Forum Member

Default A question for Webteam.......

I have a problem when I go to log on to this site under my AOL. Our family computer that has DSL on it, will allow me to logon to FH.com without any problems, it runs, loads, and will allow me to post. However I now have gotten my own computer with AOL 8.0 and it will not let me log on to this site don't ask me why it won't, it must just not like me. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please e-mail me at explr985@aol.com
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Forum Member

Have you ever thought that youmay still be logged on, on the other computer.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

i wouldnt think that would affect anything. i stay logged in to FH from my home computer and have no problem using it at school.

Forum Member

I dont think that makes a difference. Because I am logged on on various computers at school... firehall... and home. So maybe the problem lays within AOL. I dont know, do they use any built-in firewalls or anything?
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

Forum Member

I logged on under a diffirent ISP after my AOL went south and had to relog in to the forums,

District Chief

Engine101 may have it....I thought that somewhere FH.com said that they have something to block dual log ons by the same person.... Not sure. I know that they can recognize the fact that you have logged on as a different user with the same ISP....
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

I'm a computer nerd... I have 2 operating systems here. I also have two programs to use the internet on each. After reading this. I loaded "Netscape" and MS Explorer on both and proceeded to firehouse.com. You can log in several times with the same ID. I logged on with "Dushore5741" on Netscape and MS on the same computer, both different prog's... MS saves my log in, and netscape does not. Yet I could still enter w/ netscape and post w/ both prog's at the same time. As well as the other system at the same exact time. The only limit is, you can't use two different ID's at the same time, on one system, and a single prog. Fellow nerd will understand my redundant paragraph. If you don't; read every other sentence. That may help you some.

Otherwise, I can't help you.

ps.
    You'd have to swear or whine to get WBT's attention... Or just type in something like my prior sentence.
    Last edited by Dushore5741; 08-12-2003 at 12:24 PM.

Thread Information