Fire guts Callaway home
By Anthony Cormier News Herald Writer 747-5089 / firstname.lastname@example.org
CALLAWAY Gina Courture went to a tanning salon Saturday afternoon and returned to find firetrucks lining her block. She didnít think anything of it until she saw firefighters on her roof, and a neighbor holding her dogs down the street.
"I have no idea what happened," the 23-year-old said Saturday, between phone calls outside her Pridgen Street home. "I left and came back Ö and all this was here."
Several engines responded to the blaze at 6526 Pridgen St., where authorities believe a fire started in the kitchen before quickly spreading to the walls and attic. Callaway Fire Department Assistant Chief Chuck Griffith said the fire didnít look suspicious.
"At this time we donít think it is," Griffith said. "Apparently the fire started in the kitchen, went up the walls and into the attic. It caused quite a bit of damage."
Griffith said an early estimate placed the damage between $25,000 and $30,000.
The fire may have started on the stove, he said, before spreading to the rest of the residence.
Neighbor Thomas Neal said he saw the blaze around 4:30 p.m. "I just came outside and saw the smoke coming out all over the place," he said.
Courture said she and her fiancť, who was out of town, live at the home.
It belongs to a friend in the military who is deployed, she said. I donít know what to do," she said. "I just came back from the tanning place and saw all this."
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Callaway Fla--Fire Guts Home
09-28-2003, 02:41 PM #1
Callaway Fla--Fire Guts Home09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
"Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)