Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up There is some justice after all.....read and enjoy...

ROME, N.Y. (AP) - A defense attorney and 10 others were charged with running a methamphetamine lab that transported the illegal drug from New York City to two upstate counties.

Police arrested Robert Moran, 46, of Rome, and the others in simultaneous raids around 6:10 p.m. Sunday in eight locations in Oneida, Herkimer and Queens counties. Investigators confiscated one pound of meth with a street value of about $50,000, 43 handguns, an M-16 rifle, about $6,000 in cash, eight computers, and 10 vehicles, among other things, according to the Oneida County Sheriff's Department.

The raids were part of a five-month probe by federal, state and local investigators that focused on Moran and his connections with the Hells Angels and a Utica-based motorcycle group called the Highwaymen MC. Some of those arrested were involved in the groups. Police charged Moran with felony second-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.

Also charged were: Roberta Cochis, 47, Jeffrey Cochis, 24, Thomas Corigliano, 63, Terry Corigliano, 63, all of Rome; James Mathis, 46, and Faith Burke, 43, both of Oriskany; Gregory Heine, 36, of Douglaston; Shayne Bazinet, 27, of Middleville; David Cook, 49, of Ilion; and Kimberly Beadle, 31, of Camden.

Police expect more arrests as the investigation continues.

Moran defended Alan Baird III, the former volunteer deputy chief of the Lairdsville Fire Department who was convicted of criminally negligent homicide in the death of a volunteer firefighter during a practice drill.

You get what you give......
    IACOJ Membership 2002
    {15}

Mike IAFF

The beatings will continue until the morale improves

Darn........and here I was hoping to be the first to bring the FH Forums some good ~!
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member FireCapt1951retired's Avatar

The worm has turned thats for sure.I hope they both share the same cell. Shakespeare would love the irony of this.

Glad to see justice was finally served
    NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
    IAEP Local 152
    "You stopped being in charge when I showed up"

I can not say that I am not happy to see this happen to Moran....His associations with the Hells Angels makes you wonder if he may have other illicit ties besides this and the drugs...what about all the weapons???

However,...JUSTICE WILL NOT BE SERVED UNTIL BAIRD IS IN JAIL TO STAY!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Thread Information