Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default One before the other?

I'm just wanting to get a little input from anyone who got the questions may weeks ago, but has yet to be awarded. I wrote the grant request for several small neighboring departments. Back on July 11, I got the email questions for small dept "A". I am in the process of closing out their 2002 award that they got, but with the questions, I am assuming they are going to get another award. (Before I get yelled at, they are really small awards) As of yet I have not heard anything and did not get a link for the 1199A, but I think they do not require another to be filled out unless there are changes. Anyway, the first week of August, I received the questions and 1199A for department "B", and that dept was awarded today. I'm still waiting on word for dept "A". Did anyone else get their questions 5 or more weeks ago without hearing anything yet?
    Joe Fireman

Forum Member

Same situation here. Received 6 questions July 11th. I also received a grant last year. Link to closeout 2002 grant appeared last week. Have bee waiting for a response. We applied for pagers and radios because we don't have any currently. County changed to enhanced 911 system and it is very important that we have pagers. I would like to get started looking at new pagers. I emailed my FEMA rep to make sure he had got the answer to the questions, but it said he was not in the office.

I wrote three...one got six questions on 7/28 and nothing since, the other got six questions AND 1199a on 7/29, the third is pending.

No clue if there's any rhyme or reason.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Forum Member

NCKSFIRE, was the guys' name Tim Price? I wonder if he handled our region, since we are both from the same area?
    Joe Fireman

Forum Member

Question

Mr. Price was the one who sent us the 6 questions on July 10th. We are still waiting for the 1199a as well. We also got the same "out of the office" response to our e-mail last week. We were grant receipiants last year also and havethe close grant link on last years app. page. Still wondering, but it is comforting to know we aren't alone on this subject.

Forum Member

I wonder if he didn't take a vacation or something and our apps are just 'lumped' on his desk?
    Joe Fireman

Forum Member

Tim Price is who handled our application. I was beginning to wonder if he wasn't on vacation. I sure hope the notification comes soon. We do alot of our training in the winter months. I would like to have everything in before we start training. Last year we were late in getting our new turnouts and air packs. We were limited to the number of meetings where we could get everyone together to train.

Forum Member

Default Update

Called for Tim today to make sure he had everything he needed. They told me he is no longer working there, and he was only the person who handled the correspondence relating to the "questions". They referred me to the case worker for Kansas, and she told me to 'log on to the system' because there should me an e-mail waiting on us. I looked, no e-mail. I telephoned her back, and she said the notification shows as 'going out' but she is not sure what the timeline is for delivery. I asked her what the message said, and she stated she couldn't tell me. In my arrogance I insinuated it was a notification of award, and she told me, (and I quote here) 'You may not get an award....many people will get the questions but not be awarded'. I have no idea if that is a line or is true, but we were one of the first to get questions, but still have yet to hear. Hope that's not a bad sign.
    Joe Fireman

Forum Member

What number did you call?

Forum Member

I started with the # at the bottom of Mr. Price's e-mail, and got some guy who has been re-assigned to that #. He gave me the # to the grants secretary, who consequently gave me the # for the caseworker for our area. She's the same gal I dealt with last year.
    Joe Fireman

Forum Member

I called that number and talked to that guy. He said his title was acqusitions and contracts. He talked like Price still worked for FEMA. I hope the gal on the phone was giving the company line in saying not everyone is awarded.

I hope that's a company line, too. I have never heard of anyone getting the six questions but later getting turned down. The woman was probably just trying to keep the horses in the barn, so to speak.

Forum Member

Talked with Rep from last year. FFCOPEMT was right he does not work for FEMA anymore. He said we should be notified shortly as to the answer. He said that our application had passed into the final review. I feel a little better. I'll feel a whole lot better when my state reps office calls. I hope it is tommorrow. Good luck to everyone else.

Default Whew! Finally!

One of my (unpaid) clients got the six questions on July 28 and finally today (8/20) got the 1199A--3 weeks and a day. I was starting to worry. Now we're relaxed again.

Hang in there!

Forum Member

Representative Morans Press secretary called. We got it. Radios, turnout gear, ventilation fans, foam systems. Yippee.

Forum Member

Default Outstanding!

Outstanding, let me be the first to congratulate !! Hope we are next !
    Joe Fireman

Forum Member

NCKSFIRE congrats, did you get the 1199a? Was just wondering because we still haven't received it.

Forum Member

Thanks. We received a grant last year and since the banking info was current we did not get a new 1199A.

Smile

Like you, we got our 1199A update on July 11th. I just got off the phone with a FEMA rep answering the six questions. I would think they are so busy, you really can't count on any time-line.

Good Luck

Forum Member

NCKSFIRE has last years grant been closed out yet? and if so, when?
    Thanks...We are still waiting since The July 10th 6 questions e-mail And we're not on todays list

Thread Information