A 3 alarm fire broke out at 4:42 AM in west end Toronto. Despite the warm summer temperatures, the fire was apparently caused by a woodstove.
From CP24 website
The fire apparently started on a wood stove. And it sparked out of control just before 5am Sunday, igniting a half-million dollar three-alarm blaze on Campbell Ave., near Bloor and Lansdowne. Fortunately for two people in the house, they were able to escape the destruction by jumping from a roof and climbing down a tree. They suffered only minor injuries.
Three other homes were damaged by the fire, but mostly just by smoke and water. An area resident said that he noticed a lot of sparks coming from the stove hours earlier.
“I heard “fire, fire” on the street and I ran out of the house. I saw two people standing on the roof. I was trying to get [them] off the roof and there were no ladders around and so I told them to jump on the tree. I tried to get into the house … and there was no answer. The whole house was engulfed by that time so I backed away from the house,” Damian Coady reported.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: 3 Alarm Fire, Toronto Canada
08-24-2003, 11:52 PM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2002
3 Alarm Fire, Toronto Canada
08-25-2003, 09:59 PM #2
Hope all of our brother & sister firefighters over the border are home safe following a hard job.~Kevin
Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)