Thread: gear

Talking gear

im 14 and i joined the jrrff program they gave me full turnout gear and everything it is so cool fireifghitng is my life

what kinda eqipment do you guys get includeing gear

Default Re: Gear

I have GLOBE. Just take a breath and relax there a minute.
    Cadet Fire & Rescue Deputy Chief 31
    Monessen Volunteer Fire Department #1
    Westmoreland County Station 81-1

"Going far beyond the call of duty, doing more than others expect, this is what excellence is all about. And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means doing your best every day, in everything."

Forum Member
    Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

Smile Just chill man... you can relax

Welcome, now take a deep breath and relax... Breathe in, and out!

We get Janesville and Bullard helmets, I've got a leather though, paid $175 for it.
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

we are outfitted with standard turnout gear and carins helmets. if we would like extra tools to carry with us in our gear, we have to pay fot that by ourselves.

Forum Member

Ahhh yes I was once idealic like you. That is till a insecure union sets you up and kick you cause of "hersay" cause they are afraid of teenagers and then another town wont let you join thier post cause they are to lazy and to upity to change there charter. Yeah explorering is nice and you can learn alot,but watch your back.

Welcome to the world of Exploration, and this Forum.

For gear we are issued Janesville/Lion and Lion Helmets.

As for other stuff we are issued uniforms, fire dept. plates for our vehicles.

As far as pagers and personalized shirts and stuff, we have had to procure such things with of course, money.

One tip: calm down when posting and check your spelling and stuff. I do not have a problem with it, but people on this board get irritated vary easily.
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Talking Be yourself...

Hey All,

Lay off Rocker4443's Back... I know he's all gung-ho about the world of Firefighting/EMS, but he's young. Give him a break. Rocker4443, your hyped and that's totally cool. Finally, someone I can relate too... Anyway...There's my .02 on this issue.

Nice to meet you Rocker4443.
    Last edited by brubaker; 10-01-2003 at 10:49 PM.
    Bruce Baker

Medic Student, EMT-I, EMT-I instructor, Haz-Mat FRO

Fraternal Order Of Paramedics Society Member

R.I.P. 343, 9/11/01, God Bless America.
    "ALWAYS REMEMBER, NEVER FORGET!"

Post I wont lie

I wont lie to you that was the attitude I came into the Fire service with 2 yrs ago. But they told me that there is alot of other things to do in the world besides firefighting. Allow me to express my opinion. Rocker Firefighting should NOT be your life at this point. SCHOOL should. If you go to school and get a good education then you have the best shot at being one of the best Firefighter's/EMT's or whatever. Thats my 2 cents on the issue. Thank you.
    Cadet Fire & Rescue Deputy Chief 31
    Monessen Volunteer Fire Department #1
    Westmoreland County Station 81-1

"Going far beyond the call of duty, doing more than others expect, this is what excellence is all about. And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means doing your best every day, in everything."

MembersZone Subscriber

I've been in the company for three years, when I first joined I got a set of globe yeallow nomex gear that was older than I was, and a Cairns 660C Metro salad bowl helmet. I got the Metro replaced with a yellow Bullard CX traditional style plastic. This past July I was (FINALLY!) issued my Cairns N6A Houstan, in the natural color. Within the past week I got a complete new set of FireDex PBI tan gear with the FDNY style scotchlite trim. I'm still wearing my rubber Firewalkers, but I've got a brand new pair of leather Thorogoods on order. The company also issed me a Pelican SuperSabre light, but anything else I need to buy.
    Rob
    Captain
    Logan Township Fire Dept.
    Gloucester County, NJ

Standard Disclaimer: These are my opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of my department.

Forum Member

Talking Stay In School...

Hey Rocker...I agree with the Guys...Focus on SCHOOL, FAMILY and then FIREFIGHTING...I'm In College right now...getting my degrees in Emergency Medical Technology and Fire Technology...So as you see, SCHOOL is important. Stay In School. Get a degree (A least a 2 year degree.) Anyway...Have fun at whatever you do.

Good Luck, God Bless, Take Care and Stay Safe.
    Last edited by brubaker; 10-01-2003 at 10:51 PM.
    Bruce Baker

Medic Student, EMT-I, EMT-I instructor, Haz-Mat FRO

Fraternal Order Of Paramedics Society Member

R.I.P. 343, 9/11/01, God Bless America.
    "ALWAYS REMEMBER, NEVER FORGET!"

I also was all excited, and very anxious to go on my first call and be a firefighter, growing up and having the dream of being one watching my relatives do exactly as I wished left me very hyper about joining. I am in no way condeming your attitude on the subject. Just be yourself, and listen, be observant. Things get very very fun and lessons are gonna be learned now, congratulations brother.
    IACOJ

Exclamation

I will kepp school in mind. Im in a bind right now i was off from schoolf or a week with broncidis or how ever its spelled. i am getting a f in alot of classes but its not my fault the doctor wont let me go to school. so when the explorer guy gets my grades he is going to suspend me what could i do.

first in last out firefighting is my life

Default Gear

We have a full turn-out suit
    badge's
    Gear bag's

EVERYTHINGEVERYTHINGEVERYTHING EVERYTHING

Forum Member

Originally posted by rocker4443
    I will kepp school in mind. Im in a bind right now i was off from schoolf or a week with broncidis or how ever its spelled. i am getting a f in alot of classes but its not my fault the doctor wont let me go to school. so when the explorer guy gets my grades he is going to suspend me what could i do.
    Spell check?

Forum Member

All Members of Post 2028, that are off probation, Are issiued their own set of gear. It includs Bunker pants, Bunker coat, Boots, Helmet, Gloves, Nomex hood, and Safety Rope. we are also issiued a Dress Blue uniform shirt, T-shirts,and Polo shirts.
    Any Questions Moose20282@yahoo.com
    Moose (Post 2028 President/ Command Officer)

Forum Member

We are issued the standard PPE, or whatever we can find which is still safe to use. The explorer must provide their own uniform stuff (pants, shirt...). The exploer must buy patches from the department and return them when they leave. We have no badges, or radios.

GFDSlappyRob
    Firehouse.com Guest

Everyone in the post is issued brand new Morning Pride Black gear( same stuff as FDNY),blue salad bowl Bullard Metro helmet,full uniform uncluding tee shirts, and the officers of the post get pagers. as far as other stuff we are on our own.

Forum Member

Originally posted by rocker4443
    hmmm you know after school I like to run to my car and jump in it with all my friends and speed down to the firehouse with my 4-ways on and wave to a friendly cop.

Originally posted by MFDExplorer51
    One tip: calm down when posting and check your spelling and stuff. I do not have a problem with it, but people on this board get irritated vary easily.
    Originally posted by MVFD81
    Just take a breath and relax there a minute.
    If he wants to be excited when posting hell let him be I didnt know there was a special way we had to post now.But words of advice use spell check or something because its easier for all of us to understand when you post.
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Forum Member

And the answer to the original question...We are issued full PPE, and pagers, and a T-shirt.
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Thread Information