MembersZone Subscriber

Default Incident Management Team

Is anyone aware of an agency that has anything similar to an "Incident Management Team"? I'm talking about a team that can come into a major incident and establish all the things from ICS 300 that most depts. would never deal with (staging areas, paperwork, logistics, planning, finance, etc)? I'm not talking about taking over the command structure, I'm talking about the administrative work.

Thanks

Forum Member

Never heard of it but would be interested in learning more
    NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
    IAEP Local 152
    "You stopped being in charge when I showed up"

Forum Member

Our county has formed a Incident Command System that can be utilized by any department at any given time. If a incident becomes to big for one department to handle (generally brush fires), that department can call in a "short" or "long" team. The teams are used to "support" the command staff already in place. It works well for us.

Short team: 2 Div. Sups. 1 Plans. Chf. 2 Safety Off.
    2 PIOs 1 Staging Off. 1 Com. Bus w/ dispatcher
    1 Arson T/F member

Long team: 1 Ops. Chf. 4 Div. Sups. 1 Logistics Chf.
    2 Staging Off 1 Plans. Chf. 2 PIOs
    2 Safety Off 1 Law Enf. Liaison
    1 EMS Liaison 1 Com. Bus w/ dispatcher
    1 Area Cmdr to EOC
    2 Arson T/F members

CaptD

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Incident Management Team

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    Is anyone aware of an agency that has anything similar to an "Incident Management Team"?
    I don't know if you are looking for private companies, because we don't use/need them out here, but for example; here in BC we have the Provincial Emergency Program (PEP).

PEP is often the second or third call on any interagency emergency response (primarily because they will foot the bill for the entire call ), and they are responsible for everything from providing specialized teams or task forces, right up to the local EOC, or Provincial EOC (PREOC) if req'd.

PEP's membership is made up of specialized teams and individuals from all over the province who volunteer thier time to respond to these incidents. The most notable PEP responses are the wildfires that are burning right now. PEP is responsible for bringing most of those agencies together, but they can respond to any request from Flood, to Hazmat, to a simple request for manpower.

They have a website if anyone is interested.

Provincial Emergency Program
    Last edited by mcaldwell; 09-13-2003 at 06:38 PM.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up George??

Doesn't FEMA have these capabilities? I thought (there I go Thinking again, gotta watch that!) that they had put together a system to handle these areas, based on the Wildland Incident Management Teams used in the Western US. Stay Safe....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: George??

Originally posted by hwoods
    Doesn't FEMA have these capabilities? I thought (there I go Thinking again, gotta watch that!) that they had put together a system to handle these areas, based on the Wildland Incident Management Teams used in the Western US. Stay Safe....
    Yes, they do. Thank you. I got exactly what I was looking for.

Sr. Information Officer

George, if you check the National Interagency website, you will find the information you are seeking.

There are seventeen “Type I” teams in the nation, located in a variety of geographic areas around the United States. All the teams are on a national rotation schedule, as well as being rotated within their own geographic areas. As an example, after the September 11th disaster, there were two national Type I teams assigned to the World Trade Center and one team assigned to the Pentagon. These teams are designated for “all risk”, but are mainly used during the summer months on wildland fires.

Generally, a Type I team consists of approximately 35 members, incorporating Command and General staff. The “Command” staff includes the Incident Commander, Deputy Incident Commander, Information Officers, and Safety Officers. The “General” staff consists of Operations, Plans, Logistics, and Finance personnel. Under these functions there are various unit leader positions operating within the Incident Command System.

Go to http://www.nifc.gov/news/nmac/ for the National Multi-Agency Coordinating Group info, or visit one of the Type 1 Incident Management teams websites which can be found at:

http://www.nifc.gov/news/gaccs_map.html

Click on a geographic area to access the Incident Management Team info.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

In our area we have what is known as the Southwest Ohio Incident Management Assistance Team. Seldom used, but there for the asking nevertheless. George, if you're interested in knowing more details, email me and I will forward contacts.

Thread Information