Forum Member

Default Are You Ready For Some Football?

Who is going to the big dance this year? I know one team that certainly isn't.. The Chicago Bears. One half into the new season and already I can see a 3-13 year.

MembersZone Subscriber

Football season is a blessing and a curse for me. On the one hand, I hate it because I live in Cincinnati. So much for the "new and improved Bengals" Need I say anything more?

On the other hand, I am (and always have been) a huge Steelers fan, so it was nice to see them putting a hurtin' on the Ravens this afternoon. Are the Steelers Super Bowl bound? I have my doubts, but it shouldn't be too hard for them to take the AFC North and make the playoffs. They go to at least the AFC finals.

GO STEELERS!

Forum Member

Talking

One game does not a season make and my crystal ball is still broken from the last time they went to the Super Bowl....BUT........the Bills looked pretty darn good against the Pats yesterday! Maybe the fifth time will be the charm!!

MembersZone Subscriber

What the hell happened to my Patriots? I go to several games a year and don't miss a game on TV, unless I am out on a run, and that was the worst game I have seen them play in years. As bad as the Pats looked, the Bills looked very good.

District Chief

Question HMMMMMM

Well...I was raised in the Northern Virginia area so my team has always been the Redskins through thick and thin. I know that is a dream for them to go to the show...but one can only hope...

I heard someone who claimed to be "in the know" the other day claim that the Giants and Titans were the ones..... (No...he had not been drinking.)

Now....Besides the skins i have some other teams I enjoy watching. Mostly because I have friends who play on those teams and it is neat to see them play.

The teams and the players:
    Titans (Erron Kinney)
    Jaguars (Byron Leftwich)
    Colts (Cato June)

I also like to watch the Lions, because they are way way overdue.

Now...as far as my fantasy teams go (NFL.com)....well..I have two teams and my QBs between the two are Warner, Vick, Pennington, Stewart and Jeff Blake... I started Warner on one team and Stewart on the other..... So...you can imagine that my day did not go well! My biggest contributor was Laverneous Coles.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

Go, Detroit Pussycats. Err, I mean Lions

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

The Bears will definately be the Marshmellows of the Midway again this year. What a sickening performance. Oh, for the Ditka days. Shoup brings new meaning to the term "Offensive Coordinator." He certainly is offensive.

I can't WAIT for the Green Bay game on Monday night in two weeks. Eeeewwwwww.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

FIREMAN 1st GRADE
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Forum Member

Unhappy

I was ready for some football...but by the end of the 1st quarter I was ready for some PUKING!!!! I gladly switched to the Fireboat special on the History Channel and checked back as the Bucs spanked the E-ggles. Just UGLY!!! Hopefully they'll bounce back!!!
    Once again....the above views are my own and not that of my department. (And probably should not be construed as having any real meaning, whatsoever!)

IACOJ

Forum Member

I'm picking the Edmonton Eskimos to win it all this year.

You guys aren't talking about that sissy 4 down football are you?

What the hell happened to my Patriots? I go to several games a year and don't miss a game on TV, unless I am out on a run, and that was the worst game I have seen them play in years. As bad as the Pats looked, the Bills looked very good.
    i believe it has something to do with the fact that they sold there team to the bills???

i guess all you can say now is go bills... errrr patriots part 2??
    I havent failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

- Thomas Edison

Forum Member
    Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

I bleed silver and black... GO RAIDERS!!!
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

MembersZone Subscriber

Not for nothin', but the GIANTS are headed to the dance.

Forum Member

Titans all the way!!!!!!

I just found out the other day that Titans TE Erron Kinney is a firefighter. How awsome is that.
    "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

Disillusioned Subscriber

posted by LtDPSJFD: Football season is a blessing and a curse for me. On the one hand, I hate it because I live in Cincinnati.
    Yeah, but the Bung...er, I mean the Bengals have been the most consistent team in the NFL now for the last 12 or 13 years though.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Forum Member

Not for nothin', but the GIANTS are headed to the dance.
    Must be the same dance the Rangers are at!

Of course, it will be a LONG Monday night watching the Giants beat up my Cowboys.

Forum Member

Cool Ahhhhhh, for the Houston Oilers......

While it's waaaaayyyy to early in the season to make ANY predictions, the Vikes did look pretty good squeezin' the cheese out of Green Bay on their home turf. And the Seahawks new defense under Rhodes was really impressive. Maybe we should do a power ranking each week like ESPN does.

Edmonton.....isn't that a practice squad for Arena League Football?

FG
    IACOJ.... "Carpe Elkhartem"
    (Seize the Nozzle)

"Victorious warriors win first,
    and then go to war,
    while defeated warriors go to war first,
    and then seek to win."

SUN TZU

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by Bones42
    Must be the same dance the Rangers are at!

Of course, it will be a LONG Monday night watching the Giants beat up my Cowboys.
    OW! What was that jabbing into my back?

This will be a looooooooooooong hockey season. Leetch, Blackburn, Bure... Sather called the other day, but I told him Iwasn't available.

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THEM BEARS. GUESS KORDELL ISN'T GOING TO WORK OUT ANYWHERE. GOOD, THE STEELERS DIDN'T NEED HIS BULL CRAP PLAY ANYWAY. GO STEELERS. ALL THE WAY, DON'T KNOW. OTHER TEAMS LOOKING GOOD AS WELL. MIAMI, A LET DOWN. BUFFALO, CRUSHING. REDSKINS, ABOUT TIME. PATRIOTS, GOOD FOR YOU. TEXANS, LUCKY. RAIDERS, WHAT HAPPENED? RAVENS, WHERE'S THE TALK, RAMS, SUCK. TENESSEE, CONSISTANT. TAMPA, DEFENDING THE PRIZE. EAGLES, A REPEAT. BUT, IT WAS ONLY THE FIRST GAME. LOT MORE FOOTBALL WHERE THAT CAME FROM. WHO KNOWS. DEFINATLY NOT DETROIT.

GGGGGGOOOOOOOO STEELERS!

MAN, I BET THOSE ESKIMO'S WILL SURELY RUB THE NOSE OFF OTHE DEFENSE THIS YEAR.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by cityfire81
    MAN, I BET THOSE ESKIMO'S WILL SURELY RUB THE NOSE OFF OTHE DEFENSE THIS YEAR.
    Dude, lose the caps, OK?

District Chief

ff41230...Yes he is a member of two (2) volunteer organizations in Tenn. He belongs to a Ambulance Squad and is the Assistant Chief of a small Volunteer Fire Department near where he lives. It is my understanding that he helped organize it in 1999. Also, when he was in University of Fla he was a volunteer at Archer Fire Department in Aluchua County. He is credited with saving the life of a brother firefighter that was incapacitated at a huge boat warehouse fire. Erron carried him out. I met him in Jacksonville at Fire and Rescue East in January 2001 and actually sold him a set of PPE. It is my understanding that if you get his football card it says he is a firefighter.

I continue to maintain contact with him. He is a very nice person and is very active in the church and with charities in his area. I believe he is also active in a Christian Firefighters Fellowship or something similar.

I heard that someone is predicting the Titans and Giants in the Show the year! My fantasy football update says that Erron hurt his knee last week and is questionable.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

yeah i read that on his biography somewhere. He got hurt. I need to check my fantasy football roster.
    "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

Thread Information