Thread: Passed

Talking Passed

I went for my permit test and I passed. 1st time. The center that I went to is the only one that doesn't do the test by computer. I had 18 questions that were multiple choice and I had to refer to pics from a book. But I must tell you that I have studied for the past 3 months. I only missed 3 1 more and I would have failed. I wasnt thinking on my last one though I put down a stupid answer. Well. Time to learn how to drive.
    Cadet Fire & Rescue Deputy Chief 31
    Monessen Volunteer Fire Department #1
    Westmoreland County Station 81-1

"Going far beyond the call of duty, doing more than others expect, this is what excellence is all about. And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means doing your best every day, in everything."

Congratulations, I passed about 2 months ago on my birthday. Going for my lisence soon.

But regardless, Congratulations!
    IACOJ

Congrats, I passed mine. I missed one. Go for my license in 9 months.
    Carrie Hagen
    CGFD Explorer
    HealthEast Paramedic Explorer
    medicgirl532@yahoo.com
    fireboop3125@firehousemail.com
    carebear3125@hotmail.com

**FireFighting not recommeded for mere mortals **

Bump 'N Grind
    Firefighting
    Get your hose out,
    Put your rubbers on,
    And get 'em real wet!

Firefighters
    The Few...
    The Proud...
    The Insanely Brave...

How do licensing systems work in your states?

Here in Florida we have a graduated licensing system.
    A learners can be had at 15 (must drive with an adult over 21), and you get your license at 16. However, at 16 you can only drive between 7a-11pm alone, and at 17 you can only drive between 5am and 1am alone. If you are under 18, you must have had your learners for 12 months before you can test for a license. I think its pretty decent.

Florida (especially Miami) is such an autocentric society, if you dont have a car... you're pretty much screwed! So I'm pretty happy with our system. It also makes for a good driver I think. If I compare myself to when I first started driving at 15, to now... I can certainly see a difference.

Still, some stupid teenagers make us pay the insurance rates we do.

Oh well
    Justin
    VP/Webmaster/EMT-B
    MDFR Post #1403

Talking

Congrats... i go for mine in 4 months and 25 days

Forum Member

New York is going to graduated liscenising system beginning September 1st 2003. no sure of all the exact details but that's what i heard from my old driver's ed teacher
    NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
    IAEP Local 152
    "You stopped being in charge when I showed up"

The new system taking effect on Sept. 1st is something like you have to have your permit for like 6 months to a year or something, and after that there is something else.

I forget because it didnt effect me.
    IACOJ

Lol@MFDExplorer51
    As long as it doesnt apply to you who cares. lol.

"Going far beyond the call of duty, doing more than others expect, this is what excellence is all about. And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means doing your best every day, in everything."

Heh, it's not that I don't care; it's just didnt effect me, so I didn't pay attention .
    Last edited by MFDExplorer51; 08-24-2003 at 01:17 PM.
    IACOJ

I missed 3 out of 20 for my permit. Ill be going for my liscense in the next 3-5 weeks

The New System effects me! BUt i have to have my permit for 6 months until i turn 16 (which is really 9 months for me) but having my permit i can't drive without a person over 21 i can't drive past dark. Our permits aren't paper they are now actually cards. after our permit we then get a license that says that we are under 18 then after that we get one that says that were over 21.
    Carrie Hagen
    CGFD Explorer
    HealthEast Paramedic Explorer
    medicgirl532@yahoo.com
    fireboop3125@firehousemail.com
    carebear3125@hotmail.com

**FireFighting not recommeded for mere mortals **

Bump 'N Grind
    Firefighting
    Get your hose out,
    Put your rubbers on,
    And get 'em real wet!

Firefighters
    The Few...
    The Proud...
    The Insanely Brave...

Default Takin It To The Road.

I drove on the road for the first time today.
    It will be interesting to see how I handle the situation of when I am behind the wheel and the tones drop. It will definitely take good judgment on my part.

Out of all the times I have driven in the last 2 months, the tones haven't dropped once. So I am still waiting for it to happen.
    IACOJ

It will be a good one. I can tell you that. And before anyone bust my B*lls. I dont mean that in a negative way.

Well I have been driving for almost a month and one Friday they went off but my mom wouldn't let me drive downtown. Oh well. To be honest with you it has been dead quiet here since that Friday.
    Last edited by MVFD81; 09-14-2003 at 10:13 AM.

Decided to update .

Tones still have not dropped, but I scheduled my roadtest after taking my five hour up in Hudson. I go on Oct. 7th.

Whoo Hoo!
    IACOJ

Finally, the tones dropped. Two car MVA with a head injury. Drove to the FireHouse, but, I followed my father, cus when I got to the bottom of the driveway, he was turning around. So we both went, and he took the ambulance (Because I cant go on the ambulance). I stayed back and no one ever came for anything else. lol

But I finally did, I only got out of my main driveway for like a few hundred feet when they dropped.

And there it is.
    IACOJ

Default Cool

Sounds like you had fun. Thats cool.

Oh yeah, got my lisence; about a week ago, the tones have dropped while I was by myself too. That is fun as well. I was close to town to, so it was a short drive (Of course following the laws of the road!) to the FireHouse.
    IACOJ

Thread Information