Thread: First Aid Kits

HNFC FF/President

Default First Aid Kits

This is a 2 part question

#1) I have an old First Aid kit in my dads (soon to be my vehicle) Jeep Cherokee. i would like to get a new one. Does anyone know of good places to get first aid kits? (i'm think local Red Cross Chapter)

#2) Who has/planning on having a first aid kit in there vehicle? and have you ever had to use it?
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

I am planning on it, have no clue where to get a good one, if someone comes up with something here, I am willing to try it out.

I want something eventually.
    IACOJ

Screw a first aid kit... GO ALL OUT!

Forum Member

i have one in my car that came in another kit for my car. it sucks and when it runs out i am going to definetly get a better one.
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

Come on we're jr firefighters and explorers....dont get burned out this early on athe job. Chill out you don't need more than a basic car first aid kit. We don't really have the experience to be using all the things in a truama bag.
    LADIES LOVE ME.
    FLAMES FEAR ME.

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS FLAG, IF THAT BOTHERS YOU WELL THATS TOO BAD!" AARON TIPPIN

If you wish to burn our flag please remember to wrap yourself in it first!!!

ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY AND ALL OF MY YANKEE COMMENTS ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

For those of youo that want to go all out go to eBay, you can buy a fully stocked trauma kit, a stretcher and hell you can even buy a used Ambulance. Then you'll definatly be all out.
    LADIES LOVE ME.
    FLAMES FEAR ME.

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS FLAG, IF THAT BOTHERS YOU WELL THATS TOO BAD!" AARON TIPPIN

If you wish to burn our flag please remember to wrap yourself in it first!!!

ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY AND ALL OF MY YANKEE COMMENTS ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

I dont know, I was not talking abotu going all out, or using it for something like a trauma bag. I was just talking about a basic one for myself. Lol.
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

If you are an EMT, you might want to consider the BLS kits from Galls, they have a little more than you need, but simplify things by putting it all together. Otherwise, stick to your normal car first aid kit, and add a pocket mask.

-Dan
    FF2/EMT

Talk about going all out. lol. But I guess it isnt for nothing since he does volunteer. I am thinking about having one in my car.
    Cadet Fire & Rescue Deputy Chief 31
    Monessen Volunteer Fire Department #1
    Westmoreland County Station 81-1

"Going far beyond the call of duty, doing more than others expect, this is what excellence is all about. And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means doing your best every day, in everything."

Forum Member

The only first aid kit I carry is a little plastic box about 3*2.5*1

So its pretty small... someother people may have it. ESIP was giving them out at the NYS Chief show thats when I got it. I carry it in my gear since its so small.

I only use it for me and brother firemen on a scene. Like if I get cut or something at a call as a temp-fix until I can get to an EMT.
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

Thread Information