Thread: Eating Crow

Forum Member

Default Eating Crow

I am man enough to admit when I am wrong . I had my big mouth (make that fingers)working overtime extoling the virtues of Chicago White Sox baseball.... That was a BIG mistake.... I was really looking forward to the last week going down to the wire..But alas, It aint happenin'... I deserve any and all ridicule from both Twin (God I hate the Twins) and Yankee (who I dont hate, just intensely dislike) fans. Its going to be another long winter.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Mikey will this cheer you up?

There was a rumour going around Calgary last week that Sutter wants Theo Fleury to come back why the HECK would they get rid of Chris Drrrrrury at the end of last season (drkblram are you reading this and laughing?) and then at the beginning of this season try to get Fleury? Doesn't make sense!!!! Sure let's take a chance Fleury won't fall to temptation in his fight against his demons.

*whispers HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY*
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Default Re: Theo

.... Maybe liquor sales need a boost in Calgary..

Forum Member

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO HOCKEY ....... it's hockey season !!!!!! I'm gonna be playing with the neighboring FD team ....... or is that for ....... whatever I'M GONNA PLAY this season YIPPEE !!!!!!!!

Anyone wanna don a pleated skirt and bobbysocks, and shake some pom poms around????? I'm taking applications for cheerleader positions ROFLMFAOOOOOOOO
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

MIKEY:
    As a Cub fan for the last 40 years, I can say this with some conviction:
    WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

Mikey,

Could be worse.

Be elated that you don't have the Tigers (Tiggers) for a baseball team.

Be joyful you don't have the Lions (Pussycats) for football.

Great thing is HOCKEY'S back.
    Last edited by FireLt1951; 09-21-2003 at 07:37 PM.

Forum Member

It is ok............cause as the LT says........HOCKEY is back
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

Not for nothin', but Fluery's problems are a lot deeper than the bottle. He is a complete, total, head case. You can have him.

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

MIKEY, I feel for you, brother. I was going to email you, and harrass you, but I thought, no that would not be right.

Much better to do it here, in the forums!!!

WHEEE!!!!! Cubbies are still in the thick of it!! Somewhere, Harry Carey is smiling!!!

Come on board, buddy! We welcome all band-wagon hoppers!!!

Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Look at the bright side Mikey, you have a chance of knocking the "Greatest Sports Franchise" in history down from the top spot in all of MLB for season W/L record.

Who knows, you could even take away their home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Please don't "intensely dislike" us Yankee fans. We're really a nice bunch. We don't even RIOT after winning a championship!

Awaiting the Battery reference

Forum Member

I really don't dislike Yankee fans. We White Sox fans are just bitter, broken down...well you know the rest of it. Lt1951... Your Tigers had the White Sox's number all year. They played the Yanks ok, but couldnt "seal the deal" I would rather watch ladies soccer then the CUBS..(see we Sox fans are living in our own narrow-minded world)... I was really looking forward to the Yankee series,I thought there would be something on the line(for the Sox that is)... I am tired of "waiting for next year".... The whole "morons running onto the field" has me and my buddies questioning our original pride in being southsiders.... One of the biggest sports "riots" you never heard about was when the Bulls won the last time... I dont know if anybody got paid off to keep the press out of it, but it was some REAL hardcore violence. Maybe the Twins and Cubs could go to the World Series, so I could REALLY have hateful thoughts..

IACOJ BOD

Mikey
    Its ok Brother,

Canterbury still hold the Ranfurly Shield, and the NPC. And the All Blacks will take the World Championship out next month.

Oh, and when there is a World Championship for Rugby, we even invite other countries to play.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Kiwi, Is Australian Rules Football that game where rugby players watch and say "Those guys are crazy!".

IACOJ BOD

We have never figured out why they call it "Australian RULES" George, it appears like there are none.

"Arial Ping Pong with an odd shaped ball" would be a more appropriate name.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Forum Member

Brother Kiwi... I love you man!

Forum Member

Mikey,

The Tiggers, uh I mean Tigers are going into the history books this year. To bad it has to be for the worst win/lose record in the history of Baseball.

MINNEAPOLIS -- Hold on, folks, only a week to go. Plenty of time for history to be made, however.

The question has been whether the Tigers will break the modern record of 120 losses. Now it should be by how much they'll flat-out shatter it.

With a 6-4 loss to the Minnesota Twins on Sunday, their ninth consecutive defeat and the 15th in their last 16 games, the Tigers tied the American League record for losses.

They and the 1916 Philadelphia A's are the only American League teams ever to lose 117 games. If it's any consolation to Alan Trammell, Connie Mack continued to manage that team for another 34 years.

Then again, Mack owned the team. That's one way of guaranteeing job security. Look at Mike Ilitch, nobody can fire him -- despite this mess.

In any case, yes, the Tigers lost again -- for the 23rd time in their last 24 games against the Twins. Lists like that have become a cottage industry, though. For instance, the Tigers also have lost 27 consecutive games when the attendance is at least 30,000.

They really are a remarkable team. They simply keep losing. And now with seven games remaining, they are only three defeats away from tying the 1962 Mets.

Tragic number

The Tigers must win five of their final seven games to avoid matching the 1962 Mets' 120 losses. Here's how the 2003 Tigers compare after 155 games.

1962 Mets: 38-116-1

2003 Tigers: 38-117
    Last edited by FireLt1951; 09-22-2003 at 05:11 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy

Hey Lt,
    For a guy from Michigan you sure are hard on our home teams, hell I remember when the Tigers won the World Series. I was 9 years old, I'm only 45 now, wasn't that long ago! What do you want, a record is a record!!
    Vintage Firefighter:
    "The older I get the braver I was!"

Thread Information