Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Health and Safety Programs

I'm doing a research project on Fire Departments' Health and Safety Programs. Does your department have one? Does your department allow you to work out during your shift? Does your department require you to work out during your shift? Are you evaluated on your physical fitness throughout your career? Is there a physical standard that you must be at or above in order to keep your job?

Please, any information you can give me on what your department has, or doesn't have, whether it met any resistance, or why it was implemented would all be of great help...thanks in advance!!

Protective Economist Jonathan Bastian's Avatar

Default Re: Health and Safety Programs

Originally posted by onlyredtrucks
    I'm doing a research project on Fire Departments' Health and Safety Programs. Does your department have one? Does your department allow you to work out during your shift? Does your department require you to work out during your shift? Are you evaluated on your physical fitness throughout your career? Is there a physical standard that you must be at or above in order to keep your job?

Please, any information you can give me on what your department has, or doesn't have, whether it met any resistance, or why it was implemented would all be of great help...thanks in advance!!
    You can also consult NFPA 1500, NFPA 1521 and the IAFF/IAFC CPAT.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks firemanjb...that helps, but I'm also looking for more specifics from departments...

Thread Information