Thread: Brothers

City of Cortland, New York, Cortland County

Default Brothers

Hello my Brother and sisters,

I have returned here after a few months absense. I'am in my new fire dept. Which is combo career/volunteer. Things are going very slow for the process of getting me in a role I can handle. Which brings me to a question maybe some of the older guys could help me with. Now I am not a Jr. however, this is the form I know the best and am closer to in age. So let me give it a shot.

Now I have discussed my medical situation before, for advice from you guys. I successfully passed my dept pshyical with the suggested level of "exterior" by the dept appointed doc. However, I am not allowed to do anything until the chief has a convo w/ my doctor about my medical history and condition and such. However the doc dosent want to talk to my chief. So I feel stuck. I've tried to resolve this and its not going anywhere. Got any ideas?

I'm not in a hurry to get back out there, but heck I still would like to be able to respond and do what I can.

Thanks bros/sis's

Jeremy

City of Cortland Fire Dept
    Volunteer Firefighter
    Cortland NY

I say that you tell it like it is. Just say "Hey doc, I need you to do this so that I can get back out there and do what I like. It would mean alot to me if you would this." and see where it goes from there. any other suggestions?
    Cadet Fire & Rescue Deputy Chief 31
    Monessen Volunteer Fire Department #1
    Westmoreland County Station 81-1

"Going far beyond the call of duty, doing more than others expect, this is what excellence is all about. And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means doing your best every day, in everything."

Just specifically ask him to do that for you. As MVFD said.

Hope it works...

Sorry for the unoriginal answer, its just a really good one!
    Last edited by MFDExplorer51; 09-29-2003 at 07:01 PM.
    IACOJ

Thread Information