Thread: World Of Fire Report: 09-29-03
09-30-2003, 09:59 PM #1
World Of Fire Report: 09-29-03
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
National Paged Incidents
-compiled by Jamie Joyce
Monday, September 29, 2003
(Central Time Zone)
NUTLEY NJ (ESSEX): *2nd alarm* 237 Franklin Ave at Centre St. Fire in Blockbuster Video/H&R Block/Jewelry Store. Most fire knocked down. Co's are overhauling M/A still assisting. Franklin Ave subject to closure. EAN318/26/157/503 6:29 am
GALLOWAY TWP NJ (ATLANTIC): *2 officers shot/hostage job* Pomona Camp Grounds. 2 detectives were shot while investigating a report from an earlier bar dispute. Southstar flew at least 1 officer. Unknown condition of officers A/T/T. SPNJ "Teams" onscene. Southstar and Northstar helicopters are at Command Post for any additional victims if scene turns worse. EANSTAFF/503 10:02 am
U/D GALLOWAY TWP NJ (ATLANTIC): *2 officers shot/hostage job* Pomona Campground. 1 Galloway Twp Officer "Kenneth Buck" and Atlantic City Officer "Joseph McFadden" Officers were investigating a bar shooting from the night before at Kennedy's Bar. (The shooting last night claimed the life of 1 and another is critical). The Galloway Twp officer was treated and released. Unknown condition of other officer. EANSTAFF 10:57 am
FDNY SIGNAL 5-5-5-5 HAS BEEN TRANSMITTED: It is with deep regret that MNS announces the L.O.D.D. of Firefighter James J. O'Shea assigned to L-127 which occurred as a result of injuries sustained while operating at Queens Box 6545 transmitted at 16:51 hours on Saturday Sept 27, 2003 - Our prayers go out to his family and friends. May he rest in peace. MNS-2 12:34 pm
FDNY SIGNAL 5-5-5-5 has been trasmitted for 1st Grade Firefighter James J. O'Shea which occured while operating at Queens, NYC Box 6545 on 09/27/03 at 16:51hrs. Funeral details will be posted at a later date. EAN503/ [EAN]. 12:57p.m.
LA CITY FIRE CA: Greater alarm 1501 S. Manhattan Pl. 3-story apartment structure with 1 unit on 3rd floor with possible exposure. FIREPAGE LA-1 2:24 pm
INCIDENT COMMAND: PHOENIX, ARIZONA: Phoenix Fire Dept. 962A Officer involved 4000 N Central Av Units onscene of a serious 962A involving L9 who was enroute to a call. L9 is on its side with 4 firefighter's with minor injuries being transported to local hospitals.[ICP-AZ,245,444] 4:26 pm
ENGLEWOOD NJ (BERGEN): **3rd alarm** 78 Chestnut St. Fire in a large 2.5 story frame. 2nd floor fire through the roof. Companies beginning to make progress. Still DWH. EAN100 * EAN301 7:24 pm
***AMBER ALERT*** MOUNT LAUREL TWSP NJ (BURLINGTON): 4 year old Daniel Barney found safe in Vorhees Twp (Camden) unharmed. Suspect Lester Barney still at large. EAN100/301/503/3308/3305/9930/EAN26 8:43 pm
MOUNT LAUREL (BURLINGTON) NJ U/D: *Amber-Alert/homicide* Suspect Lester Barney is in custody ATT. The son 4 year old Daniel Barney was found earlier in Voorhees Twp (Camden Co) NJ. Unknown where father was apprehended. Suspect is accused of killing the mother of his child. EANSTAFF 3305 9:52 pm
*** FirePage Ohio® Report for September 29, 2003 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, portions of Western Pennsylvania and, Northern Kentucky. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail FPOinfo_@_firepageohio.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatch Coordinator Scott Berringer
Columbus Division of Fire: W/F North Garfield & East Long. 2 sty house with fire showing. Cos: Eng 8, 1, Lad 8, Res2cuE, Med 8, BN 1. RIC: Eng 9, Med 1, EMS 11, SO 2. Arson S/C'd. FPO/276/D260 ©
Cincinnati FD: W/F Box # 3823 @ 2512 Flanigan Ct. Cos: Eng 51, 20, Trk 20, 21, RAT 32, Res 38, Dist 3, 1. Eng 51 reports smoke showing from basement of 4 family apt bldg. FPO/D1002 ©
Cincinnati FD: W/F Box # 3823 @ 2512 Flanigan Ct. Boiler explosion, no fire. Can handle with Eng 51, Trk 20, Dist 3. FPO/D1002 ©
Youngstown FD: W/F Box # 3219 @ 1480 Shehy. Cos: Eng 6, 7, 12, Sqd 33, Lad 22, BN 1, 2. Eng 6 reports 2 sty house, smoke showing. FPO/D724 ©
Columbus Division of Fire: W/F 1170 Yeager St. Cos: Eng 14, 2, TL 2, Res2cuE, Med 2, BN 4. Heavy smoke in 3 sty house. FPO/D276 ©
Columbus Division of Fire: W/F 1170 Yeager St. Med 14, EMS 11 on the card. Crews opening walls & attic. Eng 3 on scene. Gas company S/C'd. FPO/D276 ©
Columbus Division of Fire: W/F 1170 Yeager St. Furnace fire in basement. Fire K/D. Holding Sta 2, Eng 14, BN 4. FPO/D276 ©
Columbus Division of Fire: W/F 3119 Easton Dr. Cos: Eng 22, 15, TL 22, Res2cuE, Med 22, BN 1. RIC: Eng 4, EMS 14, Med 14, SO 2. 1 sty vacant house. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus Division of Fire: W/F 3119 Easton Dr. BN 1 reports fire K/D. Holding all companies except the RIC. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus Division of Fire: MVA/PIN 152 Williams Rd. Car vs house with entrapment. Cos: Eng 14, Med 14, 22, Res2cuE, EMS 14, BN 4, SO 2. Gas company S/C'd on a rush. FPO/D260 ©
--- Pages Today: 10
--- Pages YTD: 2990
New York City Metro Area Fire Incidents
as dispatched over the Metro Notification System
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2003
ALL TIMES ARE EASTERN:
MANHATTAN: 7-5-1061, 2ND AVE X 75 ST, FIRE IN A 5 STY 20 X 40, FIRE IN THE BSMT, FIRE P/W/H. MNS-154
QUEENS: 7-5-1790 @ 82-10 51 AVE. FIRE IN A 1 STORY COMMERCIAL STRUCTURE, 20 x 35 PER BATT-39. MNS # 10
QUEENS: 7-5-1790 @ 82-10 51 AVE. FIRE IN A 1 STORY COMMERCIAL STRUCTURE, 20 x 45 PER BATT 39 FIRE EXTENDED TO ROOF VENT. PWH. MNS # 10
FDNY SIGNAL 5-5-5-5 HAS BEEN TRANSMITTED - IT IS WITH DEEP REGRET THAT MNS ANOUNCES THE L.O.D.D. OF FIREFIGHTER JAMES J. O'SHEA, ASSIGNED TO L-127, WHICH OCCURED AS A RESULT OF INJs SUSTAINED WHILE OPERATING AT QUEENS BOX 6545 TRANSMITTED @ 16:51 HOURs ON SATURDAY SEPT 27, 2003 - OUR PRAYERs GO OUT TO HIS FAMILY & FRIENDs. MAY HE REST IN PEACE * MNS-2
BROOKLYN: 7-5-274 300 MESEROLE ST LARGE RUBBISH FIRE STAIRWAY 3 STY 100 X 100 COMML FIRE IS PWH WITH ALL HANDS MNS-30
MANHATTAN: 7-5-373 6TH AVE X W.3RD ST, FIRE IN A 2 STY 25 X 75, EXT ENG & TRK S/C. MNS-154
MANHATTAN: 7-5-373 6TH AVE X W.3/4 ST, FIRE IN A 2 STY 25 X 75, 2 L/S/O. MNS-154
MNS PAGES REPORTS FOR METRO N. Y. STATE & VICINITY:
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2003
ALL TIMES ARE EASTERN:
SCARSDALE, N.Y. (WESTCHESTER) ARDSLEY RD OVER BRONX RIVER PKY A 11,000 GAL TANKER TRUCK INV IN ACCIDENT, WENT THROUGH THE GUARDRAIL & IS HANGING OVER THE ROADWAY & RR TRACKS. LEAKING FUEL FROM SADDLE TANKS M/A YONKERS 2-ENGS; 1-TK ; R-1 [MNS342]
NEW HYDE PARK, (NASSAU) W/F SIG 10: aof 8 KINGSTON ST x SPERRY CT / BRYANT AVE. HOUSE FIRE. M/A FLORAL PARK & GARDEN CITY PARK MNS*2 [MNS342]
ENGLEWOOD, N.J. (BERGEN) **3RD ALM** 78 CHESTNUT ST 2.5 STY FRM FIRE 2ND FL NFI MNS-516
(MNS) METRO NOTIFICATION SERVICE OF NEW YORK CITY
P.O. 790065, Flushing, NY 11379
Office: 718- 416-4030 Fax: 718-416-4125
Out of area: (888) 225-8866
Visit our Web-site: http://www.mnsny.com
We now have the ability to send our service (Especially accurate FDNY information) to your pager, cellphone or any Email address anywhere in the world. For Information, please contact us at the addresses above.
TAC-9 RADIO & PAGING INCIDENT REPORT:
(Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Maine, and Vermont).
Monday, September 29, 2003
(Eastern Time Zone)
MVA WINDSOR LOCKS CT ON BRADLEY AIRPORT RD PARALLEL TO RT75 NEAR ELM ST-A PEDESTRIAN TRAPPED UNDER A CAR-LIFE STAR ON SCENE-M/A FROM WINDSOR LOCKS ASSISTING BRADLEY FIRE *453.300/170.150/155.385 C106/C55 [TAC9-C09]. 9:47a.m.
MVA SANFORD ME COTTAGE ST by ROGERS SUPER DOLLAR STORE TRACKOR TRAILER vs TRUCK ENTRAPMENT S/C LADDER TO SCENE *453.175* C603 [TAC9-C88]. 9:47a.m.
MVA NEWBURY, NH RED HOUSE LANE & OLD PROVINCE ROAD DHART HELO REQUESTED L/Z IS THE NEWBURY TOWN HALL. *154.995* C642 [TAC9-C101]. 10:35a.m.
ACW WEST HARTFORD CT NEW PARK AVE AT COLT FIREARMS-SMALL FIRE IN THE MAIN BUILDING-1 LINE CHARGED CHECKING FOR ENTENSION *166.50* C106 [TAC9-C09]. 10:57a.m.
HAZMAT MERIDEN CT BOX 526 535 NORTH COLONY ROAD-A HIGH PRESSURE NATURAL GAS LINE BREAK IN THE ROAD-FD EVACUATING THE AREA OF MIXED COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL *154.130* C55 [TAC9-C09]. 11:42a.m.
MVA MANCHESTER, NH BEECH STREET & LAUREL STREET VEHICLE INTO A BUILDING WITH ENTRAPMENT S/C RESCUE 1 & ADDITIONAL ALS AMBULANCE. *800* C554/C642 [TAC9-C101]. 12:16p.m.
MVA VERNON CT ON HARTFORD TRPK (RTE 30) NEAR THE I-84 EXIT 65 OFF RAMP - EXTRICATION REQUIRED *33.44* [TAC9-C55]. 1:14p.m.
W/F ROXBURY CT ON RANNY HILL RD STRUCTURE FIRE M/A TANKERS FROM BRIDGEWATER TO THE FIRE *33.70* [TAC9-C55]. 3:36p.m.
ACW NORTH PROVIDENCE, RI ON VINCENT AVE A KITCHEN FIRE IN AN APARTMENT COMPLEX 1 LINE RUN *154.25* [TAC9-C16]. 4:53p.m.
ACW AUBURN NH 417 MANCHESTER RD CHIMMNEY FIRE POSSIBLE EXTENSION TO WALLS M/A COVERAGE *154.13* C101/C642 [TAC9-C134]. 6:15p.m.
U/D ACW AUBURN NH 417 MANCHESTER RD FIRE IN A 1.5 WDFR 20 X 40 FIRE CONTAINED TO CHIMMNEY WITH SLIGHT EXTENSION TO WALLS PWH C101/C642/C554 O/S [TAC9-C134]. 6:33p.m.
W/F LYNN, MA. 3 LANDER STREET-FIRE IN AN OCCUPIED DWELLING-M/A FOR COVERAGE. *154.415* C134/C520 [TAC9-C461]. 7:37p.m.
WF PROVIDENCE, RI BOX 5136 74 PEKIN ST FIRE IN A CELLAR OF A 3STY WDFM DWELLING S/C 1&1 *151.22* C57/C103/C319/C520 [TAC9-C16]. 8:06p.m.
MVA FALL RIVER, MA RTE-79 SOUTH @ BRIGHTMAN ST BRIDGE A ROLLOVER W/ EJECTION STATE POLICE REPORTING A 10-45 C1 (DOA) ON SCENE *453.375/482.3625/800* C319 [TAC9-C16]. 9:13p.m.
TAC-9 RADIO & PAGING
301 N. Main Street Suite #9
Randolph, MA 02368
Steve Hooke, President
E-mail to: email@example.com
Virginia Firenet (VFN)
VFN Paging covers incidents from the Tidewater and Richmond areas as well as through out the state of Virginia. Visit our Website at http://www.tac9.com and click on VFN PAGING or via E-mail to VFN@tac9.com
Monday, September 29, 2003
(Eastern Time Zone)
CHESAPEAKE, VA MVA W/TRAP I-664 S/B B/W PUGHESVILLE AND PORTSMOUTH BLVD. FIRST ARRIVING UNIT REQUESTED 2ND MEDIC AND CALLED A TRAP. NOW CLEARING SQ15. (VFN09). 7:28a.m.
LOUISA CO, VA (TREVILLIANS): W/F 7433 S. SPOTSWOOD TRL OFF OLD LOUISA RD. ENG-6 O/S UNK TYPE STUCTURE FULLY INVOLVED. M/A ENROUTE FROM ORANGE CO *155.805*  (VFN102). 8:00a.m.
NORFOLK, VA: MVA/MCI @ I-64 EASTBOUND @ VA BEACH BLVD OVERPASS. 5 BLS & 3 ALS PTS ATT. DUMP TRUCK INVOLVED.  (VFN05). 8:32a.m.
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA: MVA W/ TRAP ON SHORE DRIVE ON LESNER BRIDGE. REQ HELO TO SCENE ATT, NIGHTINGALE ENROUTE.  (VFN05). 8:35a.m.
VA BEACH VA 3100 BLK BISHOPSGATE CT SFR W/FIRE SHOWING IN A 2ST FRM. (VFN12). 12:56p.m.
UPDATE VA BEACH VA 3129 BISHOPSGATE CT FIRE U/C PRIMARYS NEG. CHECKING FOR EXT. FINAL (VFN12). 1:08p.m.
ARLINGTON VA WF PERSHING AND GLEBE ROAD E 101 OS REPORTS SMOKE SHOING FROM THE ROOF (VFN108). 6:25p.m.
UD ARLINGTON VA WF PERSHING AND GLEBE FIRE IN A RESTAURANT FIRE KD FINAL (VFN108). 6:36p.m.
(EAN) Emergency Action Network
Covering New Jersey, New York Metro area and
parts of Pennsylvania & Delaware.
Monday, September 29, 2003
(Eastern Time Zone)
TWP OF NUTLEY (ESSEX) NJ. *WORKING FIRE* FRANKLIN AVE AT THE BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO STORE. *153.980 179.9* EAN318. 2:22a.m.
TWP OF NUTLEY (ESSEX) NJ. *WORKING FIRE* FRANKLIN AVE & CENTER STREET AT THE BLOCK BUSTER VIDEO STORE. M/A TRUCK TO SCENE. *153.980 179.9* EAN26/9005/ EAN318. 2:26a.m.
U/D TWP OF NUTLEY (ESSEX) NJ. **2ND ALARM** FRANKLIN AVE & CENTER STREET AT THE BLOCK BUSTER VIDEO STORE. M/A TO SCENE & COVER. LADDER PIPE & EXTERIOR MASTER STREAMS IN OPERATION. *153.980 179.9* EAN26/9005/ EAN318. 3:16a.m.
MANHATTAN,NY *ALL HANDS* BOX 1061 @ 1429 2ND AVE. BATT ?? HAS FIRE IN THE BASEMENT OF A 5 STY 20 X 40 BRICK OMD. FIRE IS DWH. EAN90. 3:55a.m.
U/D MANHATTAN,NY *ALL HANDS* BOX 1061 @ 1429 2ND AVE. DIV 3 HAS RELEASED ALL SPECIAL UNITS. FIRE IS NOW U/C. EAN90. 4:00a.m.
U/D NUTLEY NJ (ESSEX CO) **2ND ALARM +* 237 FRANKLIN AVE @ CENTRE ST. FIRE IN BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO/H&R BLOCK & A JEWELRY STORE. MOST FIRE IS K/D CO'S ARE OVERHAULING. M/A STILL ASSISTING. FRANKLIN AVE SUBJECT TO CLOSURE. EAN26\9005\318\503 EAN157. 7:20a.m.
QUEENS **ALL HANDS** BOX 1790 S CONDUIT AVE AND 82ST FIRE IS IN A 1STY COMM'L BLDG EAN388. 10:07a.m.
NEWARK (ESSEX) **RADIO ALARM** 252 PARK ST FIRE IS IN THE WALLS OF A 1STY COMM'L BLDG EAN388. 12:17p.m.
FDNY SIGNAL 5-5-5-5 HAS BEEN TRANSMITTED FOR 1ST GRADE FIREFIGHTER JAMES J O'SHEA WHICH OCCURED WHLE OPERATING AT QUEENS BOX 6545 ON 09/27/03 AT 16:51 HRS. FUNERAL DETAILS WILL BE POSTED AT A LATER DATE. EAN503/ EAN90. 1:56p.m.
YONKERS NY, (WESTCHESTER) **BUILDING COLLAPSE** 190 MCLEAN BLVD, PARTIAL COLLAPSE OF A COMMERCIAL BUILDING UNDER CONSTRUCTION WITH WORKERS INJURED AND TRAPPED FROM POLICE ON SCENE. FD ENROUTE AS WELL AS COLLAPSE UNIT. EAN49 * EAN301. 2:30p.m.
FDNY LODD - QUEENS, NY FF James O'Shea Ladder 127 - heart attack suffered battling blaze. EAN623. 5:34p.m.
**AMBER ALERT** MOUNT LAUREL TWSP NJ, (BURLINGTON) DANIEL BARNEY, 4 Y.O. W/M, BROWN HAIR, BROWN EYES, LAST SEEN WEARING A RED SWEAT SUIT. LOOKING FOR LESTER BARNEY JR, 59 Y.O. W/M, FATHER OF THE CHILD. OPERATING A 1993 GRAY 4 DOOR MERCEDS BENZ NJ REG: LRH65T. EAN301. 7:44p.m.
ENGLEWOOD NJ (BERGEN) W/F 78 CHESTNUT ST, FIRE IN A PVT DWLG, M/A TO THE SCENE, DWH EAN100. 7:51p.m.
U/D **AMBER ALERT** MOUNT LAUREL TWSP NJ, (BURLINGTON) ON SOUTH ST. FATHER WAS INVOLVED IN A HOMICIDE WITH THE MOTHER OF THE CHILD AND FLED THE SCENE WITH THE CHILD. 1993 GRAY MERCEDES BENZE, NJ REG: LRH65T. EAN301. 8:00p.m.
ENGLEWOOD NJ, (BERGEN) **3RD ALARM** 78 CHESTNUT ST. FIRE IN A LARGE 2.5STY FRAME. 2ND FLOOR FIRE THROUGH THE ROOF. COMPANIES BEGINNING TO MAKE PROGRESS. STILL DWH. EAN100 * EAN301. 8:25p.m.
U/D ENGLEWOOD NJ, (BERGEN) **3RD ALARM** 78 CHESTNUT ST. MAIN BODY OF FIRE K/D. COMPANIES OVERHAULING. 5 DOGS REMOVED FROM THE HOME IN LIVING CONDITION. EAN685 * EAN301. 9:09p.m.
EAST ORANGE NJ, (ESSEX) **ALL HANDS** 232 SANFORD ST. FIRE IN AN UNK TYPE BLDG. DWH. EAN685 * EAN301. 9:40p.m.
U/D **AMBER ALERT** MOUNT LAUREL TWSP NJ, (BURLINGTON) CHILD HAS BEEN LOCATED IN VORHEES TWSP. SUSPECT IS STILL WANTED. EAN3305 * EAN301. 9:41p.m.
***AMBER ALERT* MOUNT LAUREL TWSP, NJ (BURLINGTON) U/D: 4 YR OLD DANIEL BARNEY FOUND SAFE IN VORHEES TWP (CAMDEN) UNHARMED. SUSPECT LESTER BARNEY STILL AT LARGE. EAN100/301/503/3308/3305/9930 EAN26. 9:41p.m.
CEDAR GROVE NJ (ESSEX) W/F 14 VILLAGE PK RD, FIRE IN A COMM'L BLDG, M/A FAST TEAM FROM VERONA TO SCENE EAN100. 9:48p.m.
U/D CEDAR GROVE NJ (ESSEX) W/F 14 VILLAGE PK RD. COMMAND RPTS FIRE IN A 1 STY COMM'L BLDG, FORCING ENTRY & GOING TO INTERIOR ATTACK, DWH EAN14/15/301/ EAN100. 9:52p.m.
U/D CEDAR GROVE NJ (ESSEX) 14 VILLAGE PK RD, MAIN BODY OF FIRE K/D, TRK OPENING ROOF, STILL HAVE HOT SPOTS & CHECKING FOR FURTHER EXTENSION, STILL HAVE A HVY SMK CONDITION, STILL DWH EAN14/15/301/ EAN100. 10:00p.m.
BROOKLYN,NY *ALL HANDS* BOX 274 @ 30 MESEROLE ST. BATT 35 HAD A LARGE RUBBISH FIRE IN THE STAIRWELL OF A 3 STY 100 X 100 COMMERCIAL BUILDING. FIRE IS U/C. EAN90. 10:17p.m.
U/D CEDAR GROVE NJ (ESSEX) W/F 14 VILLAGE PK RD. ALL VISIBLE FIRE K/D, CO'S OVERHAULING, FIRE IS PWH EAN14/15/301/ EAN100. 10:20p.m.
SECAUCUS NJ, (HUDSON) **WORKING FIRE** ON ROOSEVELT AVE OFF OF ROUTE 3. HEAVY FIRE IN AN UNK TYPE BLDG. EAN301. 10:52p.m.
MOUNT LAUREL (BURLINGTON) NJ U/D *AMBER-ALERT/ HOMICIDE* SUSPECT LESTER BARNEY IS IN CUSTODY ATT. THE SON 4YRO LESTER BARNEY WAS FOUND EARLIER IN VOORHEES TWP (CAMDEN CO) NJ. UNK WHERE FATHER WAS APPREHENDED. SUSPECT IS ACCUSED OF KILLING THE MOTHER OF HIS CHILD. EANSTAFF 3305 EAN3305. 10:53p.m.
"A division of TAC9 Paging"
Working Fires & greater, MVA's, EMS, PD, Haz-mat incidents in Greater Toronto, Ontario, Canada and Buffalo, NY.
Monday, September 29, 2003
(Eastern Time Zone)
TORONTO (CANADA) Report:
TORONTO 2ND ALARM, 58 WALWYN AV. DWELLING, 1ST FLR, POSS. EXT. TO ROOF, W3. TFN315. (tf) [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 12:42p.m.
UD, TORONTO, WALWYN AV., FIRE CONF. TO MAIN FLR, NOW K/D, PWH. 3LSO. TFN315. (tf) [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 1:04p.m.
UD, TORONTO, WALWYN AV. FIRE U/C, STARTING PPV, PRI. SEARCH (-). TFN315. (tf) [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 1:17p.m.
TORONTO, WF, 25 GREENBRAE CRCT. CAR FIRE IN U/G GARAGE, HVY SMOKE. E3. TFN315. (tf) [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 11:09p.m.
UD, TORONTO, GREENBRAE CRCT. LONG LAYS, DIFF. ACCESS, S/C 2 ADD'L PUMPS. TFN315. (tf) [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 11:11p.m.
UD, TORONTO, GREENBRAE CRCT. FIRE K/D, S/C HVY SQD. 232 TO ASSIST W/ VENTILATION. PWH. TFN315. (tf) [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 11:21p.m.
If interested in getting this info to your pager or wireless device please contact Toronto Firenet at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 416-560-9055.
APSN - Arizona Public Safety Network
At approx 1400 hrs monday September 29th Phoenix Fire Dept. Ladder Co.9 in their 2001 E-One Cyclone II 118ft Bronto Skylift (biggest in State of Ariz) was involved in a rollover accident at Central Ave & Indian School Rd near their station. All FF's suffered minor injuries and those that did not require any kind of hospital stay were sent home for the remainder of their shift. Initial unconfirmed reports are that the rig suffered a major mechanical failure possibly with the suspension.
STLFN - ST. LOUIS FIRENET -
Incidents from the St. Louis, MO Metro area.
-compiled by Jamie Joyce
Monday, September 29, 2003
(Central Time Zone)
STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working fire in a garage at 1455 East DeSoto. Pumper 20 reports a 1 car garage fully involved 1 line off. BC 806 has requested Amerenue to the scene. Pumpers 20 8 26 HL 2 and BC 806 /STL819 12:56 am
STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: U/D on STLFD's working still alarm for a garage fire at 1455 East DeSoto. BC 806 reports the fire is under control. /STL819 12:59 am
STLFN: WELLSTON MO (ST. LOUIS COUNTY): 1st alarm for a fire in a building in the area of Etzel and Skinker. Fire showing from a 2 story brick - 2 lines off. STLFD City and the County are on the scene working this fire. [STL810] 9:11 am
STLFN: WELLSTON, MO (ST. LOUIS COUNTY): Engines 3110 and 3010 have been special called to the building fire at Etzel and Skinker (STL 966) 10:06 am
STLFN: EAST ALTON, IL (MADISON CO.): East Alton FD on scene of a commercial structure fire at the "M & M Diner" on Berkshire Blvd. A/A responding from Wood River FD (STL 835) 12:13 pm
Incidents from KCFN - CIFN
(Illinois, Missouri & Kansas)
-compiled by Jamie Joyce
(Central Time Zone)
Sunday, September 28, 2003
BUCKNER, MO (JACKSON CO): Fort Osage FPD has a 1st alarm fire at 322 S Osage x Adams. Heavy smoke showing from an unknown type structure. Sni Valley FPD M/A with truck, Central Jackson Co FPD w/ chief/engine/ambulance. [KCFN-02] 12:09 am
U/D BUCKNER, MO (JACKSON CO): 1st alarm at 322 S Osage x Adams. Fire in an unknown type structure. Sni Valley recall to scene, and Independence C/Q with 2 engines. [KCFN-02] 12:26 am
BUCKNER, MO (JACKSON CO): *2nd alarm equivalent* at 322 S Osage x Adams. Independence now M/A to the scene. CJCFPD C/Q. [KCFN-02] 12:35 am
BUCKNER, MO (FORT OSAGE FPD): The 2nd alarm equivalent at 322 S Osage has been struck out b/o CHF3. State Fire Marshal enroute to scene. [KCFN-02] 1:08 am
KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire at 3700 Flora x 37th Street. 3 story frame fully involved, 2 lines off so far. Car106/102 P17 P19 R31 R11 T2 T7 Air1 [KCFN-02] 2:43 am
Monday, September 29, 2003
CIFN-MVA WITH EXTRICATION: SPRINGFIELD (SANGAMON) IL: MVA car vs Lightpole. 7th and Lawrence. Pole on top of car. Extrication for 2 patient's. 2 ambulances on location B1, E1, E6, Truck 1 assisting H/L CIFN*3/73 4:22 pm
FDNY LODD-1st Since 9/11 (The Secret list)
FDNY Firefighter James J. (Jimmy) O'Shea, 41, died Saturday evening from a heart attack after feeling ill while fighting a fire in Queens. Reports are that he refused medical attention at the scene and later went home... where he then asked for EMS... but sadly passed away soon after. O'Shea, who was assigned to Ladder Co. 127 in Queens, is survived by his wife and two children. A funeral was planned for Friday; details were pending. FF O'Shea's tragic passing is the first line of duty death since 9/11. We received numerous e-mails about Jimmy's passing... the following comment sums up how many people who wrote-felt about him...
"Jimmy was one of the most knowledgeable firefighters I have ever known... he will be sorely missed... what a loss for the job, his family and especially his kids..."
As always, we offer our deepest condolences to the family of FF Jimmy O'Shea.
NOTE: We further remind ourselves and TSL members--we have all been on scenes where one of "our own" wasn't feeling well... but decided to refuse help or see how they feel later, etc, etc... or we have even done that ourselves. If you think there is a problem--or know of one, no matter how minor--get that member to the hospital ASAP without excuse or delay. Don't give any member the chance to refuse--make it a direct order if you have to. Do it in the memory of FF Jimmy O'Shea.
We pass those thoughts on at the request of one TSL member who loved and will miss Firefighter Jimmy O'Shea deeply.
The Secret List 9-29-03 1900 Hrs.
FDNY LODD Notification
On Saturday, September 27, 2003, FDNY Fire Fighter James J. O'SHEA, 41 yoa, died in the Line-of-Duty.
Brother O'Shea has been at the scene of a fire on Saturday afternoon in Kew Gardens, Queens as part of Ladder 127. After the fire, he stated he didn't feel well, but refused medical attention. Upon arriving home, his family immediately rushed him to Brookhaven Hospital where he died. He appaered to have suffered a fatal heart attack.
James leaves behind Yetta, his wife and their two young sons.
The wake will be Wednesday and Thursday at the Grant Funeral Home in Brentwood, NY. The Funeral will take place on Friday at the Good Shepard Roman Catholic Church in Holbrook.
Brother O'Shea is the first FDNY member to die in the Line-of-Duty since 9-11-01.
God Bless, Stay Safe and Keep the Faith!
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
London Fire Brigade Daily Report
25 Sept 03
1105 H39 Surbiton 4 pump fire at 16 Shrewsbury Close, roof of 2nd flr apartment fully involved using 3 hosereels.
1721 A43 Kentish Town 6 PUMP FIRE, PERSONS REPORTED, HP REQUIRED at the Islington Council Cottages on Pemberton Gerdena, 1 & 2-sty church cottages 20m x 15m, heavy fire from the roof using 2 jets, 2 hosereels, HP Hydraulic Platform.
0127 E37 Peckham 8 PUMP FIRE on Leotine Close, 3rd & 4th flr apartments fully involved using 3 jets & 1 hosereel, 3 civilians rescued by TL Turntable Ladder from 3rd flr w/smoke inhalation, 20 civlians rescued over ground ladders from 2nd, 3rd & 4th flrs, 100 add'l civilians evacuated. (Sounds like a classic Boston or Chicago truck job!)
Runs for the day: 991
26 Sept 03
2241 E43 Beckhanham 4 pump fire, persons reported at 245 Croydon Rd, 3-sty shop & dwellings 6m x 10m, heavy fire 3rd flr using 1 jet, 1 hosereel, TIC, 1 civilian rescued w/smoke inhalation.
Runs for the day: 866
28 Sept 03
1905 E34 Dockhead Persons reported fire at Saint Owen House on Abbey St, fire in a 7th & 8th flr maisonette using 1 hosereel, 1 civilian rescued w/smoke inhalation
Runs for the day: 786
29 Sept 03
1254 A43 Kentish Town 4 pump fire, persons reported at 62 Camden Rd, 4-sty apartment 5m x 8m, basement fully invovled using 2 hosereels, TIC, 4 civilians rescued from all 3 upper floors with smoke inhalation.
Runs for the day: 911
Runs for the year: 230678
LOS ANGELES, CA:
GREATER ALARM STRUCTURE FIRE:
On Monday, September 29, 2002 at 1212 hours, nine companies of Firefighters, three Chief Officer Command Teams, one EMS Battalion Captain and four Rescue Ambulances under the direction of Battalion Commander Gary L. Clark responded to a greater alarm structure fire at 1501 South Manhattan Place in the West Adams area. First units on scene reported a 40’ x 120’ three-story apartment building with fire in one-unit on the second floor. Firefighters using handlines confined the fire to the unit of origin with some extension to the hallway and extinguished the fire in twenty-one minutes. A twenty-three year old female was transported to Midway Hospital in stable condition with second degree burns to her hands and a one-month old male was transported to Brotman Medical Center in stable condition with minor smoke inhalation. The cause of the fire is under investigation and the loss is estimated at $100,000. ($70,000 to structure and $30,000 to contents).
REPORT PREPARED BY :
Public Service Officer
Los Angeles Fire Department
200 North Main Street, Room OCD-E423
Los Angeles, CA 90012 USA
Fax: (213) 485-2708
LAFD E-Mail: email@example.com
LAFD Website: http://www.lafd.org
AUSTRALIA - Fire Update
Generally mild conditions assisted more than 600 firefighters to continue containment work on more than 75 fires in NSW.
No significant fire runs were experienced today, although winds did increase fire activity on the Mid North Coast. Weather conditions are expected to assist firefighters in coming days.
NORTHERN RIVERS - Kyogle, Copmanhurst
One new fire in McKellar Range is contained and escapes from containment lines on the Phillips Creek, Wild Cattle Grass have been contained but will require significant work.
All other fires are at patrol status.
Local RFS crews are working on the fires as well as assisting in Tenterfield.
· Clarks Fire (Larnook, Boorabee Rd), 467ha private land. Fire is contained and being patrolled by helicopter. Little current threat.Start 7.9.03 on private property.
· Swindlers Fire, Paddys Flat, 667ha of national park and is being patrolled. Started 13.9 on State Forest. Fire is contained and being patrolled by air.
· Ducat (Capeen), 337ha private and national park. Is being patrolled. Start 14.9 on private property.There is little fire activity. Fire was going out once it reached flat grass land areas.
· Mt Williams (Bonalbo), 161ha private land is being patrolled. Started 16.9 on private property.
· Palen Creek, 207ha is being patrolled. Started 15.9 in Border Ranges National Park. Fire is mostly surrounded by World Heritage listed rainforest. Low threat.
· Mt Lardner (Whiporie) - OUT 315ha of private and national park land. Start 12.9 on private property.
· Camira Complex (Clearfield) OUT. (Camira and Mt Neville Fires) 4448ha of private, national park and State Forest land. Start 10/9 on private property.Very low threat. .
MID NORTH COAST
A Section 44 `bushfire emergency' applies to the Hastings, Nambucca and Kempsey Districts.
Kerwong fire still going while the Gallway Fire and Beechwood Fire are contained on three sides with work earthworks and back burning being undertaken today.
The Tower and Cemetry fires are contained within natural containment lines but require more work to bring to full containment status with the forecast winds.·
Stumpy Creek which caused concerns in south Kempsey at the weekend experienced significant fire activity at midday, as did the Wallace Fire in Pappinburra, but waterbombing aircraft assisted ground crews to keep the fires within containment lines.
Victoria Valley has been brought under control by back burning a containment line to the river. It is now being patrolled.
Dozer lines being established on Starlings Road Fire (Collombatti State Forest) a remote area fire. Kundabung fire contained by natural features and requires more work, with Viewmont at patrol status.
Winstead Fire (Kempsey) - 70ha is being controlled. Start 26/09/03. Concerns about the fire traveling north into Maria State Forest and Maria National Park and private property.
Stumpy Ck - 197ha is being patrolled. Started 27/9 suspicious. 47 RFS, NSW Fire Brigades and State Forest firefighters.
Victoria Valley - 250ha is being patrolled. Start 27/09/03 .
· Viewmont Fire, Bollanolla Nature Reserve, 1046ha, is being patrolled.Start on private property. Small fires continue to burn internally.
Firefighters were able to make good progress with the 12 fires affecting the Hastings district as weather assisted containment work.
In particular, good progress was made on the Red Hill, Towers and McIvers Fires.
Crews were also able to jump on a fire that started in Port Macquarie, near the crematorium. No property is under threat and a bulldozer is grading containment lines in the area.
Weather conditions should assist in coming days.
· Red Hill, Telegraph Point , 670ha being controlled. Start 13.9 on private property. RFS crews are continuing to monitor and patrol the contained fire. *
· Jaspers Peak, Birdwood, 1239ha. Start 11.9.03 on private property is being patrolled. At this time the northwest flanks are being contained using natural lines. Monitor, patrol with helicopter and carry out property protection when and if required. No current threat to rural properties. Fire is in inaccessible area.*
· Gingers Fire, Ralfes Peak. 30ha national park. OUT. *
· Cemetery Fire, Comboyne, is at 300ha. Start 12.9 on private property. Is being controlled. Monitor and patrol. Fire is smouldering well within lines. *
· Gallway Fire, Birdwood, 1200ha is being going. Started 11.9 on private property. Fire has crossed Forkes Rd . Fire continuing to spread in an easterly and northerly direction through regrowth forest.*
· Albert Fire (Yarras), 250ha. Contained. Started 25/9. *
· Coopers Fire (Yarras), going 522ha. The fire is burning in inaccessible country. The property owner is establishing containment lines. The spread of this fire should be contained by utilising old hazard reduction burn and natural containment lines.*
· Tower Fire (Telegraph Point), 180ha, being controlled. Fire started on private property 24/9. Crews are working on containment lines. Potential but no current threat to rural properties along Gum Scrub Rd and Bailys Rd.*
· Saddle Trail - 950ha of national park land - fire is going. Started 23/09/03 . 20 NPWS firefighters, three machines and aircraft are working on the control lines. Control lines are Kumbatine Brook Rd- Side Cut trail- Stockyard trail- Main Rangetrail. Two dozers and tractor continue to prepare fallback lines. Crews will monitor the fire that is spreading south within containment lines. Back burning western and southern flanks will be undertaken when and if conditions allow. Spotover on western flank monitor by crews. Helicopter water bucketing to support ground crews till night fall last night.*
· Porter Fire, 135ha, is going. Start 26/09/03. *
· McIvers Ridge Fire Upsalls Creek State Forest, being controlled, 70ha. Start 26/09/03 on State Forest. *
· Beechwood West (Wauchope) 79ha. Fire is going. Start 26/09/03 on private property.*
- Telleragree Fire, Cooloongoolok 550ha. - Being controlled. Fire within containment lines. Crews blacking out.Crews working to contain fire east of Possum Pie Rd, north of he Coolongolook River west of the Pacific Hwy and south of 4wd trail running east. Fire started on private property 26/9*
. Lawlers Creek, going 20ha. Start 28/9.
· Wallis Island - 600ha. OUT. Fire started 24/9 .
· Ebsworth Rd Fire, 450ha, OUT. Start 22.9.03. Fire started on private property.
· Curreeki Ck Coolongolook, 10ha, OUT.
Massey Ck - 1385. OUT
Bullen Bullen 450ha, is being controlled. Fire is in inaccessible terrain. Fire is self extinguished in the open grazing lands due to lack of fuel.
The fire in the Mangrove Mountain area has been contained.
Central Mangrove - 750ha is contained. A Section 44 ``bushfire emergency'' was declared on Thursday, 25/9. Fire started 24.9.03. Backburn in D sector completed. All other sectors remain secure. Main fire, and backburns, still progressing slowly towards Ourimbah Ck to the south and west. 27 firefighters and four helicopters from RFS and NPWS continue to contain fire in the Ourimbah Creek valley, west of Tooheys Road in order to protect assets to the north, south and east of the fire area. A helicopter has been tasked to flying the Yarramalong Valley to identify any bush shack residences as a precaution should the fire jump containment lines along Forest Road and run into this area.
The fire burning at Crackneck 20ha has 34 RFS and NPWS firefighters working on it. The fire dropped over the edge of the escarpment to the cliff base bordering the sea.
The Horace Point fire (10ha)is considered virtually out. Crews are patrolling to ensure the fire remains within containment lines in order to protect properties in the Kangy Angy and Palmdale areas.
NORTHERN TABLELANDS - Tenterfield, Severn, Inverell
Fires of concern Sandy Creek (east of Tenterfield) , Hewetts Peak (east southeast of Glen Innes), McMinmus (crossed the Queensland border) and the Malara fires.
The Hewetts Peak fire (near Glenn Innes/Old Grafton Road) broke containment lines on Saturday under 90kph southwesterly wind gusts forcing the evacuation of some of the 80 residents from the multiple-occupancy community of Whytalaba.
Crews successfully defended 5 homes that were directly in the firepath. The fire was reported as spotting as much as 3kms forward of the main fire front and has now entered the Nymboida Shire.
Of the more than 30 fires that have affected the area for the past two weeks, 15 have been declared out.
Of the 13 fires currently affecting the area, seven are being patrolled, one is contained, two is being contained and three are going.
Ten continue to be patrolled. Containment work continues on four (Sandy Ck, The Oaks, Hewitts Peak and Oakwood Creek) while the McMinimus Fire is going
· Hewitts Peak (Henry River) east southeast of Glen Innes, 16820 ha being controlled. Private and State Forest land. Started 5.9 on Brothers State Forest. Fire destroyed five dwellings in the multiple-occupancy community of Whytalaba at the weekend. Crews continued to protect property in the area today. Control strategy is to utilise existing trails and drainage systems for containment lines. Construct new containment and fall back lines where necessary.
· Malara Fire, 545ha of private property and National Park, going. Start 25/09/2003.
· Sandy Creek (Bulldog Rock) east of Tenterfield, 936ha, private, NPWS, State Forest land. Is contained. Started 12.9. The fire is burning in rough terrain.* · · McMinimus (Wallangarra) 700ha, going. Fire started in Queensland. Burn progresses further through rough and inaccessible terrain - no immediate threat to assets of commercial value.*
· Oaks (Sandy Flat) southeast of Tenterfield, 6029ha, private and State Forest land is being controlled.
· Started 8/9 on private property.
Crews will link between Petries Hut and Billyrimbil fire trail by back burning off containment lines to the east.*
· Branch Gully (Paddys Flat) north northeast of Tenterfield, being patrolled, 894ha private land. Monitor and patrol all containment lines. State Forest crews are mopping up and patrolling to ensure the fire remains within containment lines.*
· Girrard, 1038ha of State Forest and private property is contained and being patrolled. Started 9.9 on State Forest. No active fire observed for some days. Brigades are patrolling. Air patrols.*
· Glen Elgin, 10ha private property. Fire was agressively mopped up yesterday by ground crews and is being patrolled today.
· Turkey Nest (Drake) 57ha start 22/9 State Forest, being patrolled. No current threat posed. Fire is being monitored by air.*
· Lighting T Fire 1ha, being patrolled, started 26/09/03 on State Forest.
· Sugarbag, 455ha. OUT. Started private property 10.9.
· Patemans, 280ha, is OUT. Start 10.9 on private property.
· Rivertree Fire (Paddys Flat) 294ha private property is being patrolled. No active fire observed but smoke well within perimeter. *
· Poverty Point (Malara Ck), 1558ha. Is OUT. Start 10.9 on private property.
· Tooloom, 70ha, State Forest land is OUT. Start 10.9 on State Forest land.
· Eagle Creek, 80ha, private property is OUT.
· Rough Hill, 130ha, private property is OUT.
· Emu Creek (northeast of Tenterfield), 174ha, private property is OUT
· Pretty Gully (northeast of Tenterfield), 5ha, is OUT. Start private property 13.9.
· Paddys Flat, 10ha, is OUT. Started 12.9 on private property.
· Tinderbox - 70ha, start 27/09/03 being controlled. Continue to monitor active fire edge. Establish containment lines and fallback positions, back burn when containment lines are established and conditions allow.
· Butterleaf Fire (northeast of Glen Innes), 1827ha, is being patrolled. Started 30.8. No active fire observed at perimeter for some days . Helicopter reconnaissance continues.
· Oakwood Creek (Henry River) east southeast of Glen Innes, 6875ha national park, State Forest and private property is OUT. Started 2.9 on private property.
· Kangawalla Fire (Shannon Vale) east southeast of Glen Innes, 586ha, is OUT.Started 14.9 on private property.
· Capoompeta (south of Tenterfield), 5696ha private, State Forest, national park land is OUT. Start private property 2.9.
· Bebo Fire (west northwest of Tenterfield), 601ha State Forest and private Started lightning strike in State Forest on 13.9. Is OUT.
A Section 44 `bushfire emergency' applies to the Cessnock and Maitland districts to enable firefighters to coordinate resources on fires in the area.
Although winds were difficult today temperatures remained mild and no severe fire runs were experienced. Containment has nearly been achieved on the Narone Ck and Watagan Ck fires and containment line work will contine on these and the other fires in the area this evening.
The declaration was made on Thursday, 25/9. The three uncontained fires in the Laguna, Wollombi and Bucketty areas are in steep rough terrain with limited access. The fires have joined to form one complex - 5km southeast of Laguna.
More than 100 firefighters are working in the area. A new fire broke out in the Watagan Ck Rd area, near the Laguna complex, on Friday. A task force of RFS units from Singleton and Fire Brigades units attended to assist local resources with another 24 firefighters.
There were concerns for rural properties on Watagan Ck Rd as the fire moved on a ridge behind houses.
· Laguna Complex 2750ha (Noulanas Arm Fire, Cullys Arm Fire, Narome Ck Fire, Watagan Ck Fire). 100 RFS and State Forests firefighters are working on containment lines with assistance from 6 helicopters.
Noulanans Arm Fire - 200ha. Over night the fire continued to burn slowly back towards the west and down into Blaxlands Arm. There are no identified assets under direct threat in the near future. Air Support have carried out some bucketing to quell fire activity during the day.
Cullys Arm Fire - 1700ha backburning operations went in well yesterday and crews overnight continued to deepen containment lines and actively mop up and monitor the line. A number of trees did fall and have been cleared from the trail. Current threat with the predicated winds remains the state forests assets to the east and isolated assets within the Will-O-Wind holdings. Crews are monitoring fire activity along the eastern boundary through sectors Bravo and Charlie. Aerial support is to confirm the status and fire activity along Alpha and Zulu sectors. McDonald Sector is to be monitored and extinguished as it approaches the trail as required.
Narone Creek Fire - 600hs Little fire active on the eastern boundary with the fire burning to the west, a number of rural assets may come under threat during the next 12-24 hours as the fire comes down off the ridge line. Firefighters sourced a western containment line along the ridge between Narone Creek and Milson's Arm back towards Wollombi village. Crews are extinguishing active edges where accessible. Crews will patrol and deepen control lines on the northern and southern flanks to ensure continued containment, extinguish any active fire which approaches the valley floor. The western flank is currently open with some dozer work required to put in place with a containment line and back burning operations under favourable conditions.
Watagan Creek Fire - 550ha Fire activity is low and is being patrolled by crews with only a number of smoking trees in the centre of the burnt area, no assets under threat. Patrolling and mopping up has continued throughout the day.
Hawkesbury strike team has been assisting.
A fire at Heaton Rd, Quorrobolong, southeast of Cessnock has been contained and is being patrolled. The fire started on 26/9 and is being treated as suspicious. Fire is contained to control lines. Crews have walked the western containment line and are actively blacking out any hot spots as needed.
NEW ENGLAND - Armidale, Guyra, Walcha & Uralla
Published - 29/09/2003
Containment work continued on the Kings Gap and Plum Tree fires while all others remain on patrol.
Kings Gap fire backburning planned to contain the fire on Thunderbolts Way.
The Plum Tree fire that crossed the Oxley highway is still burning in remote country.
All other fires of concern are still at monitor and patrol. Remote area fires in State Forest and NPWS lands are still classed as going with strategies in place to contain the fires in open country and on natural control lines.
· Tobins fire is being patrolled, 10ha. Started 26/09/03 suspiously. Crews patrolling to ensure fire contained to west of Tobins Rd.
· Plum Tree Hill Fire is being controlled at 347ha Enfield State Forest. Crews continue construction of containments to west and north using dozer on site and monitor fire where it has burnt into rainforest and previously burnt country to the west and south. Started 11/09/03 .
· Yarrowitch River, 110ha private property. Being patrolled. Start 22/09/2003.
· Rusdens Ck, 15ha NPWS land. Being patrolled. Start 22/09/2003.
· Burns Ck, patrol, 700ha. Very low threat to further State Forest, however - fire is uncontained on private holdings to south east of State Forest. Likely to burn further 250 ha private holdings. Unlikely to escape from natural containments of Burns Creek and Rowleys River. However if conditions are suitable for spotting, could enter private holdings east of Rowleys River over next few days. Started on private property 11/9.
· Hicks Fire, being patrolled at 1000ha of private, State Forest and NPWS. Very low threat of fire making further incursions into State Forest. Similarly low threat of further incursions into national park. Fire started on private property on 11/9.
· Double Dumps Fire, being controlled 740ha. Concerns for Enfield State Forest, Daisy Patch Flora Reserve and Cottan Bimbang National Park. Control strategies include Rowley's River and rainforest scrub to the east to contain. Fire contained by dozer trails and backburning on north, south and west flanks.
· Carrai Creek, being controlled, 610ha. Strategy is to contain fire to south of Warwick and Cochrane Rds and west of Smiths Ck. Backburns conducted from Warwick Rd in front of fire moving to east. Use tractor to push control line from Warwick Rd into rainforest along Smiths Ck. Fire crossed Warwick Road pm 26/09. Fire is burning in low fuels on western flank into Macleay River valley. Start on 11/9 on private property.
· Kings Gap, being controlled, 1200ha. Aim is to keep fire west of Thunderbolt Way. Start 12/9 by lightning.
FAR NORTH COAST- Mt Warning - Tweed Ballina Byron
Published - 29/09/2003
Fire near Mt Warning is being patrolled.
Mt Warning - 75ha of National Park and private property. Being patrolled. Earthworks continue to establish containment line at Mt Warning, access difficult and in steep terrain. Start 26/9 by lightning.
Objective is to monitor the fire advance and control as it burns into paddocks to south and east and Mt Warning Rd/ Korrumbyn Crk to north. To west there is reasonable rainforest containment . Closure of Mt Warning National Park as of 1400hrs 27/9/03 to restrict vehicle movements along the road for later fire operations.
Property protection issues between fire and containment lines of Korrumbyn Creek/ Mount Warning road.
Far North Coast - Mt Warning - Tweed Ballina Byron
Published - 29/09/2003
CLARENCE VALLEY- Pristine Waters
Published - 29/09/2003
Pine Tree Ridge fire going with Halfway Creek, Kangaroo Creek being controlled and all other fires contained. Conditions still remain very dry with reignitions requiring regular patrols.
Crews continue to establish containment lines, monitor and patrol.
Local RFS crews are working on the fires with assistance from Clarence Valley to Tenterfield.
· Phillips Creek Fire, 4809ha, being patrolled on State Forest and private land. Fire is contained on all sectors. Start 8.9 on State Forest.
· Broadmeadows (Dalmorton), 180ha, going. Start 10/9. Cause spotover from fire in Dalmorton State Forest. Aerial and vehicle based assessment of potential control lines. Prepare control lines to mineral earth overnight. Backburn to contain fire by this morning. Threat to small area of Guy Fawkes River NP until suitable control options identified.
· Middle Creek, being controlled, 2100ha. Start 22/9.
· Freemans Fire, 570ha. Start 09/09/2003. Being patrolled.
· Pine Trees Fire, 130ha.Going. Start 26/09. Possible threat to Dalmorton SF . Aerial observations of fire spread. When approaching Blacksmiths Shop Rd to the north and Pools Rd to the east, proposed backburn off these tracks to contain fire within perimeter.
· Wells Spur Fire, 516ha, being patrolled by NPWS.
· Moses Rock Fire, 465ha, being patrolled.
· Stockyard Fire. 530ha, being patrolled.
· Blackbutt, 300ha, being patrolled.
· Ramornie Station, 500ha, being patrolled.
· Neaves, being controlled. 10ha.
Published - 29/09/2003
Most fires in the south coast were declared out after mild conditions on Sunday.
A fire at Ulladulla briefly threatened a caravan park at on the southern headland on Saturday 27/9. The fire is now out with rain and hail and a wind change experienced on the fire ground. 15 fire tankers were quickly on the scene and manage to avert any property loss.
Bridge Ck (Kioloa) 460ha. Start 25/9. Is OUT.
Wolumla Fire (Candello) - is OUT at 210ha on private property. Possibly started by powerlines. Started 25/9.
Aragunnu Fire is contained within dozer line along the southern, western and northern edge of the fire and wet gully line to the east. Mop up and black out fire edge and hot spots within containment line.
Message sent: 29/09/2003 at 05:57PM
For more information visit the RFS website at http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au
The VISITING FIREMAN has been characterized as the Bible of Fire Buffing. Here is your opportunity to participate, and receive this comprehensive directory of information delivered to your home when published in April. For those who travel this is One Book You Don't Leave Home Without! The VISITING FIREMAN - Directory of Fire Service Enthusiasts
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
The Maryland Fire Network, Inc
P.O. Box 0537
Pasadena, Md 21123-0537
Contacts: Jim Goetz, (MFN1) FF/EMT-P Instructor, Anne Arundel Co Fire Dept
William Miliken, Capt (MFN2) EMT-B, Orchard Beach Vol Fire Dept
Phone: 410-437-9636 (9MFN)
WEB: http://www.mdfirenet.com The Maryland Fire Network
http://www.mdnewsnet.com The Maryland News Network
http://www.afbn.com The American Fire Broadcast Network
http://www.realpctv.com Real PC TV Network (TV for the WEB)
http://www.esfn.com MFN's Eastern Shore Fire Notification Division
The Maryland Fire Network continues to serve the entire State of Maryland with coverage in DC, parts of Virginia and Deleware. Our service is available on ALL major paging network systems (Pagenet, Arch, Metrocall, ect) and any E-Mail based device (Pagers, Cell Phones, Palm Pilots, etc).
Our channels include Local Fire, National Fire, Md News and Instant Severe Weather Alerts. Order one channel or all the price is the same...FREE!
Our Emergency Incident Response Team brings our customers closer to the scene by providing them video and still pictures from the scene as the call is on going. Thus providing the "Pictures behind the Pages." All video is available for sale under "On Scene' Productions and can be found via our main WEB site.
Average Video cost: $14.95 (60+ Minutes)
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2003 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)