HNFC FF/President

Default Mutual Aid Policies

What Policies (RULES) does your department have established for Mutual Aid Responses?

Can Juniors/Explorers/Cadets/etc... ride apparatus for calls in mutual aid area?

Do you only send certain Apparatus?

Response Time Cut-off (ex. respond only between 6A-6P)

ETC... Anything else you can think of.
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

Forum Member

When we do Mutual Aid we send out Cadets if we want to go we just have to ask. We dont send out the whole Dept though. We usually send our 2nd due engine and our Salvage truck, Unless they request something different. We will do mutual aid 24/7.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

HNFC FF/President

same here, we do mutual aid 24/7 also.
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

Well, if its something that is close to our borders, and could possibly be something (Automatic Fire Alarms, etc.), then pre planned mutual aid goes into effect, and that Fire Dept. is dispatched on the first tones.

Yes we can, we ride along in the apparatus, or any vehicle that is going over.

If its just a regular mutual aid, then we bring engine 3 every time. If its something out of the ordinary, like a silo fire, which happens alot, we bring engine 4. And if its an all out mutual aid, everything will go. And a local Fire Dept. will be called in to cover us.

No response time cut off.
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

You must have your state fire card to respond mutual aid for us(also believe that is for whole state.) Ours is 24/7 coverage. We auto send an Engine/Tanker and Special Call for the Ladder.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Originally posted by ff7134
    You must have your state fire card to respond mutual aid for us(also believe that is for whole state.) Ours is 24/7 coverage. We auto send an Engine/Tanker and Special Call for the Ladder.
    Arnt you from Ohio. I know you must have you card to do firefighting work, I dont know about having to have it to respond to Mutual Aid runs, casue all of us Cadets get to go on any kind of Mutual Aid run with permission and they have never said No yet.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes I am from Ohio, I don't really know the legal issues regarding a Jr on a Mutual call. I guess it boils down to what they let you do and if that could be classified as "Firefighting" activity. If your changing bottles and stuff of that nature I don't think that would qualify.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Ok, thats what I was thinking,Yea thats all I usually do is change bottles and get everything needed. I dont get to do overhaul on mutual Aid but if we get a fire in our town, I am sometimes aloud to help with overhaul under supervision.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

Thread Information