him, Karpinski was slumped down on the couch and was having trouble breathing, police said.

Nantz called 911 and began to administer CPR on Karpinski because he was not conscious or breathing. Paramedics arrived at the home and were able to revive the 46-year-old to the point where he was able to breathe on his own but unable to speak. He was transported to St. Lucie Medical Center, where he was listed in stable condition.

According to a police report, Nantz said Karpinski offered her prescription narcotics on several occasions while she was dancing for him. Police said they located a bottle of prescription oxycodone at the scene with Karpinski's name on it.

Robert Vega, with the Port St. Lucie Police Department, told West Palm Beach television station WPBF that Karpinski told police that Nantz offered him an unknown pill wrapped in a towel. He said he took the pill on his own free will and afterward did not remember anything until he woke up in the hospital, police said.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting.

Sr. Information Officer

Lightbulb SnakeBit

Bite from beheaded rattlesnake sends rural Washington man to
    hospital
    PROSSER, Wash. (AP) - Turns out, even beheaded rattlesnakes can
    be dangerous.
    That's what 53-year-old Danny Anderson learned as he was feeding
    his horses Monday night, when a 5-foot rattler slithered onto his
    central Washington property, about 50 miles southeast of Yakima.
    Anderson and his 27-year-old son, Benjamin, pinned the snake
    with an irrigation pipe and cut off its head with a shovel. A few
    more strikes to the head left it sitting under a pickup truck.
    "When I reached down to pick up the head, it raised around and
    did a backflip almost, and bit my finger," Anderson said. "I had
    to shake my hand real hard to get it to let loose."
    His wife insisted they go to the hospital, and by the time they
    arrived at Prosser Memorial Hospital 10 minutes later, Anderson's
    tongue was swollen and the venom was spreading. He then was taken
    by ambulance 30 miles to a Richland hospital to get the full series
    of six shots he needed.
    The snake head ended up in the bed of his pickup, and Anderson
    landed in the hospital until Wednesday afternoon.
    Mike Livingston, a Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
    biologist, said the area where the Anderson's live is near prime
    snake habitat. But he said he had never heard of anyone being bit
    by a decapitated snake before.
    "That's really surprising but that's an important thing to tell
    people," he said. "It may have been just a reflex on the part of
    the snake."
    If another rattlesnake comes along, Anderson said he'll likely
    try to kill it again, but said he'll grab a shovel and bury it
    right there.
    "It still gives me the creeps to think that son-of-a-gun could
    do that," he said.

Sr. Information Officer

Poachers accidentally flag their presence
    KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Vietnamese fishermen flying a
    Malaysian flag as a decoy while sailing in Malaysia's
    northeastern waters gave the game away by mistakenly flying it
    upside down.
    This is an unusual mistake, because "Stripes of Glory" as
    the flag is known at home, carries a blue rectangle in its top
    left corner emblazoned with a yellow crescent and star, while
    red-and-white stripes alternate on the rest.
    Local fishermen became suspicious, and tipped off fishing
    authorities, who detained 13 crewmen after seizing 500 kg
    (1,102 lb) of stingrays, valued at 6,000 ringgit ($1,737),
    along with a fake fishing license, the Star newspaper reported.
    "We believe the fishermen were in our waters since Sunday,"
    it quoted Munir Mohamad Nawi, a fisheries official in the
    northeastern state of Terengganu, as saying.
    The Vietnamese are expected to be charged with encroachment
    under the fisheries act, and face a maximum fine of 100,000
    ringgit, or two years' jail, or both, if convicted.

Thread Information