Thread: World Of Fire Report: 10-01-03
10-02-2003, 02:55 PM #1
World Of Fire Report: 10-01-03
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
National Paged Incidents
Wednesday, October 01, 2003
(Central Time Zone)
2nd Alarm - SANDWICH, MA (CAPE COD) 290 Route 130, The Tacern Sandwich Shop at Trade Winds Plaza. A structure fire with sprinklers in operating. *800* [TAC9-C101]. 1:45a.m.
CLEVELAND, OH: **2-2-2 Alarm** + Special for Engine & Platform at Eddy & Arlington. (2) 2.5-story frame single-family dwellings & (1) garage going. FPO/700/D217 (C). 5:19a.m.
Incident Command: GRAND CANYON NATL PARK ---Wildland Fire--- Units on scene of a 7300 acre wildfire that was a controlled burn that started 2 weeks ago. The fire is called the Poplar Fire. Type2 Inc Mangagement team. 300 Firefighters en-route. [ICP-AZ,444]. 8:59a.m.
QUEENS, NY: 22-4382 *2nd Alarm* at 975 Wycoff Ave x Handcock St. Fire in a 1-story Auto Repair Shop. [MNS342]. 9:14a.m.
2nd Alarm - QUEENS, NY: 22-4382 Adjacent 900 Wyckoff Ave x Wairfield & Center Streets. Fire in a 1-story Auto Repair Shop. MNS -88- 10:11 * 9:17a.m.
QUEENS, NY: 99-22-4382 Wyckoff & Centre St. 2 Alarm, NFI except request for another Truck to act as a FAST Truck.
MNS #10. 9:17a.m.
QUEENS, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 4382 at 975 Wychoff Ave. Fire is in an Auto Repair Shop. EAN388 [EAN]. 9:17a.m.
Update - QUEENS, NY: 22-4382 *2nd Alarm** at 975 Wycoff Ave x Center St. Fire in a 1-story Auto Repair Shop. B37 has but FAST Truck to work, replaced with L108. TL 120 to set up in front of the fire building. L38 COMM CORD; L35 SAFETY CORD. MNS10/88/342. 9:20a.m.
QUEENS, NY: Update, 99-22-4382 Wyckoff & Centre St. BATT 37 has ordered TL 120 to set up in front of the fire building. Ladder 108 is FAST. Fire in a 1-story brick 40x80 Auto Repair Shop. MNS #10. 9:21a.m.
U/D - QUEENS, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 4382 @ 975 Wycoff Ave. Feildcom reports that the main body of fire is knocked down and members are overhauling. Primary searches are negative and secondary searches are underway. Fire is now under control. EAN90. 10:15a.m.
Final - Update: QUEENS, NY: 22-4382 *2nd Alarm* at 975 Wycoff Ave x Center St. Fire in a 1-story Auto Repair Shop 40x80. CAR 9A reports fire is knocked down & under control. MNS10/88/342. 10:15a.m.
HARRISBURG, NC (CABARRUS) **2nd Alarm** 7770 Caldwell Rd at "Builders 1st Choice". Fire in dust collection system. M/A Jackson Park, Flowe's Store & Robinson, Newell & Charlotte FD's from Mecklenburg Cty. [CFP332/328*700]. 11:23a.m.
CHICAGO, IL: 2-11 Alarm fire @ 10012 S. State. Fire in (3) 1.5-story frames, all 25x50. 4 lines working. [CHGO-1/23]. 1:38p.m.
HAMSHIRE FPD (KANE), IL: EMS 4th Alarm on I-90 Tollway at Milemarker 41.5 for a crash involving multiple vehicles and tour bus. 10 AMB's to scene. S/C 3 Helicopters. [CHGO-1/5]. 3:38p.m.
HAMPSHIRE FPD (KANE), IL: Now a 5th Alarm EMS Box Alarm on Box #2-149 on I-90 Eastbound at Milemarker 41.5 for the crash. [CHGO-5/1/150/151/215]. 4:28p.m.
CUSTER PARK FPD (WILL), IL: A 2nd Alarm on Box #29-100 at 17647 Route 113 for the house fire. [CHGO-5/1/2/24/208/238/272]. 4:30p.m.
ESFN-MVA (Fatal): WICOMICO Co. Old Ocean City Rd - SALISBURY MD. ENG-210 with a subject trapped under a grass cutter. EMS advising patient is Priority-4 (DOA). Requesting MSP and M.E. to the scene. STA.2/16/1 Salisbury EMS on the initial. ESFN-74/47. 4:47p.m.
2nd Alarm - NORTH HAMPTON, NH: 22 Maple Rd. Structure fire. M/A to work & cover. *154.145/154.19* C114 [TAC9-C158]. 5:52p.m.
CHICAGO, IL: 3-11 Alarm fire at 6700 S. Ogelsby b/o 2-2-6. Multi-story High-rise Apartment. Fire on the 5th floor. Numerous calls for people trapped and in distress above fire. [CHGO-1/5]. 5:53p.m.
CUSTER PARK (WILL Co.), IL: 2nd Alarm Box 29-100 and Ivestigators Box to 17646 Rt.113. Fully involved structure fire. Numerous agencies due @ 16:39hrs. [CIFN*140] [STLFN]. 6:00p.m.
NASHVILLE, TN: (Two 2nd Alarm fires) 331 Cliffs Park Blvd & 309 Cliffs Park Blvd. Former Motel Complex that has been converted to low income housing. 30/40 units per building. Both buildings heavily involved. (RonH) HNAN/RD1. 6:11p.m.
Update on CHICAGO, IL: 3-11 Alarm at 6700 S. Ogelsby. Fire on 5th floor and extension to 6th floor. 3 lines working. Trucks doing floor by floor search and EMS Plan II (10-AMBs). [CHGO-1/5/979]. 6:22p.m.
NASHVILLE, TN: (U/D) (3rd Alarm) 331 Plus Park Blvd (Correction). Partial collapse, evacuation tomes sounding, going defense at this time. Now reported as vacant, under renovation and fully involved. (RonH) HNAN/RD1. 6:26p.m.
NASHVILLE, TN: (U/D) (2nd Alarm) 309 Plus Park Blvd. Now under control, with bulk of fire knocked down. ** (3rd Alarm) 331 Plus Park Blvd is still defensive with multiple LPs & Master Streams flowing. Large diameter hose supply lines down. (RonH) HNAN/RD1. 6:54p.m.
EDISON, NJ (MIDDLESEX) 2nd Alarm on arrival of 1st fue Engine, 2814 Rivendell Way. Fire in a 3-story Garden Apartment type occupied multiple dwelling. DWH EAN100 [EAN]. 7:04p.m.
Update - EDISON, NJ (MIDDLESEX) 2nd Alarm - 2814 Revandall Way off Rt.529. Primary search negative. Main body of fire is knocked down. Companies checking for extensions. Still DWH. EAN100 [EAN]. 7:11p.m.
BLACKMAN TWP., MI (JACKSON): Working fire at the Jackson Prison. Heavy smoke showing from a 2-story laundry facility. M/A Henrietta, Leoni & Rives Twps. (FNNM 991). 7:26p.m.
Update - EDISON, NJ (MIDDLESEX) - 2nd Alarm, 2814 Revandall Way. Fire is now under control. [EAN]. 7:45p.m.
CRANFORD, NJ: 2nd Alarm - 21 Buchanan St. Fire in a vacant 1-story dwelling. M/A to work. EAN10 [EAN]. 10:51p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio® Report for October 1, 2003 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, portions of Western Pennsylvania and, Northern Kentucky. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail FPOinfo_@_firepageohio.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatch Coordinator Scott Berringer
Cleveland FD: 2-2-2 Eddy & Arlington. BN 6 reports 2 2.5 sty houses and 1 garage going. FPO/D700 ©
Cleveland FD: 2-2-2 Eddy & Arlington. BN 6 S/C 1 Add'l Eng, and 1 Add'l TL. FPO/D700 ©
Cleveland FD: 2-2-2 Eddy & Arlington. Cos: Eng 31, 30, Lad 31, Squad 3, & BN 6. Eng 22 - Worker. Lad 30 - RIT. 2-2-2 Cos: Eng 40, 10, TL 10, Lad 17, Squad 4, Air Supply 1, TAC 5, 713, 734, 171. S/C 1 Add'l Eng & 1 Add'l Ladder (Eng 1 & TL 7) for an additional garage a few houses away. FPO/D700 ©
Youngstown fD: W/F 211 Ayres. Cos: Eng 6, 7, 9, Sqd 33, Lad 22, BN 1, 2. Eng 6 reports fire in a vacant 2.5 sty house. FPO/D323 ©
Columbus Division of Fire: (Delayed from 0430) Extra Company W/F 1789 Eva Ln. Cos: Eng 21, 23, 4, 15, 151, TL 23, Lad 15, Res4cuE, Med 21, 23, BN 6, 1. 2 sty vacant MFD. TL 23 up & flowing. 1 injured FF fell to basement, stable condition. FPO/276/D217 ©
Akron FD (Summit): Haz-Mat 286 Barder Ave btwn Newton & Laird. Cos: Eng 2, 4, Lad 8, Med 4, Haz4cuE, BAT 2, 4. 100+ gallon fuel oil spill into sewer system. Strong odors in area. EPA, Sewer & Pollution Control S/C'd. FPO/D701 ©
Farrell, PA FD (Mercer): W/F 1013 Fruit Ave. Structure fire. M/A Sharon FD sta 83 for Engine & LAdder. FPO/256/D217 ©
--- Pages Today: 7
--- Pages YTD: 3001
New York City Metro Area Fire Incidents
as dispatched over the Metro Notification System
MNS PAGES REPORTS FOR F.D.N.Y.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 01, 2003
ALL TIMES ARE EASTERN:
BROOKLYN: W/F +10-75+ BOX 1908 @ PENNSYLVANIA AV & HEGEMAN AV. FIRE IN A 2 STY VAC BLDG * MNS-2
BROOKLYN: W/F BOX 1908 @ PENNSYLVANIA AV & HEGEMAN AV. 1 STY BRK VAC DWLG. FIRE #1 FLR. DIV-15 RPTs ALL VISIBLE FIRE K/D. NEVER STATED WHAT HE WAS USING - BY ORDER OF DC-BUTLER DIV15 P/W/H * MNS-2
BROOKLYN: 7-5-1908 -ALL-HANDS- @ PENNSYLVANIA AV & HEGEMAN AV. 1 STY BRK VAC PVT DWLG. FIRE #1 FLR. DC-BUTLER DIV15 RPTs FIRE UNDER CONTROL * MNS-2
BROOKLYN: 7-5-1046 LEFFERTS AVE X N.Y. AVE, FIRE ON THE 2ND FLR OF A 6 STY OMD. MNS-154/5
QUEENS: 2-2-4382 *2ND ALARM* aof 975 WYCOFF AVE x HANCOCK ST. FIRE IN A 1 STY AUTO REPAIR SHOP [MNS342]
QUEENS: 2-2-4382 2ND ALARM; ADJ 900 WYCKOFF AVE X WAIRFEILD & CENTER STS. FIRE IN A 1 STY AUTO REPAIR SHOP. MNS -88- 10:11 *
QUEENS: 2-2-4382 2ND ALARM, WYCKOFF & CENTRE ST. NFI, EXCEPT REQUEST ANOTHER TRUCK TO ACT AS FAST TRUCK. MNS #10
QUEENS: 2-2-4382 *2ND ALARM* aof 975 WYCOFF AVE x CENTER ST. FIRE IN A 1 STY AUTO REPAIR SHOP. B-37 HAS PUT FAST TK TO WORK, REPLACED WITH L-108. TL 120 TO SET UP IFO FIRE BLDG. B-38 COMM CORD; B-35 SAFETY CORD MNS10/88/342
QUEENS: 2-2-4382 WYCKOFF & CENTRE ST. BATT-37 HAS ORDERED TL 120 TO SET UP IN F/O FIRE BUILD. LAD-108 IS FAST. FIRE IN 1 BK 40 X 80 AUTO REPAIR SHOP. MNS #10
QUEENS: 2-2-4382 *2ND ALARM* aof 975 WYCOFF AVE x CENTER ST. FIRE IN A 1 STY AUTO REPAIR SHOP 40 X 80 CAR 9A REPORTS FIRE IS K/D & U/C MNS10/88/342
QUEENS: U/O BOX 7447 R/O 32-02 VERNON BLVD x 32 RD / 10TH ST. FIRE IN A LARGE CRANE IN THE REAR OF A FACTORY. A 10-70 WAS TRANSMITTED BY E-260 FOR WATER PBLMS. QUEENS CO HAS MADE IT A 10-75 WITH SQ-288 & R4.
QUEENS: U/O BOX 7447 R/O 32-02 VERNON BLVD x 32 RD / 10TH ST. FIRE IN A LARGE CRANE IN A STEEL HANDLING YARD. CAR 11A, (CHIEF OF RESCUE SERVICES - NORMAN) O/S REPTS ONLY AN OUTSIDE FIRE & RETURNS ALL SPEC UNITS [MNS342]
QUEENS: 7-5-6523 aof 78-40 164 ST x UNION TPKE / 78 Rd. FIRE ON THE 2nd FL OF A 6 BK 200 x 150 OMD TL-152 FAST. BLDG HAS A CELL SITE ON ROOF [MNS342]
QUEENS: 7-5-6523 aof 78-40 164 ST x UNION TPKE / 78 Rd. FIRE ON THE 2nd FL OF A 6 BK 200 x 150 OMD. D-13 (ADC CLARKE) REPTS FIRE IS K/D & PWH [MNS342]
BROOKLYN: 7-5-3784 aof 1458 41 ST X 14 / 15 AVE, FIRE IN A PD, ALL VIS FIRE K/D, FIRE P/W/H WITH THE A/H. MNS-154
BROOKLYN: 7-5-3784 41 ST & 14 AV, BSMT OF 2 STY 20 x 60 PD, PWH WITH A/H. mns5
BROOKLYN: 7-5-3784 AOF 1458 41 ST X 14 / 15 AVE'S. FIRE IN BSMT OF 2 STY 20 X 60 PVT DWG. P/W/H. MNS -88- 13:15
QUEENS: W/F BOX 1064 AOF 15-02 MOTT AVE X GATEWAY FIRE 4TH FL 6 STY OMD L-158 FAST S/C E-266 & L-137 BN-47 MNS-30
QUEENS: W/F BOX 1064 AOF 15-02 MOTT AVE X GATEWAY USED 2 ENGS & 2 TKS STOVE FIRE 4TH FL 5 BRK 150 X 120 OMD 1 LINE RUN FIRE IS U/C BN-47 MNS-30
QUEENS: **MANHOLE FIRE** BOX 7884 78 ST X 35 AVE MANHOLE FIRE EXT / TO A CAR RUSH CON ED MNS-30
QUEENS: *WATER-MAIN-BREAK* 116 AV & FOCH BLVD - FD O/S RPTs APPROX 5 BASEMENTs FLOODED. FD DE-WATERING UNIT & FIRE PATROL ENROUTE * MNS-2
MNS PAGED REPORTS FOR METRO N. Y. STATE & VICINITY
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 01, 2003
ALL TIMES ARE EASTERN:
MAMARONECK VILLAGE, N.Y. (WESTCHESTER COUNTY) W/F @ 341 NORTHRUP AVE c/s FENIMORE RD. PARTY ON PHONE CLAIMS TO BE TRAPPED ON 2nd FLOOR AND CANNOT GET OUT. FIRST DUE COS HAVE RESCUED THE PARTY #MNS750#
SETAUKET, N.Y. (SUFFOLK) W/F #13 HART LN C/S FAWN - PVT DWELLING - F/F'S DOWN ( UNK INJURIES) NFI MNS270
SETAUKET, N.Y (SUFFOLK) W/F - AS PER CMD HAVE A GAS FED FIRE CAUSING FLASHOVER -
1 F/F TX'D TO STONYBROOK HOSP - M/A NUMEROUS DEPTS TO THE SCENE MNS270
OTHER MULTIPLE ALARM INCIDENTS:
HAMPSHIRE, IL. [KANE] ++5TH ALM EMS++ ON I-90 EASTBOUND @ MM 41.5 A MULTI VEHICLE MVA WITH A TOUR BUS UNK INJS
HAMPSHIRE, IL [KANE] ++5TH ALM EMS++ E/B I-90 @ MM 41.5 MULIT MVA WITH TOUR BUS REPORTS POSS 7 DOA'S [MNS-516*IAP]
CHICAGO, IL. **3RD ALM** 6700 S. OGELSBY FIRE ON 5TH FL OF A MULTI STY HI RISE AIDED IN DISTRESS # FLS ABOVE FIRE (CHGO ) MNS-30
CHICAGO, IL. **3RD ALM** 6700 S.OGELSBY FIRE 5TH FL EXT / TO 6TH FL MULTI STY HI RISE OMD 3 LINES RUN EMS PLAN II (10 EMS UNITS) (CHGO) MNS-30
(MNS) METRO NOTIFICATION SERVICE OF NEW YORK CITY
P.O. 790065, Flushing, NY 11379
Office: 718- 416-4030 Fax: 718-416-4125
Out of area: (888) 225-8866
Visit our Web-site: http://www.mnsny.com
We now have the ability to send our service (Especially accurate FDNY information) to your pager, cellphone or any Email address anywhere in the world. For Information, please contact us at the addresses above.
TAC-9 RADIO & PAGING INCIDENT REPORT:
(Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Maine, and Vermont).
Wednesday, October 01, 2003
(Eastern Time Zone)
MVA MARBLEHEAD MA LAFAYETTE ST 2 CARS REQS FOR THE JAWS 2 AMBULANCES & ALS *154.370* [TAC9-C925]. 1:13a.m.
W/F FARMINGTON, NH ON CHESTNUT HILL ROAD M/A FROM ROCHESTER TO THE SCENE. *154.370* [TAC9-C101]. 2:25a.m.
2ND ALARM SANDWICH, MA. (CAPE COD) 290 ROUTE 130 THE TACERN SANDWICH SHOP AT TRADE WINDS PLAZA A STRUCTURE FIRE WITH SPRINKLERS IN OPERATION. *800* [TAC9-C101]. 2:45a.m.
ALERT 3 LOGAN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT BOSTON MA. AN ENGINE FIRE IN AN AIRCRAFT ON THE RUNWAY, EVACUATION IN PROGRESS, BOSTON HAS STRUCK BOX 646, STAGING AT THE NORTH GATE C171 [TAC9-C811]. 8:03a.m.
HAZMAT MARLBORO, MA. 259 CEDAR HILL ROAD-FIRE INVOLVING UNKNOWN TYPE CHEMICALS-REQUEST FOR A PARTIAL HAZMAT TEAM RESPONSE. *800* C768 [TAC9-C461]. 8:24a.m.
MVA MILTON, MA BLUE HILL AVE AT BROOK RD JAWS OPERATING E1 REPORTS 1 TRAPPED *483.5125* C171/C811 [TAC9-C158]. 8:54a.m.
MVA NEW BRITAIN CT FARMINGTON AVE & LAKE RD A ROLLOVER JAWS WORKING C42 [TAC9-C09]. 9:25a.m.
ACW PROVIDENCE RI 453 PUBLIC ST FIRE IN A 3 STORY WOOD FRAME FIRE IN 1 ROOM 1 LINE IN USE FIRE K/D PWH HOLDING ALL CO'S *151.220* C158 [TAC9-C319]. 10:29a.m.
MVA SANFORD ME ON THE OLD AIRPORT RD OIC CALLING FOR THE SQUAD AND JAWS TO THE SCENE SINGLE VEHICLE INVOLVED *453.175* C603 [TAC9-C319]. 11:59a.m.
ACW BOSTON, MA BOX 7242 451 OLD COLONY AVE E21 HAS 1 LINE RUN FIRE CONTAINED TO 1 ROOM CO'S OVERHAULING & CHECKING FOR EXTENSION *483.1875* [TAC9-C158]. 2:14p.m.
ACW SOMERVILLE, MA BOX 34 326 BROADWAY DRYER FIRE IN THE BASEMENT 1 LINE OPERATING ACW *483.2625* [TAC9-C158]. 5:35p.m.
W/F PLYMOUTH MA BOX 1533 FOR 14 BALTIC REPORTED FIRE ON FL 2 *154.430* C20/73/114 [TAC9-C519]. 5:46p.m.
ACW IPSWICH, MA. 84 OLD WRIGHT ROAD-CHIMNEY FIRE WITH EXTENSION-M/A TO SCENE & FOR COVERAGE. C114 [TAC9-C461]. 5:46p.m.
2ND ALARN NORTH HAMPTON, NH 22 MAPLE RD STRUCTURE FIRE M/A TO WORK & COVER *154.145/154.19* C114 [TAC9-C158]. 6:52p.m.
ACW WAREHAM, MA 345 MAIN ST CO'S HAVE SMOKE SHOWING FROM A 1 STORY STRUCTURE. *460.2375* C44/C73 [TAC9-C101]. 8:50p.m.
TAC-9 RADIO & PAGING
301 N. Main Street Suite #9
Randolph, MA 02368
Steve Hooke, President
E-mail to: email@example.com
Virginia Firenet (VFN)
VFN Paging covers incidents from the Tidewater and Richmond areas as well as through out the state of Virginia. Visit our Website at http://www.tac9.com and click on VFN PAGING or via E-mail to VFN@tac9.com
Wednesday, October 01, 2003
(Eastern Time Zone)
CITY OF VA BEACH 2600 BRAXTON RD 2STORY CONDO HEAVY SMOKE AND FLAMES ON ARRIVAL POSSILBE 2 UNITS INVOLVED TAC-4. VFN-02 (VFN04). 8:16a.m.
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA: 2600 BRAXTON RD U/D- FIRE CTRL. POSS EXT TO ATTIC. 1 CIV PT TX TO HOSPITAL (ASTHMA ATTACK). *FINAL*  (VFN05). 9:13a.m.
(EAN) Emergency Action Network
Covering New Jersey, New York Metro area and
parts of Pennsylvania & Delaware.
Wednesday, October 01, 2003
(Eastern Time Zone)
QUEENS **2ND ALARM** BOX 4382 975 WYCHOFF AVE FIRE IS IN A AUTO REPAIR SHOP EAN388. 10:13a.m.
U/D QUEENS,NY *2ND ALARM* BOX 4382 @ 975 WYCOFF AVE. FEILDCOM RPT'S THAT MAIN BODY OF FIRE IS K/D AND MEMBERS ARE OVERHUALING. PRI SRCH'ES ARE NEG AND SEC SRCH'ES ARE UNDERWAY. FIRE IS NOW U/C. EAN90. 11:12a.m.
QUEENS,NY *ALL HANDS* BOX 6523 @ 78-40 164 ST. DIV 13 HAD FIRE ON THE 6TH FLR OF A 6 STY 200 X 150 CLASS 3 MD. MAIN BODY OF FIRE IS K/D AND THE PRI SRCH IS NEG. FIRE IS PWH. EAN90. 12:35p.m.
*FINAL* QUEENS,NY *ALL HANDS* BOX 6523 @ 78-40 164 ST. DIV 13 RPT'S SEC SRCH'ES ARE NEG. FIRE IS U/C. EAN90. 12:39p.m.
LAKEWOOD,NJ (OCEAN) *GENERAL ALARM* 282 WOODLAKE MANOR DR. PAID MAN RQST'ING A GENERAL ALARM FOR A W/F IN A UNK TYPE DWELLING. *EAN540* EAN90. 2:37p.m.
U/D LAKEWOOD,NJ CMD RPT'ING FIRE IS K/D AND U/C. RQST FOR FIRE MARSHALLS TO THE SCENE. *EAN540* EAN90. 3:08p.m.
LIVINGSTON MANOR - NY - (SULLIVAN) UNK LOC. WORKING STRUCTURE FIRE. M/A COVERING FIRE HQ. EAN14. 4:15p.m.
READINGTON - NJ - (HUNTERDON) *WORKING FIRE* RT.523 nr THE MUNICIPAL BLDG. WORKING BARN FIRE. M/A TO THE SCENE. EAN14. 4:17p.m.
HOCKESSIN DE (NEW CASTLE) 35 SAGE WAY IN THE BRACKENVILLE WOODS DEV X ST OLD WILMINGTON RD. FD DISPATCHED FOR THE WORKING HOUSE FIRE. RIT ALSO DISPATCHED. EAN23. 4:24p.m.
MANHATTEN **PERSON IN THE WATER** 106 AND THE FDR A CONFIRMED MALE IN THE WATER NOW REMOVED BY THE FD S/C EMS TO CHECK THE OUT EAN685. 5:57p.m.
CLIFTON NJ ** HIGH LEVELS OF CO** 91 EAST 1ST ST FD O/S OF HIGH LEVEL OF CO WITH TO PEDATRICS PT'S THAT WERE UNCONSCOUS AND ARE NOW CONSCOUS ALS AND PSEG REQUESTED WITH A RUSH EAN 465/ EAN3311. 7:51p.m.
DUMONT (BERGEN) **WORKING FIRE** BEHINE THE FUNERAL HOME ON WASHINGTON AVE A FULLY INVOLVED GARAGE FIRE WITH 2 CARS INVOLVED WITH EXPOSURE PROBLEMS EAN3311. 8:01p.m.
EDISON NJ (MIDDLESEX) 2ND ALM ON ARRIVAL OF 1ST DUE ENG, 2814 RIVENDELL WAY, FIRE IN A 3 STY GDN APT TYPE OMD, DWH EAN100. 8:02p.m.
U/D EDISON NJ (MIDDLESEX) 2ND ALM 2814 REVANDALL WAY OFF RT.529, PRIMARY SEARCH (-) MAIN BODY OF FIRE IS K/D, CO'S CHECKING FOR EXT'N, STILL DWH EAN100. 8:10p.m.
WYKOFF NJ, (BERGEN) **WORKING FIRE** 182 COTTAGE ST. FIRE IN A PRIVATE DWELLING. M/A FAST TEAM TO THE SCENE. EAN301. 8:11p.m.
U/D DUMONT NJ **WORKING FIRE** ON WASHINGTON AVE ALL VISBLE FIRE K/D 2 H/L/S/O CO'S OVERHAULING FIRE IS PWH EAN3311. 8:17p.m.
U/D EDISON NJ (MIDDLESEX) 2ND ALM 2814 REVANDALL WAY, FIRE IS NOW U/C EAN100. 8:44p.m.
CRANFORD NJ, (UNION) **WORKING FIRE** UNK ADD. M/A TO THE SCENE AND COVER. EAN301. 11:32p.m.
CRANFORD NJ 2ND ALM 21 BUCHANAN ST HOUSE FIRE EAN205/10 ON SCENE.. EAN10. 11:33p.m.
U/D CRANFORD NJ: 2ND ALM 21 BUCHANAN ST FIRE IN A 1 STY VAC HOUSE HVY FIRE K/D 2-HL'S IN OPP..EAN205/10 ON SCENE.. EAN10. 11:36p.m.
U/D CRANFORD NJ: 2ND ALM 21 BUCHANAN ST FIRE K/D & U/C M/A ROSELLE & WESTFIELD REQ UNION CO ARSON UNIT EAN205/10 ON SCENE... EAN10. 11:47p.m.
"A division of TAC9 Paging"
Working Fires & greater, MVA's, EMS, PD, Haz-mat incidents in Greater Toronto, Ontario, Canada and Buffalo, NY.
Wednesday, October 01, 2003
(Eastern Time Zone)
TORONTO (CANADA) Report:
TORONTO, WF, MADAWASKA AV. @ WILLOWDALE. DWELLING FIRE, AIRLIGHT 114 ADDED. TFN315. (tf) [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 4:55p.m.
UD, TORONTO, 71 NEWTON DR. (CORR. ADDRESS). ACW, N2, TFN315. (tf) [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 4:58p.m.
UD, TORONTO, 71 NEWTON DR. FIRE U/C, SEARCHES (-), PWH. TFN315. (tf) [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 5:05p.m.
TORONTO, 2ND ALARM, 3950 LAWRENCE AV. E. 6TH FLR APT. E2. TFN315. (tf) [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 7:18p.m.
UD, TORONTO, LAWRENCE AV. E. FIRE K/D, 2ND ALARM CANCELLED. TFN315. (tf) [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 7:21p.m.
LINCOLN, ON. CANADA, 2411 FOURTH AV. BARN FIRE. 153.77. TFN315. (ca) [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 11:07a.m.
BOA, BRAMPTON ON, 30 MALTA AVE, 16TH FLR FULL OF SMK, CAME IN AS BELLS RINGING, *TAC 6* TFN409 (ca) [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 4:04p.m.
If interested in getting this info to your pager or wireless device please contact Toronto Firenet at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 416-560-9055.
(ICP) Incident Command Page of Arizona, Inc.
Wednesday, October 01, 2003
(Mountain Time Zone)
INCIDENT COMMAND GRAND CANYON NATL PK ---WILDLAND FIRE--- Units onscene of a 7300 acre wildfire that was a controlled burn that started 2 wks ago. The fire is called the Poplar Fire. Type2 Inc Mangagement team. 300 F/F's enroute. TFC-ON Ch1 169.675,F/C Ch1 168.100 [ICP324,444]. 6:59a.m.
STLFN - ST. LOUIS FIRENET -
Incidents from the St. Louis, MO Metro area.
Wednesday, October 01, 2003
(Central Time Zone)
STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm* Natural Gas leak @ 608 N. 21st Street. 2" gas main leaking in the basement of a 5-story building. 1 block area evacuated. P7-17-9-2-29 HL6 BC802/801 SQD-1 DC810. S/C 2 additional Pumpers. [STL899]. 9:35a.m.
STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO - STLFD has a working house fire at 4335 Oregon. Smoke showing from the 2nd floor - one line off. PUMPERS: 4, 1, 23, H&L 4, BC804. [STL810]. 10:04a.m.
STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO - STLFD has a working house fire at 3831 Sherman Place. Fire in a 2-story vacant house. One line off. PUMPERS: 8, 17, 9, H&L 15, BC806. [STL810]. 10:07a.m.
STLFN: U/D - ST. LOUIS, MO - STLFD's working house fires at 3831 Sherman Place & 4335 Oregon. Both fire have been extinguished. Companies overhauling. [STL810]. 10:18a.m.
STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a 1st Alarm house fire at North Florissant and Penrose. BC 801 reports a 1-story brick building with appears unoccupied. 1 line off. PUMPERS: 8, 5, 20, 10, 17, HL 2, BC 801 and 806, SQUAD 2. /STL819. 11:14p.m.
STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO. Update on STLFD's *1st Alarm* house fire at North Florissant & Penrose. BC 801 reports the fire is under control. Strike Out the 1st Alarm. Squad can return to quarters. /STL819. 11:17p.m.
Incidents from CIFN
-compiled by Jamie Joyce
Tuesday, September 30, 2003
(Central Time Zone)
CIFN-FIRE: RIVERTON IL (SANGAMON): Working structure fire at 1037 Camm Rd (house just south) 1 story wood frame fully involved in the front Riverton FPD onscene Dawson called for M/A [CIL-5,CIFN-3] 10:10 am
OH FF (2) LODD Notification
On Wednesday, 10-01-03, two (2) OH Fire Fighters were killed in the Line-of-Duty in New Knoxville, OH during an explosion.
FF Kenneth JUTTE of the New Breman FD was killed along with an unknown other Fire Fighter. Several other Firefighters were also injured.
The fire / explosion was at the Hoge Lumber Company in a 70' concrete silo. The FD was on scene for over two (2) hours when the explosion occurred. Brother Jutte was one of two FF's on top of the silo when the explosion occurred. Another FF was thrown from a nearby aerial bucket.
See http://www.firehouse.com for further details.
God Bless, Stay Safe and Keep the Faith.
New Bremen FUNERAL DETAILS (The Secret list)
The details for the two firefighters killed yesterday from the New Bremen, Ohio FD are as follows:
Firefighter Ken Jude
Viewing-Friday Evening 4 pm-8 pm-October 3, 2003
Funeral-Saturday Morning 1030 hours-October 4, 2003
Firefighter John Garman
Viewing-Sunday 2pm-8pm-October 5, 2003
Funeral-Monday Morning 1030 hours-October 6, 2003
All related above activities will be held at the Holy Redeemer Church located on Eastmore Drive, in the Village of New Bremen.
Directions: I-75 to the State Route 274 Exit...proceed WEST on SR 274 into New Bremen. The church is right off State Route 274. You will be directed as you approach the church. New Bremen is about an hour north of Dayton, Ohio. Additional information may be available at other www sites. We just received this from the Village Clerk of New Bremen... and have no additional details.
Below is also an additional updated news article.
TRAINING NOTE: re: SILO FIRES:
Be sure to check out http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/face/In-house/full8549.htm since on August 27, 1985, three OTHER Ohio fire fighters were killed when a burning silo exploded. Naturally, there may be different circumstances that occurred yesterday-but until official reports are available, the general subject of "silo fires" will certainly come up amongst all of us-at all of our firehouses-and maybe this information will help.
During the 1985 fire, the firefighters were directing water onto the fire from the top of the silo at the time of the explosion. The above site link is of interest-and can be used for discussion as firefighters discuss yesterday's tragic event. Without question-we all mourn the horrible loss of our Brothers from yesterday-but information such as above may also serve to further all firefighters' training on this specific subject...and deeply respect and HONOR the tragic loss and memories of Firefighters Ken Jude and John Garman by learning how to prevent such tragedies from occurring in the future.
Take Care-BE CAREFUL.
BillyG The Secret List 10-2-03 1200 Hours
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Brooklyn, N. Y. 10/01/03 @ 00:45 hrs.
East New York Section
location: on Pennsylvania Ave.
between: New Lots Ave. & Hegamen Ave.
5 - 7 - Signal - 1908 @ 00:41 ( 5 - 7 signal = Eng. & Tk. only ) Engine 290 & Ladder 103 for a reported car on fire.
" Eng. 290 to Brooklyn, 10 - 75 the Box, we have a 2 story vacant K"
10 - 75 - 1908 @ 00:44
Engs. 332, 257, 231
TowerLadder 170 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. #252
Batt. 58 Division 15
1 Story Private Dwelling
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Similar Type attach
Exp. #3: Is a Rear Yard
Exp. #4: Is a 2 Story Brick M. D.
Division 15: Box 1908, we had a fire on the 1st. floor of a 1 story vacant dwelling. All visible fire has been extinguished. By orders of Deputy Chief Butler, Probably Will Hold.
Division 15: Box 1908, Primary & secondary searches are complete thru out and are negative. Fire is UnderControl. " K "
" Brooklyn to Division 15, What did you use there K ? "
" Division 15 to Brooklyn, we used All - Hands. " K " Fire is UnderControl. "
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 1908 @ 00:59
Brooklyn, N. Y. 10/01/03 @ 02:30 hrs.
Upper Flatbush Section
address: 415 Lefferts Ave.
between: New York Ave. & Brooklyn Ave.
1046 @ 02:30
Engs. 249, 234, 248, 310*, 280*
Lads. 113, 123, 174*
Rescue Co. #2*
Squad Co. #1*
* 4 Engs. / 3 Tks. / Rescue & Squad due to numorous calls & reports of people trapped
10 - 75 - 1046 @ 02:34
Ladder 132 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Batt. 31 Division 15
6 Story Brick 100 x 100 O. M. D.
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Similar Type attach
Exp. #3: Is a Rear Yard
Exp. #4: Is a Similar Type attach
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 1046 @ 02:38
Batt. 41 reports, At Box 1046, were using All - Hands. We have 1 - line stretched & in operation. Fire's in a 2nd. floor bathroom of a 6 story brick occupied multiple dwelling. Primary's are in progress. Truck Co.'s are "Opening Up" Fire is Doubtful.
Batt. 41: At the Box, All searches of the fire floor and the floor above are negative. We have 1 - line stretched & in operation. Return all Special Units, " K "
Batt. 41: Box 1046, Probably Will Hold.
Batt. 41: At the Box, All secondary searches are negative. Were going to put the fire UnderControl.
New South Wales Fire Update - 1st October 2003
Another day of mild conditions, and some rain, largely assisted more than 400 firefighters to do containment work today, although backburning was hampered in the Northern Tablelands.
There are still 59 fires in NSW, generally in the Northern Tablelands and Twin Rivers areas, however the majority are contained and being patrolled.
Rain assisted operations in Cessnock and Wyong, where Section 44 `bushfire emergency' declarations have been lifted as fire activity has decreased. Firefighters achieved containment of Cessnock's fires in the Laguna, Wollombi, Bucketty area before rain affected firegrounds.
Backburning was conducted in Hastings despite drizzle. Crews were pulled off fire grounds this afternoon due to wet and slippery conditions. Eight of the 12 fires in Hastings are contained and work will continue in generally favourable conditions tomorrow.
Rain hampered backburning and containment work in the Tenterfield area. Crews were removed from slippery, dangerous firegrounds. The rain will help the number of fires that are contained and being patrolled, but has not assisted fires requiring containment lines.
A land gale predicted for the Northern Tablelands this evening may cause firegrounds to rapidly dry and increase fire activity.
Drizzling rain has fallen on the Twin Rivers area assisting firefighting efforts. Fortunately, the rain did not hamper backburning activity today and containment work continued, although slippery dangerous conditions forced crews off the fireline this afternoon.
Of the 12 fires burning in the Hastings district eight are contained and being patrolled. Containment work continues on the other four.
Viewmont fire in Nambucca District is now out.
Nambucca and Kempsey Fires looking good with an expectation that the main focus of Section 44 operations will be on the fires in the Hastings area. The four fires in Kempsey are contained.
Wallis Fire - 50 ha of private property is contained.
· Red Hill, Telegraph Point , 570ha being controlled. Start 13.9 on private property. Hard containment lines have been identified and are being constructed yesterday.
· Jaspers Peak, Birdwood, 1250ha. Start 11.9.03 on private property. Fire is going in inaccessible terrain.
· Cemetery Fire, Comboyne, is at 250ha. Start 12.9 on private property. Fire is going. Monitor and patrol. Fire is smouldering well within lines.
· Gallway Fire, Birdwood, 1300ha is being controlled. Started 11.9 on private property. Fire spreading slowly along Forbes Road, Wollongbar Rd and Wollongbar South Road. Could spread to larger areas of regrowth forest and Pappinbarra Valley. Objective is to halt spread at natural and established control lines and stop spreading to the east.Strategy includes working along Yuraga and Donga Trails. Water bomb if practicable.
· Albert Fire (Yarras), 250ha. Fire is going. Started 25/9. Fire burning in inaccessable terrain.
· Coopers Fire (Yarras), is being controlled. 522ha. The fire is burning in inaccessible country.The spread of this fire should be contained by utilising old hazard reduction burn and natural containment lines.
· Tower Fire (Telegraph Point), 180ha, is contained. Fire started on private property 24/9. Crews are working on containment lines. Potential but no current threat to rural properties along Gum Scrub Rd and Bailys Rd.
· Saddle Trail - 1192ha of national park land - fire is contained. Started 23/09/03 . 15 firefighters and aircraft are working on the fire. Control lines are Kumbatine Brook Rd- Side Cut trail- Stockyard trail- Main Rangetrail. Two dozers and tractor continue to prepare fallback lines. Crews will monitor the fire that is spreading south within containment lines. Back burning western and southern flanks will be undertaken when and if conditions allow. Aggressive mop up and patrol. Helicopter water bucketing supporting ground crews during heat of the day. Two dozers to keep access open due to many falling trees.
· Porter Fire, 915ha, is going. Start 26/09/03.
· McIvers Ridge Fire Upsalls Creek State Forest,is contained 830ha. Start 26/09/03 on State Forest.
· Beechwood West (Wauchope) 79ha. Fire is contained.. Start 26/09/03 on private property.
North Shore Fire, 3ha, being patrolled.
Winstead Fire (Kempsey) - 237ha is contained. 20 firefighters working in the area. Start 26/09/03. Control lines put in by dozer and grader and control burning, property protection has been completed around a property in the north eastern corner. Backburning on the western containment line. Patrolling overnight. Monitor and patrol existing containment lines to ensure fire remains contained.Concerns about the fire traveling north into Maria State Forest and Maria National Park and private property.
Stumpy Ck - 611ha is contained. Started 27/9 suspicious. 20 firefighters. Abandoned house in unburnt area saved with grader work and small back burn during the evening. 200 bee box's saved with back burning.Additional backburn to add log piles in south western corner.
Victoria Valley - 306ha is contained. Start 27/09/03 . 15 firefighters.
Starlings Rd - 250ha contained. Dozer line circling entire fire. Several trees on fire edge are alight and are being monitored. Mopping up continuing. Start 06/09/03.
- Telleragree Fire, Cooloongoolok 550ha. - Being patrolled. Fire within containment lines. Crews blacking out.Crews working to contain fire east of Possum Pie Rd, north of he Coolongolook River west of the Pacific Hwy and south of 4wd trail running east. Fire started on private property 26/9.
. Lawlers Creek, being patrolled. 75ha. Start 28/9.
· Wallis Island - 600ha. OUT. Fire started 24/9 .
· Ebsworth Rd Fire, 450ha, OUT. Start 22.9.03. Fire started on private property.
· Curreeki Ck Coolongolook, 10ha, OUT.
Massey Ck - 1385. OUT
Bullen Bullen 500ha, is being patrolled. Fire is in inaccessible terrain. Fire is self extinguished in the open grazing lands due to lack of fuel.
· Viewmont Fire, Bollanolla Nature Reserve, 1046ha, is OUT .Start on private property.
HUNTER - Cessnock
All fires in Cessnock have been contained with little or no fire activity. Containment coincided with drizzling rain, which may assist to extinguish final fire activity on the Cullys Arm fire.
Only about 2mm of rain has fallen but this has assisted firefighting operations.
The Section 44 `bushfire emergency' declaration is likely to be lifted this evening.
More than 100 firefighters have worked in the area .
A Section 44 `bushfire emergency' applies to the Cessnock and Maitland districts to enable firefighters to coordinate resources on fires in the area.
The Laguna Complex of fires in the Laguna, Wollombi and Bucketty areas has been contained.
The Murrays Run Fire is contained and being patrolled at 5ha. The Heaton Rd Fire at Quorrobolong has also been contained at 20ha. The fires will be monitored.
· Clarks Fire (Larnook, Boorabee Rd), 467ha private land. Fire is contained and being patrolled by helicopter. Little current threat.Start 7.9.03 on private property.
· Swindlers Fire, Paddys Flat, 667ha of national park and is being patrolled. Started 13.9 on State Forest. Fire is contained and being patrolled by air.
· Ducat (Capeen), 337ha private and national park. Is being patrolled. Start 14.9 on private property.There is little fire activity. Fire was going out once it reached flat grass land areas.
· Mt Williams (Bonalbo), 161ha private land is being patrolled. Started 16.9 on private property.
· Palen Creek, 207ha is being patrolled. Started 15.9 in Border Ranges National Park. Fire is mostly surrounded by World Heritage listed rainforest. Low threat.
· Mt Lardner (Whiporie) - OUT 315ha of private and national park land. Start 12.9 on private property.
· Camira Complex (Clearfield) OUT. (Camira and Mt Neville Fires) 4448ha of private, national park and State Forest land. Start 10/9 on private property.Very low threat.
NORTHERN TABLELANDS - Tenterfield, Severn, Inverell
Drizzling rain is affecting the Northern Tablelands. This may assist the number of fires around Tenterfield which are being patrolled, but has forced crews off the firegrounds and stopped containment work on other fires.
The rain has hampered backburning and containment activities.
A land gale warning has been issued for this evening. If predicted strong winds eventuate they may dry the fireground out and cause complications for fires still requiring containment.
Fires of concern are Hewetts Peak Complex, McMinmus and Oaks.
Malara & Sandy Creek fires are being monitored by air.
Task forces are proceeding to Tenterfiedl from Region East and West .
Backburning to recommence as soon as possible to consolidate containment lines.
Of the more than 30 fires that have affected the area for the past two weeks, 15 have been declared out.
Of the fires currently affecting the area, 8 are being patrolled, one is contained, two are being contained and one is going.
· Hewitts Peak (Henry River) east southeast of Glen Innes, 16820 ha being controlled. Private and State Forest land. Started 5.9 on Brothers State Forest. Fire destroyed five dwellings in the multiple-occupancy community of Whytalaba. Control strategy is to utilise existing trails and drainage systems for containment lines. Construct new containment and fall back lines where necessary.
· Malara Fire, 545ha of private property and National Park. The fire is going. Start 25/09/2003.
· Sandy Creek (Bulldog Rock) east of Tenterfield, 936ha, private, NPWS, State Forest land. Is contained. Started 12.9. The fire is burning in rough terrain.* · · McMinimus (Wallangarra) 2350ha is being controlled. Fire started in Queensland. Burn progresses further through rough and inaccessible terrain - no immediate threat to assets of commercial value. More than 40 firefighters are working on the fire.
· Oaks (Sandy Flat) southeast of Tenterfield, 6029ha, private and State Forest land is being patrolled. Started 8/9 on private property.
· Branch Gully (Paddys Flat) north northeast of Tenterfield, being patrolled, 894ha private land. Monitor and patrol all containment lines. State Forest crews are mopping up and patrolling to ensure the fire remains within containment lines.
· Girrard, 1038ha of State Forest and private property is contained and being patrolled. Started 9.9 on State Forest. No active fire observed for some days.
· Glen Elgin, 10ha private property. OUT.
· Turkey Nest (Drake) 57ha start 22/9 State Forest, being patrolled. No current threat posed. Fire is being monitored.
· Lighting T Fire 1ha, being patrolled, started 26/09/03 on State Forest.
· Rivertree Fire (Paddys Flat) 294ha private property is being patrolled. No active fire observed.
· Sugarbag, 455ha. OUT. Started private property 10.9.
· Patemans, 280ha, is OUT. Start 10.9 on private property.
· Poverty Point (Malara Ck), 1558ha. Is OUT. Start 10.9 on private property.
· Tooloom, 70ha, State Forest land is OUT. Start 10.9 on State Forest land.
· Eagle Creek, 80ha, private property is OUT.
· Rough Hill, 130ha, private property is OUT.
· Emu Creek (northeast of Tenterfield), 174ha, private property is OUT
· Pretty Gully (northeast of Tenterfield), 5ha, is OUT. Start private property 13.9.
· Paddys Flat, 10ha, is OUT. Started 12.9 on private property.
· Tinderbox - 70ha, start 27/09/03 being patrolled.
· Butterleaf Fire (northeast of Glen Innes), 1827ha, is being patrolled. Started 30.8. No active fire observed at perimeter for some days .
· Oakwood Creek (Henry River) east southeast of Glen Innes, 6875ha national park, State Forest and private property is OUT. Started 2.9 on private property.
· Kangawalla Fire (Shannon Vale) east southeast of Glen Innes, 586ha, is OUT.Started 14.9 on private property.
· Capoompeta (south of Tenterfield), 5696ha private, State Forest, national park land is OUT. Start private property 2.9.
· Bebo Fire (west northwest of Tenterfield), 601ha State Forest and private Started lightning strike in State Forest on 13.9. Is OUT.
The fire in the Mangrove Mountain area has been contained and is being patrolled.
Central Mangrove - 924ha is contained. A Section 44 ``bushfire emergency'' was declared on Thursday, 25/9. The declaration was revoked today. The fire will then be managed as a class 1 under local arrangements between RFS and NPWS. NPWS crews are on standby at Fire Control Centre for response should aerial reconnaissance determine it is required. Fire started 24.9.03. 27 .
Rain is falling in the area and all fires of concern are at patrol status.
· Carrai Creek, going, 3700ha. Crews saved a home on the Carrai Plateau on 29/9 and may have to do property protection work with about seven other properties if fire activity increases. Objective is to contain fire eat of Kunderang Brook and Macleay River. Mild weather should assist backburning. Crews intend to complete backburn off northern end of Carrolla Ck Trail and assess Cochrane North Fire Trail for backburning. Five RFS and eight NPWS units working in the area.
Strategy is to contain fire to south of Warwick and Cochrane Rds and west of Smiths Ck. Backburns conducted from Warwick Rd in front of fire moving to east. Use tractor to push control line from Warwick Rd into rainforest along Smiths Ck. Fire crossed Warwick Road pm 26/09. Start on 11/9 on private property.
- Brassey Fire, 100ha, being patrolled. There is limited risk of fire running to the east into Brassey and Doyles River SF and Werrikimoe NP because the immediate western flank was burned last year.
· Tobins fire is OUT, 10ha. Started 26/09/03 suspiously.
· Plum Tree Hill Fire is contained. 371ha Enfield State Forest. Backburn in the northwest containment line this afternoon to contain fire on the on that flank. Blacking out and regular patrol. Started 11/09/03 .
· Rusdens Ck, 15ha NPWS land.Is OUT. Start 22/09/2003.
· Burns Ck, patrol, 700ha. Very low threat to further State Forest, however - fire is being patrolled. Unlikely to escape from natural containments of Burns Creek and Rowleys River. Started on private property 11/9.
· Hicks Fire, being patrolled at 1000ha of private, State Forest and NPWS. Very low threat of fire making further incursions into State Forest. Similarly low threat of further incursions into national park. Fire started on private property on 11/9.
· Double Dumps Fire, being patrolled 740ha. Control strategies include Rowley's River and rainforest scrub to the east to contain. Fire contained by dozer trails and backburning on north, south and west flanks.
· Kings Gap, is being patrolled, 1600ha. Aim is to keep fire west of Thunderbolt Way. Start 12/9 by lightning.Crews contained the Kings Gap Fire, between Bundarra and Tingha, with backburns on the Thunderbolts Way.
PRISTINE WATERS MACLEAN
Tanglewood Fire contained after successful back burns being conducted overnight ahead of predicted rain. Pine Tree Ridge fire and Ramornie Fires now out. Majority of existing fires are at patrol status.
· Phillips Creek Fire, 4809ha, being patrolled on State Forest and private land. Fire is contained on all sectors. Start 8.9 on State Forest.
Tony Water Hole, going, 1ha.
Big Bull Fire, 10ha, contained.
Black Hill, 5ha, being patrolled.
· Broadmeadows (Dalmorton), 950ha, contained. Start 10/9. Cause spotover from fire in Dalmorton State Forest.
· Middle Creek, being controlled, 2100ha. Start 22/9.
· Freemans Fire, 570ha. Start 09/09/2003. Being patrolled.
· Neaves, being patrolled. 10ha.
Middle Creek Fire, 2100ha. Being patrolled.
· Wells Spur Fire, 516ha, being patrolled by NPWS.
· Pine Trees Fire, 130ha.OUT. Start 26/09.
· Moses Rock Fire, 465ha, OUT.
· Stockyard Fire. 530ha, OUT.
· Blackbutt, 300ha, OUT.
· Ramornie Station, 500ha, OUT.
Tanglewood, 500ha, contained. RFS, NPWS, SF crews carrying out aggressive mop up tonight. Consolidate and mop up through tomorrrow.Start 28/9.
Lills Fire, going, 50ha. Establish break around fire with D7 Dozer and State Forests D3 tractor. Mopup, black out and patrol. SF Helicopter will be used this afternoon to inspect fire and water bucket any hot spots. Start 29/9.
Crowleys Creek, 50ha, being patrolled. Start 23/9
Chainy Waterhold, going.Pine Brush State Forest. Start 30/9.
FAR NORTH COAST - TWEED
Fire near Mt Warning is being patrolled and the national park is open.
Mt Warning - 75ha of National Park and private property. Being patrolled. Start 26/9 by lightning.
Message sent: 01/10/2003 at 05:37PM
For more information visit the RFS website at www.rfs.nsw.gov.au
FLORIDA: Effective 10/1/03 the Volusia County (FL)Office of Emergency Mangement assumed the responabilty for dispatching of Volusia County Fire services and the city of Deland fire dpartment. The station #'s for Deland are 81(main station) and 82(airport). The city of Ormond Beach has reassumed the dispatching of their stations 91,92,93,94. Volusia county fire services has resumed staffing of station 11&13 from the city of ormond beach. For the past 10 years fire dispatching for Volusia county was performed by a division of EVAC the county ems company.
Volusia county fire service
Herculaneum (Missouri) Fire Department -
Herculaneum Fire Department
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
CityWide Paging Hartford, CT. Connecticut's largest Fire & News Paging system now in our 12th year with over 1,000 members. CWP provides fire, accident and major news paging to our membership made up of public safety, media and buffs through out the state of Connecticut. CWP has 20 volunteer dispatchers and operates a toll free in state hotline available to all
members. CWP offers service on any pager, cell phone, PDA, or desktop with service customized to the member's needs. We have the ability to send timely customized pages for incidents in our coverage area of Connecticut, Western Massachusetts, Rhode Island and the New York boarder towns to any individual pin number in Connecticut or in the USA on any paging service for a small yearly fee. CWP provides a free national reciprical service available to any paging group, big or small, in the US. Any group interested receiving CWP USA Paging contact Frank Papa Jr. @ email@example.com
Citywide Paging Ken Kalos / Frank Papa Jr.
Newington, CT 06131
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2003 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)