MembersZone Subscriber

Default Vehicle Customizing

To all my Southern brothers, or northern brothers if you know of any good places. I'm looking for a company here in the south that can custimize an SUV such as a Chevy Suburban, Dodge Durango or Ford Expidition that would hold backboards and other ALS equipment to run as a first rescue on medical and wreck calls and as fire support. Thanks for the info. Oh and I'm in central Alabama so anywhere in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, or north Florida or Tennesse.
    Matt Griffin
    Chief
    Eastern Chilton County Division of Fire, Rescue, and EMS, Station 91.

They aren't in the south - but they are exactly what you are looking for.

Odyssey Automotive Specialty : http://www.odysseyauto.com/
    Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

Member - IACOJ
    "Got Crust?"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks FFMcDonald!
    Matt Griffin
    Chief

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation Suburbans/Excursions

It's possible to build your own interiors for these vehicles. Down here on th Alabama Gulf Coast we have used suburbans for 9 years and have had an excursion for about a year. We did all the storage configuration ourselves, and made sure nothing is stored above the seat top level. If you are interested, email me and I'll get the digital camera from the chief and send you some pictures. BTW, we use these vehicles as our ALS rescue units, with complete ALS supplies, 4 backboards, Scoop, KED, Traction, etc, as well as extinguishers, SCBA, and space for two crew members PPE.
    Capt. K

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks firebeach you have mail.
    Matt Griffin
    Chief

MembersZone Subscriber

Odyssey auto has rep's all over the US - you will have to contact them for the one nearest you. They also have stocking locations at:
    Wharton, NJ Headquarters
    Lafayette, LA
    Fort Worth, TX
    Pelham, AL
    Fairfield, CA

Although a little far from you, but (IMHO) still well worth the look is Pro-Tech Custom Designs in Woodbridge VA. http://www.protechcustom.com/

I know from an e-mail exchange from Laura Donley at Pro-Tech that they were at the Firehouse Expo this year (unfortunately I didn't get to go) so you may have seen them there.

Also you can see some of their work on our EMS response Tahoe here:
    http://n2dfire.tripod.com/response3.html

Note that the equipment cabinet was designed in house & built (donated) by a local Cabinet company.

We shipped the Mobile Radio, Cell Phone, and Handheld radio/charger to Pro-Tech with the Tahoe along with a list of the warning equipment we wanted. They assembled and installed an excellent package at nearly half the cost of the closest competing bid.

Also - we took the lighting equipment list and priced each component ourselves. We found a source for the lightbar that was cheaper than Pro-Tech's quoted price. When we informed them of this, they immediately contacted our source and arranged to buy the lightbar from them thus saving us more money.

Quality Work - Great Price - Top Notch Customer Service - what else could you want from a company ??

*Disclaimer* I am in no way afiliated with nor do I stand to benifit from any work done by Pro-Tech Customs. I am merly a very satisfied customer.
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Thread Information