Two Killed In Separate I-80 Accidents
Interstate traffic rerouted for hours

Two people were killed Wednesday in separate three-car rush hour pileups on Interstate 80, closing a portion of the nation's busiest highway for hours.

The first accident involved a semi tractor-trailer that hit a North Platte ambulance from behind.

The impact sent the ambulance into the back of a pickup, Nebraska State Patrol spokeswoman Terri Teuber said.

One person was killed and several other people were injured, but other details were not immediately available.

The accident happened at 4:05 p.m. near the Crete interchange in the eastbound lanes.

The second fatal accident involving two semi tractor-trailers and a van happened about 90 minutes later and 20 miles west, near the Seward interchange in the eastbound lanes.

Traffic had slowed probably because of the first accident, Teuber said.

A semi hit the second truck from behind and pushed it into the van, she said.

The person killed in this accident was the driver of the semi that hit the other big rig. The victim's name and other details were not immediately available.

Eastbound I-80 traffic was rerouted for hours from York to the Crete interchange. Westbound interstate traffic also was rerouted around Seward because of the debris on the roadway.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This was found from a Omaha Nebrasks web site and is near the city I live in. My prayers go out to the families of the EMT's and Paramedics in the Ambulance. More updates will be posted as the come up.