Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where was I

Default Where was I

I had just come off shift, came home and went to bed. We had been up all night running the ambulance around town. My wife had went to work and called me just after the first plane hit. At first I was grouchy because I was being woke up by the stupid phone. She told me "you gotta turn on the TV", I asked her why? She told me "don't ask just turn on the darn TV!!" very forcefully. I turned it on and I could not believe what I was seeing. Of course after that, sleep was the last thing on my mind. I stayed glued to that TV for the rest of the day. When they spoke of how many of our brothers were in there when number two came down, I could not help but to shed some tears.
    My heart goes out to the familes of all who lost loved ones on 9/11/01. You are all never forgotten. Stay safe, work safe!!

MPO/Engineer Glen Hennig
    Town of Beloit Fire
    Beloit, WI

MembersZone Subscriber

Ironicaly I was at the Samoset Resort in Rockport, Maine
    we were doing a MASSCAS drill with the Coast Guard.
    The senerio was a cruise ship taken over by terrorists.

Unhappy Where I Was

Second period scripture class (catholic school).An announcement came over the PA system that an attack had just been carried out on the World Trade Towers. We then immediately proceeded to our 3rd period class and were catching a glimpse of what our brothers were up against on a teachers laptop computer, not knowing that we were about to catch the second plane crashing. It was a sad day and i know i will never forget. 343 angels were added to Heaven's FD that day. WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
    "Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for hs brothers".

Firefighter of the Future

"There's no use sending a FF to hell, he'd just try to put it out"

"We're the one's walking in when everyone else is running out"

i was in english class when our principal made an announcement on the PA stating that a plane had flown into the WTC. he told us they suspected terrorists attacked us. he then told us to turn on all the tvs in the classrooms. we watched as the 2nd plane hit. we watched CNN for the next 3 days to hear developements in the story.
    Jaime
    No longer an explorer-
    Currently Keene State College Class of 2008
    KEENE STATE RUGBY #5!!!
    I shed blood for my ruggers.
    <forever ruggers, forever sisters>
    www.kscwrfc.org

All gave some, some gave all. Gone but not forgotten. 9/11/01

I had to get up early to take care of my parents' pets (they were in Australia and New Zealand on a trip). I turned on the TV and ABC had the "Plane has struck the WTC" banner flying. I woke up quickly. I was watching when the second plane struck. I lived by St. Louis Lambert International Airport at the time and it was so quiet with the plane ban. My parents were stuck for a few extra days of vacation.
    Why do I *always* have to be the calm one?
    Note to self: first spell check then post.

Thread Information