Permanently Removed

Default Computer question, please help.

Ok, I know this isnt quite fire related, but I always
    get the answers I need for you folks...

Simply- please tell me how to convert a GIF file to a
    JPG.

Thanks.

You should be able to use an image editor (Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro) to save as a .jpg. Or you could go to www.tucows.com or www.cnet.com and download a conversion utility. Hope that helps.

Stay Safe

Steve

Forum Member

Post Also...

BOU...
    You could also use the Microsoft Photo Editor that usually comes with MS Office (and some newer versions of Windows). Just open up your GIF and hit Save As and then select JPG from the bottom in the Type drop down. PM me if you need more help!

-Devil
    Once again....the above views are my own and not that of my department. (And probably should not be construed as having any real meaning, whatsoever!)

IACOJ

All computers with a Microsoft OS such as windows come with 'Paint' if your on 3.1, its in the 'accessories' section, if your on 95/98/98SE/M/2000/etc etc you need to go start: programs: accessories: Pain

Then do as FightingDevil said when you go to save it, open the image, go to save as, go to where it says 'Gif' and change it to 'Jpg or JPEG'

\

MembersZone Subscriber

Although 42VTExplorer gave what I would consider to be the best answer (simply because you don't have to buy or download anything), I will still make this recomendation.

Download IrfanView from Tucows - this is a FREE image manipulation program - allows you to convert to MANY different file type, resize, rotate, will preview images in a slide show format, creates thumbnail images for web use, and more. - it is however, NOT a Paint type program - meaning you can't draw, erase, or otherwase change the content of the image.

I have it on every one of my Home Computers, Work Systems, Laptop, computers at the Fire House & EMS station.

Best of all the thing is small small small - great to distribute on a CD with images.
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

hi, i'll be happy to do it for you if need be, send me a PM for my email.

Thread Information