IACOJ Agitator

Default Marital Bliss Ends At Reception

From the Hartford Courant (picture of the bride on the website):

Marital Bliss Ends At Reception
    Police Arrest Agitated Bride

August 19, 2003
    By DAN UHLINGER, Courant Staff Writer

SOUTH WINDSOR -- If Adrienne Samen ever forgets the details of her wedding reception, the police will be able to provide her with an official account, including a photograph.

The 18-year-old North Haven woman was arrested Saturday night after police said she "flipped out" at the Mill on the River Restaurant, cursed workers who asked some of her guests to leave the bar and then stormed out of the establishment.

According to Helmar Wolf, a co-owner of the restaurant, the bride and groom began to argue in the parking lot, where the bride shouted, "I hate you!" Soon after, Wolf said, the angry young woman "started throwing wedding cake and smashed vases of flowers."

Samen continued cursing and jumped spread eagle onto a car as it was leaving the parking lot, Wolf said. She eventually fell off and the car left.

Police were called about 7 p.m. and found Samen walking along Route 30 in her wedding dress. Witnesses told police she was intoxicated.

The officers tried to talk to Samen, but the woman made an obscene gesture and kept walking along the busy road, yelling at people in a car who had come from the wedding party and were driving slowly beside her, trying to calm her down, police said.

The officers spent about 40 minutes trying to reason with the bride, but finally gave up and arrested her when she started darting into traffic, shouting at people, said Sgt. Matthew D. Reed.

After placing the 5-foot-1, 87-pound woman into the cruiser, an officer questioned the wedding guests in their car. Reed said that during the questioning the officer heard a "thump, thump, thump" coming from the cruiser.

When he turned around, he saw Samen kicking at the cruiser's window and door, Reed said. The officer went back to the cruiser and tried to put a seat belt on Samen, who tried to bite him, Reed said.

Samen was taken to police headquarters, where she was charged with breach of peace and third-degree criminal mischief. She was released about 10:30 p.m. after posting $1,000 bail. She could not be reached Monday.

Reed said Samen refused to cooperate at police headquarters.

"The last thing we want to do is arrest a bride on her wedding night, but this was a situation where she had to be taken under control," Reed said.

Samen is scheduled to appear Aug. 28 in Manchester Superior Court.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

ROTFLMAO she is a fiesty little thing
    IACOJ Membership 2002
    {15}

Mike IAFF

The beatings will continue until the morale improves

MembersZone Subscriber

Rumor has it that alcohol was involved.

Forum Member

......ahh yes, those wonderful Connecticut weddings....

Reminds me off the time the ex-boyfriend showed up at the reception with a shotgun.....I guess he objected.

MembersZone Subscriber

Any word on who caught the bouquet?
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Fire Chaplain

I saw cheffie holding some flowers...
    Resident Chaplain of the IACOJ

Forum Member

After placing the 5-foot-1, 87-pound woman into the cruiser
    What the article failed to mention was the fact that this wedding actually took place in Munchkin land.
    Any word on who caught the bouquet?
    Ahhh ... I think that would be the groom ... although, I'm not sure "caught" is the right word.
    the bride and groom began to argue in the parking lot, where the bride shouted, "I hate you!" Soon after, Wolf said, the angry young woman "started throwing wedding cake and smashed vases of flowers."
    Besides, I'm more concerned about who caught the garter ... apparently they didn't do a very good job of putting it on whoever caught the bouquet (assuming it was, in fact, NOT the groom).

Stay Safe

Forum Member

well at leat they are starting early !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Nice tat,s is that the Grooms name I see
    J.B.WEIR
    Summerville Vol Fire Dept
    Pride In Service !

Forum Member

Hmmmm, why does the term white trash come to mind here? Only 18 years old. Something tells me she's a little to immature to be getting married.
    I'll put 20 on it lasting 6 months.............

MembersZone Subscriber

I'll put 20 on it lasting 6 months.............
    That's if it lasted that night!
    The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn...

Forum Member

Oh, be assured, it'll last long enough to pop out at least one kid.......

MembersZone Subscriber

Reminds me of one some years ago here in WI. The "happy" couple got into a domestic at their motel on their wedding night (in Sept or Oct). Come Valentine's Day, he didn't give her any flowers. But he did stab her 7 times and collapse both lungs. She made it. As far as I know, they didn't have any further marital problems - of course he wasn't around very much after that.
    Joe O'Keefe

Forum Member

Post Wedding bells

Lady Capn, do I detect a mere hint of sarcasm? For once in my life I freely admit "Womans Intuition " is not a long lost part of witchcraft.Just a thought if the poor grooms wife acts like that--and children copy the parent, what on earth does the Mother in Law look like!
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

MembersZone Subscriber

Oh god mother-in-laws (or as we like to call them the outlaws) that's a entirely different thread!
    The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn...

Forum Member

Post Outlaws

Firechick76--I am a expert on M.I.L's--my one was thrown out of the S.S for cruelty--mind you she has kept out of trouble since her big accident, she flew her broom into the brickworks chimney.The one thing that her neighbours get fed up with is, St. George keeps beating on her front door demanding she comes out and fight! On a more serious note she has everything a man could want--Muscles and a moustache.
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

IACOJ Agitator

From Channel 3 (there is also a video of their news story about this on their website):

Husband of arrested bride disputes police account of incident

SOUTH WINDSOR (AP) - The husband of a new bride who spent part of her wedding night in jail is disputing the police account of the incident.

Police on Saturday charged Adrienne T. Samen, 18, with breach of peace and criminal mischief. Officers said she was throwing things, including wedding cake and vases, and was found walking down the road in her wedding gown. Police also said she kicked the door of a police cruiser and tried to bite an officer.

"None of it is true," said Dave Samen, her new husband.

Dave Samen said the wedding went all wrong from the start, and that the bar was charging guests for drinks even though it was supposed to be open. He also said the facility kicked the party out early.

"It was a military wedding," said her husband, a Marine who just returned from Iraq. "No one was rude or disorderly."

He said his wife was walking home alone because she was upset about the reception. He said she never tried to bite an officer.

She was slightly intoxicated, he said, but added: "It was a wedding reception."

Adrienne Samen is due in Manchester Superior Court on Aug. 28.
    IACOJ Agitator

Forum Member

Wonder if their lawyer will being doing a two for one sale:

The court case and the divorce?

(Kind of reminds me of my first (and last) wedding when my new & now ex brother in law beat the DJ up )
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Forum Member

As a man, and therfore by proxy a pig, I feel for the poor guy, they didn't even get to consumate the marriage.

This poor guy is now in deep trouble because he has to lug this prize around to military bases where I can see that she will fit in with the order and discipline of the military - nevermind the Marine Corps - quite well.

As for mothers in law, well I get along quite well with mine. She's a little loppy, but aren't they all, but I love her adn we have a good time together too.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Not for nuthin', but what is the legal drinking age in CT?

Shouldn't there be a law against 18 YOA getting married? I couldn't take care of myself at 18, never mind a wife.

Lady is 100% correct.

I love my mother-in-law.

MembersZone Subscriber

In many states it is legal to drink with your spouse if they are of legal age....not sure how old the Marine is but if the party was on base he would only need to be 18 as well....

MembersZone Subscriber

I thought I read that he was 18, but I gues I read it wrong.

IACOJ Agitator

They were talking about it on the radio this morning. The husband is only 20 years-old.
    IACOJ Agitator

Forum Member

Hey folks, this story actually made the Toronto morning news. Talk about your 15 minutes of fame

IACOJ Agitator

It was Yahoo's top emailed news story, also.

and Keith Oberman mentioned it during The Countdown yesterday.
    IACOJ Agitator

Thread Information