Thread: Hiring process

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy Hiring process

I hate to keep bother everyone but I was wondering if anyone has ever had the problem of an investigator NOT returning calls. I am in the process of being investigated. I took my physical,medical, and written physc. I spoke to my investigator the other day and she didnt even know that I already took all my required tests? What do I do now. The person that should know all about my investigation doesnt know that I took everything already........ Thanks for the help.

Forum Member

I am assuming you are talking about FDNY. I can't say anything about candidate investigations, but I called the medical office to get some questions answered (see F.d.n.y thread) and they have not called me back yet. I thought I was lucky to get ahold of them, because I was transfered around for two days. I may have even talked to a janitor.
    Basically they don't seem very good at getting back to people.
    I don't know if this helped, but good luck.

Forum Member

Default Patience

Even when you get someone to answer the phone, you get the felling they are doing you a favor just talking to you.

Just wait, you don't want them talking about you as the guy who couldn't wait. Just be patient, it will happen. It's a long process, but you don't want to give them them the wrong impression, or have a person in the office mention it to those who are making the decisions.

Also in most departments, big and small, no one really knows when a class will start, until it does. Do to budgets, chiefs who change their minds, problems in the training dept., and more reasons than you can imagine. I've seen start dates put off four or five times.

You do not want them to know anything more about you than that you're on the list.

If you know anyone who works there ask them what the rumors are, and that's all they are.
    Good Luck, Capt Rob
    nrtc@sonic.net

www.eatstress.com

Thread Information