Forum Member

Thumbs down Screwed up priorities

I could not let this one go unmentioned. In article # 1 in FH.com, we have the NYPD busting up a peaceful protest site by concerned neighbors, using their rights to try and save their local firehouse. In article # 2, we have an FDNY member who risked life and limb to rescue a cabbie from some thugs during a robbery. looks to me as though the city administration has their priorities a little mixed-up. I wont blame the local cops too much. "Only following orders"...But come on Mayor Bloomhead...You need to get thicker skin. Maybe just maybe if article # 1 didnt happen, the busy NYPD could have done something about article # 2...Yes I know.."Different precinct", "the cops cant be everywhere" blah blah blah.... My hat is off to the Brother from the FDNY who probably saved a guys life..My hat goes right back on with a big "thumbs down" to the cops on this one.

Forum Member

Yes it was ultimately the NYPD decision to break up the protest but it was the Mayors office and the Fire Commissioner office who requested that this action be taken.It's a classic example of the NYPD being the bearer of bad news and catching all the bad press that comes along with it.Saying they were peaceful protesters isnt exactly true. FD equipment has been damaged (engine) because of these peaceful protesters. Also fire marshals have been involved in the crack down on these protestors but luckily they have been able to stay off the radar screen when it comes to bad press. NYPD is an easier target when it comes to the NYC media.

Forum Member

Default You learn somethin new every day

Falcon, thanks for setting me straight..Although I do think it sucks that they closed firehouses down..

Forum Member

I haven't read these articles yet. But my initial question to you is this...

How do you know the cabbie incidnet would have been prevented had their not been arrests made at the protest??
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Originally posted by nmfire
    I haven't read these articles yet. But my initial question to you is this...

How do you know the cabbie incidnet would have been prevented had their not been arrests made at the protest??
    Well to be honest with you, I dont really think that one has to do with another. I was being ironic.

Forum Member

Funny ... I thought the exact same thing when I read the two articles ... and I also found it to be incredibly ironic.

Stay Safe

Forum Member

Oh, I don't know, I saw the 2 articles and figured it was more of NYC's "duplication of services".

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking HeHeHe..............

Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Thread Information