MembersZone Subscriber

Default 9-11-01 Anniversary

GARLAND FIRE DEPT
    Fire Station #7
    2545 Naaman School Rd., Garland Texas 75040 Mapsco 19a-L
    (near G. Bush Turnpike/190 & Hwy 78/Lavon Dr.)
    FD Admin: 972-205-2250 Sta. #7: 972-205-2282
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++
    We will be displaying our FDNY 9-11 Memorial, “A Cross for a Brother”, from 5pm Sept 10 to 5pm Sept 17.
    This is a 1 acre memorial that will have 1 cross displayed for every firefighter killed on Sept 11, 2001. Each cross will have a nameplate with the name of a firefighter killed that day & their assignment. Please come & walk among the names & pay tribute to the FDNY – 343.
    Below are pics from last year.

visit my website & see more pics (FDNY - 343 Memorial)
    Unofficial Garland Fire Dept website
    Saffell
    1 Corinthians 1:18
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Sr. Information Officer

Thanks brother!

If you build it....they will come.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

I'll be there....

District Chief

Default ^

Awesome!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Thanks for that...

A Beautiful rememberance...
    IACOJ

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Default FDNY

On Thursday, September 11th, 2003, the City will commemorate the second anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center. Although the City’s plans have not been finalized, the following details have been released.

The City’s observance will take place at the World Trade Center site on the morning of September 11th. At 0700 hours guests will start gathering at the site. Priority will be given to the families of those who died on September 11th, but public access will be permitted as space allows. At 0830 hours the program will begin.

At 0846, a moment of silence will be followed by children reading the list of names of those lost. After the moment of silence, families may begin to descend the ramp to the lowest level of the site where they can lay flowers. The reading of the names will continue until conclusion stopping only for additional moments of silence at 0903, 0959 and 1029 hours. The service will conclude at 1200 hours when taps will be performed by one NYPD and one FDNY trumpeter followed by a brief musical performance.

At sundown, the “Tribute of Light” will return for one night as a tribute to the memory of those lost. The “Tribute of Light” will be brought back each year for one night on September 11th.

As a mark of respect to those members of the Department who made the Supreme Sacrifice on September 11th, 2001, all Firehouses, Headquarters, EMS Stations and FDNY Facilities shall affect the following.

1. Department Apparatus (where applicable) shall be pulled onto the apron of quarters at 0846 hours where the members shall observe a moment of silence.
    2. Company officer will read the attached prayer before placing apparatus back in quarters.
    3. Companies shall observe additional moments of silence at 0903, 0959 and 1029 hours.
    4. All FDNY family members are invited to attend the firehouse ceremony.

At 1300 hours, a Memorial Service will be held at Fire Department Headquarters. All members are invited to attend.

A PRAYER FOR THE FALLEN
    Today, we remember the words of Father Mychal Judge, who on September 10, 2001, a day before the great tragedy said, “We have to hold each other as long as we have each other.” We find strength today because we have come to learn that death may destroy life, but it cannot take away love that has sustained us during this period of horror and heartbreak.

Today, we do not begin a new life, but begin life again because we want our children to see the flowers of tomorrow blossom from the seeds we plant today.

We who have lost much were blessed with those whom we loved so much. We cannot bring them back, but we can honor their memory in the way we honor one another. Today we know that our loved ones may not be with us anymore, but they will always be within us.

May their souls rest in dignity and peace, and may we find spiritual strength as we stand together as one human family.
    Last edited by E40FDNYL35; 09-08-2003 at 07:11 AM.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Forum Member

At the Belgian Navybase, the firefightingteam will wail their sirens for 1 minute and than there will be 1 minute of silence.
    Last year we did hoist the Stars and Stripes but we are not allowed to do that anymore.
    *Fallen, but not forgotten*
    *The BOSS rules*

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

•At Firefighters Monument, Riverside Drive

The Companies of the B-18 are hosting the 2nd Annual Memorial Service at the Firefighters Monument on Riverside Drive & 100th St., Upper West Side, Manhattan.

•0930: members assemble

•0953: Members form at attention

•0959: Moment of silence, followed by reading of 343 members’ names lost on 9-11

•1029: Moment of silence & placing of the wreath

•1215: Mass at St. John the Devine.

All members are invited for this Unofficial Service, and then continue to the 1215 Mass at 1047 Amsterdam Ave. (& 112 St.). For info contact: Bill Riccardulli E45 (914) 804-3143, Todd Holgan L58 (516) 518-6039, Pete Busching L58 (516) 642-9615
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Forum Member

Default Attending in spirit

E40FDNYL35

Thanks for the posting. Only wish that I would be able to attend in person. Like too many others though, I will attend in spirit and send my wishes and blessings for what will be a very hard day for all of you.

Thread Information