Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally posted by ThNozzleman
    Wow...it's sort of nice to sit back and watch someone besides the donkeys and the elephants hash it out for a change!
    Oh don't worry Robert, there are plenty of idiots in politics on both sides of the border to keep us all well entertained.
    A'int No Rocket Scientist's in The Firehall

Originally posted by ThNozzleman
    I'll have to admit; I've learned a lot about Canada by reading this forum. I used to date a girl from Canada, what province she lived in, I don't recall. I remember that she thought the healthcare system there was the best thing since sliced bread, though. Keep it up, guys; this is pretty interesting to me.
    BTW he was wrong, the best thing since sliced bread is Canadian women

MembersZone Subscriber

Should we move parliament out West or out East or Quebec. Would that shift the power base? Does Ontario get special treatment? Ask the nurses who haven't paid for all the O.T. they worked during SARS. Ask the tourism workers in Toronto who have no jobs. Do the B.C. homeless get more Federal dollars than the ones in Toronto? No, almost all of the homeless costs have been downloaded to the city. Where do the majority of immigrants come? Ontario. Do the Feds help out with housing costs and such for them? Ontario gives the Feds more than 5 billion that doesn't come back. I'm not saying that we should get more, I'm saying that it should be even also. Coming down on Ontario for our bone head PM is wrong. We are all Canadian and no matter how bad any of us think we have it we live in the best country in the world. Not because of our government but because of our people.

Forum Member

Saying Ontarians voting patterns need work does not mean that the people aren't great. Yes Ontario supports the Country as a whole, as does Alberta and it should be this way, the strong must spport the weak. Next Century the roles could be reversed.

Yes I am bitter towards the liberal government. In 1981, I was one of very many Albertans who lost our jobs because of the single most damaging and regressive pieces of legislation in Canadian History (NEP). I will never forget nor will I forgive. Jean C. as finance minister played a major role in Creating the NEP, despite his efforts to play down his role.

That being said, as the bumper sticker says, "I love my Country, it's the Government I don't trust".

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

My only real pet peeve with our politicians lately is that our leadership choices over the last few elections have been uninspiring and boring.

Regardless of which party you support, all the recent leaders have been morons (some of them right up there with ole Dubya). Chretien has clearly been in power too long, but I almost hate to see him go because he has just become interesting in the last few years (with his pepper spraying antics and recent outspokenness in regards to the War, etc). The recent batch of Alliance leaders have all had the personality of a retarded sloth. I was very interested in the old Reform party back in the early nineties, but when it came time to vote, the candidates were far too inexperienced and often just plain insane. You might as well vote green!

I used to vote PC until they jumped of the parlimentary bridge. I wouldn't mind seeing them gain a few seats back this time, but I fear they have been without power so long that they will have to learn how to play on the big stage again.

I was indifferent to Chretien for the first two terms, but his recent antics are quite entertaining. I have also seen the range of good and bad economic times, and the other parties could not have played the last decade any better. I know a few would have made it worse as well (cough-NDP-cough).
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Regardless of which party you support, all the recent leaders have been morons (some of them right up there with ole Dubya).
    Whoa! I was enjoying this little debate and learning something, too. Until this little gem. History will show that this man was far from a moron. I'm not going to go into a long thing, here. But you taint your argument by shooting off a gratuitous insult at our President. You know that Pres. Bush has done nothing to Canada. So keep your debate going and leave us out of it.

Dont take it personally George, Canadians by and large consider all politicians to be morons, its a safer bet then presuming they know what they are doing.

Thread Information