Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Default Disney World Fire Department

My family and I are plannig a trip to Disney World and I thought maybe for a couple of hours the boys and I might try to sneak off and tour one of the fire stations on the grounds. If my memory serves me I believe the fire department is called the Reedy Creek Fire Protection District.

Anyways the point of this, does anyone have a point of contact for that fire department?

Thanks,

FyredUp
    Last edited by FyredUp; 09-05-2003 at 01:58 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Here is their web site.

http://www.reedycreek.org

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Wink

Reedy Creek Emergency Services
    651 Buena Vista Dr.
    Bay Lake, FL. 32830
    Phone: 407-560-1977
    Tours are conducted Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. through 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. through 4:00 p.m.

I've spoken to them on a couple of occasions. They would love to have you visit!
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

When I was 9 years old, I took a trip to Disney with my grandfather. A friend of his is the chief of that department..if its the one I'm thinking of. I believe it is. They have an awesome hydrant display inside I think they have around 25 or so, all of different age, style, and from different parts of the USA

Have fun!

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Very cool...

Thanks everybody.

FyredUp

Cool RCFD

So odd that no one has mentioned the RCFD fire station is pink. I hate the pink, it's awful.

Last week was the Grand Opening for the new RCFD station. You would not believe it. It is so awesome! I love the firehose fountain best.

RCFD inspects our building often as we are a Disney Participant on Disney property. They are a fine group of people. We enjoy their visits even though sometimes it means that awful sounding screech of a fire alarm and those stobe lights are enough to give anyone a migrane.

Call and ask for Chief Keith he'll set up whatever you want

Talking Additional Station

In true Disney style their newest station is just way too cool. First of all it isn't pink, secondly the fire hose water fountain out front is a site to see. The totally glass bay doors are spectacular.

The only true problem I see there is the firefighters have been working with no contract for over 3 years? Huh.....well I think perhaps recently they did finally sign one, but now the State wants to look into the Reedy Creek governing district because something just ain't right there and that includes them not being faithful to the firefighters that have done some of the craziest rescues in the world, no exageration.

Default Re: Additional Station

Originally posted by lilsisterosceol
    The only true problem I see there is the firefighters have been working with no contract for over 3 years? Huh.....well I think perhaps recently they did finally sign one, but now the State wants to look into the Reedy Creek governing district because something just ain't right there and that includes them not being faithful to the firefighters that have done some of the craziest rescues in the world, no exageration.
    I've heard odd things about Reedy Creek -- it is essentially Disney's own government. The improvement district has to answer to land owners within the district and I think Disney owns the majority of that land. So, the brothers at Reedy Creek Fire don't have the same opportunities many of us do by rallying the citizens to our cause or petitioning a city council that answers to a diverse number of people.

MembersZone Subscriber

Does anyone have any pictures of the new station? It sounds very impressive

Lightbulb Hmmmmm I feel a Kodak moment coming on

I assumed the firestation would have pic's all across the web and did a few web searches. I wonder what would happen if I limited my search to firehouse.com???? I'll keep looking, until I can get a few pic's on Monday.

Found one but it doesn't show the glass bay wall nor the hose fountain, it only shows the part I call ugly, ha!

Last edited by lilsisterosceol; 03-27-2004 at 03:52 PM.

Just got back from there on Wed of this week, went by the station off Buena Vista ..............did not know they opened another new station ..........hope for more pics !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Question Is that the ugly pink one?

Looks like the rescue apparatus is at one station and fire apparatus at another, but I can't be certain. I wasn't even aware there was one additional station behind the only McDonald's on Disney Property.
    Weruj1, I wish you could have seen it, it is the bomb digity! Oh yeah, it is true the station is shared with the Orange County Sheriff. I suppose after a few libelous private police incidents, Reedy Creek did the only right thing and allowed the proper law enforcement for each county to handle policing. Part of Disney is in Orange County and part of Disney is in Osceola County, which is my county.

I stopped down twice this past year (nov and dec) when I was down in Orlando visitng my girlfriend, and I have to say, the Reedy Creek guys are awesome. I stopped by the station posted by Lilsis (it's on Buena Vista Blvd correct Lilsis?) I do have to say, the pink, checkerboard station was a little weird...but it's on Disney propery, can't expect the norm there... I also met up with a few of the Medics patrolling Pleasure Island. They stage a rig in the parking lot outside the main entrance at a little chack with 4 red lights on top. They cruise around PI in a nifty little "stretched" golf cart that is basically a scaled down ambulance...stretcher and all. I also visted some Orange Co stations and was suprised to see some of them are "open air" stations with a canopy covering the rigs and a "contractors trailer" as a base. I guess it's me comming from the northeast with heated garages that it suprised me. I also suprised them when they found out that fire trucks can be made into 4x4 vehicles. I showed them a pic of our newest engine that's 4x4 and they almost fell over. To each area there own I guess
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Talking Not too many frosts here

I also was not aware there were open air stations in Orlando, I thought and have always heard Orlando has a big fat budget and I didn't doubt it as my Dad had difficulty breathing one time I was at his house and the City of Orlando responded with the mother of all ladder trucks. I think my county has two and so far we only have enough trained personnel to drive one of them, ha!

We do have open air stations in my county, but that is because the citizens allowed the county to make Public Safety sooooo unimportant there was barely a budget at all. Well maybe that isn't how it came down, it probably has more to do with expecting our elected officials to see to our Public Safety needs. We thought if we just worked our jobs to bring home the bacon and voted our commissioners would see to our Public Safety needs, NOT!

LOL, I know I am preaching to the choir right? Public safety faired much better in the budget process this year and soon the open air stations will be gone, gone, gone. Some of our firefighters and rescue personnel were actually getting physically ill from the mold in those darn, what do you call those, pre-fabricated tin cans?

Hope you enjoyed yourselves in our fair little cowtowns, Orange and Osceola Counties!
    Last edited by lilsisterosceol; 03-27-2004 at 09:35 PM.

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking PINK?????????????????????????? ?????

The station is pink to match the Flamingos, Right?
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Talking Reeedy Creek

cozmosis, Reedy Creek is what Florida gets for selling it's soul to Walt Disney! Your right, the firefighters there are not treated with the same opportunities as the rest of the world. It is it's own district. Orange and Osceola Counties sort of stop where Reedy Creek begins. I know Reedy Creek runs mutal aid for Osceola County, we had a large warehouse fire and Reedy Creek was right there side by side with Osceola county, but I don't know how often they respond off what we call property. They seem to keep quite busy.

They cruise around PI in a nifty little "stretched" golf cart that is basically a scaled down ambulance...stretcher and all.
    There is a real purpose for those little carts. I believe they are used to move patients through the "^&$$$^*^". I have been pixie dusted so I am not allowed to reveal the secret of how things are moved like patients, food, cast members, garbage, not necesarily in that order. But tis true the golf carts are used in more areas than PI.

I think "tunnels" is the word that lilsisterosceol is not meant to be saying!

tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels
    Luke

Talking LOL

Yup, that's the word. I really didn't know the secret till I was pixie dusted, even partners must be pixie dusted, had to place some bandages on tattoos, the guys with facial air totally freak when told they had to shave, our CEO had to step in and save their beards, ha! Some people are all weird about Disney and stuff. While looking for more firestation pic's I have come across some really weird Disney fan club stuff and if you really want a glimpse into the absurd, check this out.

http://www.34747.org/forum/display_f....asp?ForumID=1

werju1.....you were in florida and did not look me up???
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Thread Information