MembersZone Subscriber

Default FDNY Squad 61//New Seagrave Plant ?

I have heard that Seagrave is planning a new facility in Clintonville across from their current plant. I was wondering if anyone has heard any thing simular? Thanks

P.S. Seagrave emplyoees recently donated another engine to FDNY it should go into service in October as squad 61!!!!
    Last edited by nrz2334; 11-05-2003 at 09:20 PM.
    nrz2334
    Just my view

I would rather push my Seagrave than drive your Pierce!!

TNT Rescue The Best!!!!!!!

Forum Member

NRz ............can only corroberate the second part .....yes they did ! it will be delivered soon !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

Here are two pictures of the donation ceremony of Squad 61 and a link to the story posted on Seagraves Website

Here is the link
    http://www.seagrave.com/About_Us/News/Press?102903.html
    nrz2334
    Just my view

MembersZone Subscriber

drk
    I heard that at a Dealers Meeting in Dallas at IFC. Jim Hebe said quility will not be a back seat to price. In the October issue of Fire Apparatus Magazine. He talks about introducing alot of new products at FIDC in April. The article it also states, If the Seagrave name is going to be on a brush truck than it will be topshelf in quality and durability. It also states Seagrave will be going after some big city accounts that the have lost in the past like Detroit,Chicago,San Fransico,Baltamore,Philadelphia,and Boston

Just some thoughts
    nrz2334
    Just my view

I don't wanna rock the boat -- I like both Pierce and Seagrave. Both are quality apparatus builders.

But--

What is up with the FDNY??

I hear that they just placed 2 Ferarra Pumpers in service- with Engine 54 and Engine 258. They are high pressure pumpers - so they differ a little from the standard FDNY pumper....

But isn't that an encroachment on Seagrave's hold on the FDNY market - say it ain't so.....
    Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

Member - IACOJ
    "Got Crust?"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

MembersZone Subscriber

FDNY also bought an American Lafrance pumper. I forgot which engine it is but its on the ALF website under the new deliveries.
    After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

Official Minister of Philosophy of the IACOJ

IACOJ Probie Crusty of the year 2003

MembersZone Subscriber

Engine Co. 283 in Brooklyn had a FFA at one point, unsure if they still have it. The ALF Eagle was assigned to Engine Co. 34 in Manhattan at one point, unsure if they still have it. The two (2) additional FFA pumpers is not a surprise. They have been known to have been ordered months ago. There is one (1) more coming for a total of three (3) of them. In the grand scheme of things, there are a few "non-traditional" FDNY apparatus post 9-11. Ladder Co. 105 has, or had, an Aerialscope on a Spartan chassis for instance plus the S.O.C. apparatus. The 2nd piece for Haz Mat Co. 01 is a Pierce on a Kenworth chassis. The spare rescue rig is an American La France on a Freightliner chassis. The 2nd piece of Squad Co. 01, the TRV, is an E-One on a Freightliner chassis and another E-One on a Freightliner is also assigned to S.O.C. The Engines and Trucks will continue to be Seagrave I bet. They have held up well for FDNY. As such there is no real reason to change. Just some thoughts.

Stay low and move it in.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

The American LaFrance was built as a 'demonstrator' for the FDNY - American LaFrance was trying to nudge their way back into supplying apparatus for the FDNY -- It was built to the current spec that Seagrave builds apparatus to, albeit with an ALF cab.

In the wake of 9/11 - FDNY needed apparatus - because the truck was already built, and to the same spec as the Seagrave's already in service - it could be given to a company with little/no training at all.

Many of the non-standard apparatus were donated in the wake of 9/11.

The ALF that was in service with Engine 34 - was re-assigned to an Engine Co. in Brooklyn.

Engine 283 has a Ferrara Inferno.

Trying to remember where other vehicles have been placed....
    Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

Member - IACOJ
    "Got Crust?"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

Default Who will foot the bill?

You have to hand it to Mr. Jim Hebe. He certainly knows how to motivate people and throw a sales pitch. But... can he deliver?

FACT - He had the vast resources of Daimler-Chrysler and Freightliner and could not bring American LaFrance back from the coma it has been in since they shut the plant down in Elmira.

FACT - LaFrance is still deep in the red, quality is very questionable, dealer organization is foundering, and they cannot make short notice deliveries.

Now, you have a group of new Seagrave LLC investors who will be watching the pennies with more interest.

The real deal here will be if Seagrave can hold onto what it has and if it can gain any marketshare. Personnaly - it all sounds too risky to me. The only guy to come out of the Freightliner-LaFrance deal with any money was Jim Hebe! I would go with a more secure and established name who is setting the pace in the business.

Thread Information