Thread: Decon Rit Teams

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Decon Rit Teams

Just wanted to know if anybody out there assigns a second Rapid Intervention Team for there Decon Team.

MembersZone Subscriber

I looked at the Reply counter and there has been 64 views.How come no one will answer me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks inadavance

MembersZone Subscriber

Default RIT Decon

I am not sure why you would need RIT assigend for decon. The decon station should be setup outside of any contamination. Decon team members may be exposed to incidential exposure during the decon process, depending on product type and extent on contamination of entry team members.

RIT and the 2-in, 2-out rule are for when personnel are working in an IDLH atmosphere.
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the reply! I guessed I used the wrong word by saying a Rit team .The questions I have is does anybody keep fresh people outside of Decon in the same level of PPE in the event that someone in the Decon Area went down.

Forum Member

Post backup personnel in decon area

This was a better question. By OSHA standards, you must have at least two people ready to go into the hot zone to either relieve or rescue the current entry team. As far as having back up personnel for the decon area, it is not a bad idea. Depending on the weather conditions and what level of protection your decon people must wear, you will have to rotate them through rehab at certain time intervals. Therefore, having additional people ready to work decon is a must. I would suggest having a reserve of 50% of the number on the decon line. This should give you the flexability to rotate or replace someone without having to compromise your decon area. This is of course under the ideal situation of having enough trained people, which I have yet to see.

Thread Information