• yes

20 90.91%
  • no

2 9.09%

Thread: New FF movie

expvol
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default New FF movie

I know that Ladder 49 comes out in 04 but I heard a blurb from some other FFs that there was another FF movie in the works. Has anyone heard anything? Also are you going to go and see ladder 49, I hope it is better than backdraft.

Forum Member

There was another movie that was supposed to start filming, but was delayed by 9-11-01 tragedy. I believe it was called Truck 44 and believe it was about some FFs getting trapped in a high rise or something to that effect. I heard it was initially supposed to take place in NY, but was changed to Miami after 9-11. I will see if I can find the info on it again.

Forum Member

OK, so I was off on the storyline, but here is what I found before about "Truck 44"

TRUCK 44

Release Date: Unknown; that will depend upon when/if filming ever gets scheduled.

Release Date Note: (9/25/01) This project did look like it was set for a 2002 release until Fox put it on hold following the 9/11/01 tragedies, out of sensitivity to the interests of firefighters who died then.

Not to Be Confused With: (2/17/03) Another movie about firemen with a very similar title is Ladder 49.

Distributor: 20th Century Fox (picked up out of turnaround from Universal; originally to be distributed by USA Films)

Production Company: Radar Pictures (The Chronicles of Riddick, They, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre)

Cast: Peter Berg; other cast not announced yet.

Cast Notes: (7/17/01) When this was at Universal, Samuel L. Jackson was considering starring, but he's probably no longer involved. Variety reported (6/27/01) that at the time Jackson was in talks, the script focused on one role, but that it now focuses on two. (8/14/01) Variety now reports that Will Smith has expressed interest in a role (possibly the same as Jackson?) as well.

Director: Peter Berg (Very Bad Things; his second film as director before this is Helldorado)

Screenwriter: Peter Berg (Very Bad Things)

Premise: Five Miami firemen who band together to pull off a heist in an apartment building end up setting it on fire instead, so they have to prevent a tragedy their greed created... (previously planned to be set in New York, but it's being moved to Miami due to sensitivity about the heroic role FDNY members played on September 11th)

Filming: Production had scheduled to start in the fall of 2001, but has been put on hold due to the 9/11/01 tragedies. When it was at Universal, filming almost started in early 2001. (3/7/02) Filming is now expected to start sometime after Peter Berg finishes work on Nautica. The principal location will most likely be where it's set: Miami.

Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller

I heard something about the Ladder49. I think I saw something of a newsclip on it while I was channel surfing.
    IACOJ

Sr. Information Officer

Premise: Five Miami firemen who band together to pull off a heist in an apartment building end up setting it on fire instead, so they have to prevent a tragedy their greed created...
    Now there's just the sort of image a good firefighting movie should project.

No thanks. I think I'll watch reruns of "Emergency" instead.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Forum Member

yeah, i got ot agree, this doesn't seem to be the image any of us want to be portraying. i'll pass, and recommend that everyone i know pass on it too
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Thumbs up

BIG NEWS...New TV program airing soon it's about these people who are on a boat and......

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip, That started in this tropic port, aboard this tiny ship. The mate was a mighty sailin' man, the Skipper brave and sure. Five passengers set sail that day for a three hour tour. A three hour tour.
    The weather started getting rough, the tiny ship was tossed. If not for the courage of the fearless crew, the Minnow would be lost. The Minnow would be lost. The ship set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle,with Gilligan (Webteam), the Skipper (CaptainGonzo) too, the Millionaire (GeorgeWendtCFI) and his wife (LadyCapn), the movie star (RspctFrmCalgary), the Professor (NJFFSA16)and Mary Ann (E229Lt), here on FirehouseForum.

Coming to a TV by you
    Last edited by E40FDNYL35; 09-07-2003 at 07:13 AM.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Disillusioned Subscriber

...and Mary Ann (E229Lt), here on FirehouseForum.
    Whoda thunk it?!
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

District Chief

AH...but Alas.....I missed that boat!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

District Chief

Post Here's The Story on the Documentary in Miami

Miami Herald

Documentary chronicles role of Miami firefighters
    BY MEG LAUGHLIN
    mlaughlin@herald.com

For the past month, Mike Trebilcock, firefighter and filmmaker, has been going to sleep at 3 a.m. and getting up at 6 a.m., fine-tuning his 9/11 film for the two-year anniversary.

A few days after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, Trebilcock and 71 other Miami search and rescue firefighters drove 24 hours to get to ground zero at the World Trade Center site.

Their sole purpose: To do whatever they could to help the New York City Fire Department.

Trebilcock, 43, who has been a firefighter for 13 years and who earned a master of fine arts in filmmaking from the University of Miami in 1997, took a video camera. But, after one day of filming amid the twisted steel, rubble and smoke, he became too sick to continue. Injured from inhaling burning chemicals in a house fire in Liberty City in January 2001, he checked into a New York hospital.

Nevertheless, in the one day he was at ground zero, he was so moved by what he saw he vowed he would make a documentary of the Miami team, no matter what.

''The unfathomable depth of the pain coupled with the depth of the desire to help -- these two things side by side -- haunted me,'' he said.

''Mike killed himself to do this film,'' said his friend Jeff Poppel. ``For two years, he gave all of his heart, his soul and pocketbook.''

To buy editing equipment, he charged more than $30,000 on his credit cards. He searched the country for footage, spent months and months with the Miami crew, talking to them, questioning them, recording their stories and heartache. He worked all day as a fire inspector, then interviewed, mixed, edited and tweaked through the night.

Two years later, he has what he wanted: a grim 90-minute account of unimaginable loss.

The Miami firefighters were a humble, dedicated bunch. For them, it wasn't about harrowing experiences, it was about any little thing they could do to lighten the load of the New York team.

They made the New York City fire chief a huge, wooden table for his paperwork. They formed an assembly line and passed buckets back and forth for the New York City team. They tunneled through six stories of rubble looking for the body of a Port Authority police officer. When they found him and brought him to the surface, they stood by, as his buddies carried out his flag-draped body.

Each day, as their hope of finding anyone alive dimmed, they looked for reasons to keep going. Late one afternoon, a week into the search, they found an arm wedged between two beams. They whooped with joy.

''Closure for a family,'' shouted one.

For them, concrete slabs meant hope -- a place to hide, a place to survive.

''It's all steel,'' lamented a Miami fire fighter.

Sometimes, during their digging, a Miami worker was blinded by something shiny: reflective stripes on a sleeve -- all that was left of a dead New York City fire fighter.

''Our family,'' the Miami team called them.

Some of the Miami firefighters wept every day. Others became numb.

''The thousand-yard stare,'' they called it.

They stood by silently when the New York City fire fighters wept. They stood by silently just to be there. They listened to their stories. One New York City team member, searching through rubble,told a Miami helper: ``I'm looking for my boys.''

''Your team?'' asked the Miami firefighter.

''No,'' said the man. ``My two sons were in the building.''

Even their dogs got depressed. One Miami team member says her dog was trained to wag his tail when he found someone alive.

''He never did,'' she said.

After a week, he quit wagging his tail even when she petted him at night.

The worst day of all was the day the family members of those killed came to the site. The grief on their faces was devastating to all of the rescue workers.

One firefighter remembers leaving that day, riding the team bus back to the tent. It was raining. No one was talking. He looked out the window and saw New Yorkers in shorts and sun visors standing in the rain, lining the median. They were applauding.

''The depth of grief, the professionalism and dedication of the New York team -- just to be accepted by them -- that was what touched us all so much,'' said Trebilcock.

``It was this -- the pain and the love -- that I wanted to capture.''

''A Firefighter's Ground Zero'' will be shown at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Cosford Cinema at the University of Miami.
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by E40FDNYL35
    BIG NEWS...New TV program airing soon it's about these people who are on a boat and......

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip, That started in this tropic port, aboard this tiny ship. The mate was a mighty sailin' man, the Skipper brave and sure. Five passengers set sail that day for a three hour tour. A three hour tour.
    The weather started getting rough, the tiny ship was tossed. If not for the courage of the fearless crew, the Minnow would be lost. The Minnow would be lost. The ship set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle,with Gilligan (Webteam), the Skipper (CaptainGonzo) too, the Millionaire (GeorgeWendtCFI) and his wife (LadyCapn), the movie star (RspctFrmCalgary), the Professor (NJFFSA16)and Mary Ann (E229Lt), here on FirehouseForum.

Coming to a TV by you
    Please notice that I am the big winner here. A million bucks and Lady, too. God, life has never been so good.

District Chief

Talking

"Hey Boss.....DA Boat DA Boat!" "OK Tattoo...Let's go meet our new guests!"
    BMI Investigator

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

ROTFLMFAO!!!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Stan; quitcherbitchin. We have other offers!

E40FDNYL35: Would you consider me in the role of the little Japanese guy in the mini sub? I loved that episode. I can make myself look Japanese. That is, if E229LT can be Mary Ann, then I can certainly portray a Nippon sailor.
    Nice coconuts, Artie!
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

District Chief

"But boss.............!"
    BMI Investigator

Forum Member

Just remember though George, if you're going to call me "Lovie" on a regular basis be ready to bring that wallet out. This Mrs. Howell refuses to be frumpy and loves to shop!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by LadyCapn
    Just remember though George, if you're going to call me "Lovie" on a regular basis be ready to bring that wallet out. This Mrs. Howell refuses to be frumpy and loves to shop!!!
    I smell prenup.

Forum Member

Sounds good, how about J Lo style? If I get PO'd at you, you pay me $50,000, if I dont' want to have sex, you pay me $100,000, if you want to go out with the "guys" to the coconut grove near the beach, then I get another $25,000. Why would anyone not want to sign a prenup?

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by LadyCapn
    Sounds good, how about J Lo style? If I get PO'd at you, you pay me $50,000, if I dont' want to have sex, you pay me $100,000, if you want to go out with the "guys" to the coconut grove near the beach, then I get another $25,000. Why would anyone not want to sign a prenup?
    Is there some college that you all graduate from? I have a buddy who syas, "They are all sisters, man. They are all sisters". Sounds like he is right.

This is a stupid question, but what do I get if I get PO'd at you?

I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD, OH, SORRY. NOW WHERE DID SHE THROW THAT NECKLACE IN EXACTLY?????

YOU CAN GET A COKE AND A SMILE FOR GETTING PEOPLE PO'D

Thread Information