Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Question MPSCS Digital 800 Radio System

I'm interested to hear if your fire department uses the state's digital 800 radio system and what experiences you've had with it.

http://www.mpscs.com/index.html
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

MembersZone Subscriber

Don't know if you read the Monroe paper or not but it sounds like we are going to go that way. I am also trying to find out more info. Take a look at the posts on the Nextels and interferance. Interesting!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes, it was in the Toledo paper too. That's why I posted. This time next year we may have a whole lot of trouble communicating with you guys up there...
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Thumbs down 800 radios

ahh yes the lovely 800's. They are the the worst, reception sucks and you have to keep you old radio incase you don't hear dispatch! They are horrible. They dont work in the hospital or any big building either

MembersZone Subscriber

Is Ludington on the state system or do they have there own

Default 800's

Ludington is on the state system!

MembersZone Subscriber

A major problem I have with these digital systems is the vendors/manufacturers won't guarantee 100% coverage with portables. This one doesn't even guarantee 100% coverage with mobiles!

MPSCS guarantees 97% all-weather mobile radio coverage. While there is no guarantee of portable coverage, it has been found that the level of portable coverage usually surpasses that experienced with conventional analog systems. MPSCS personnel will work with any agency to assess coverage needs and achieve specific requirements.
    When we have an emergency, what kind of radio do you think we'll be screaming "Mayday" into?
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Thread Information