Thread: 5-5-5-5

HNFC FF/President

Default 5-5-5-5

This just isn't a 9/11 question, this is an all around question.

The signal 5-5-5-5 means that a firefighter has returned home, he has made the ultimate sacrifice. If there is an LODD in your county, does your dispatch center transmit the 5-5-5-5?

After the July 4th, 2002 Gloucester City, NJ fire that killed 3 sisters and 3 Firefighters:

Mt. Ephraim Station 4-5: Fire Chief James Sylvester
    Deputy Fire Chief/CFM 6 John West

Gloucester City Station 5-1: Firefighter Thomas Stewart III;

County Communications transmitted the 5-5-5-5 and stated when the services were. Just inquiring.
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

MembersZone Subscriber

We very recently had our company President pass away. The county dispatched our tones and gave the death notice and the times of the services. If I remember correctly, when Jim Heenan was killed in the line of duty in 2001, the same was also done.
    Rob
    Captain
    Logan Township Fire Dept.
    Gloucester County, NJ

Standard Disclaimer: These are my opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of my department.

We do; one of the important members of the bereau of fire at the 9-1-1 headquarters passed on a couple of days ago and they did.
    IACOJ

Forum Member

We dont not transmit a special signal ,but when a FF dies here we do "set the tones" for the last alarm.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

I heard dispatch do a 5-5-5-5 two weeks ago. It was for a station in our county and they said "Station -- is saddened to announce the death of ----- on *date*, he was ** years old."

They did'nt tone us, they just put it through the County/Open channel.. its very sad to hear a 5-5-5-5

I would imagine we do but am not sure...we havent have a member or former member pass away since I have been in and hope to keep it that way for a while. There was a lady that was a member of my dad's dept that passed away about a year ago and the notified everyone on the alpha numeric pagers, the did the same when the shuttle exploded. I dont know if they did it on 9/11/01 cuz iI wasnt with him when it happened, I was at school.
    LADIES LOVE ME.
    FLAMES FEAR ME.

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS FLAG, IF THAT BOTHERS YOU WELL THATS TOO BAD!" AARON TIPPIN

If you wish to burn our flag please remember to wrap yourself in it first!!!

ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY AND ALL OF MY YANKEE COMMENTS ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

Sr. Information Officer

The police desk that dispatches my municipal department...wouldn't know a 5-5-5-5 if it smacked 'em in the butt. It's tough enough to get them to do a proper test each evening.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Thread Information