MembersZone Subscriber

Default anyone have info on illinois dept's currently hiring

can anyone provide information on illinois fire departments currently hiring or who will soon be hiring

MembersZone Subscriber

From what i have been finding out is that most that I have looked into are done testing for this year and will be testing again in 2005. I am #7 on the North Aurora FT list, they tested last May...find out about the depts in the area in which you'd be willing to travel and ask them when they are testing again. Some sites have the info listed there.

MembersZone Subscriber

Centralia FD is taking apps until Nov 21.

Forum Member

Almost all full time FD's must maintain an eligibility list. That being said does not mean they are hiring. All of the FD's I know of that are currently testing still have a hiring freeze, and do not know when it will be lifted. The IL. economy has not improved at all from this time last year, so things are looking worse than they did a year ago. I do not mean to paint a glum picture but it is the truth as far as I know.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default eligibility lists

Yep, thats true that they must maintain an eligibility list (As far as I know as well). I do know that Aurora Fire Dept. just tested in September and that they are hiring 7 this year..or so I am told by reliable resources. Keep in mind that some of the people that made it on the list if they are after #10 probably won't make it on this time around. They could extend they list or retest making an all new list when that time comes.
    I don't know if there is a way for you to find out if they are truly hiring unless you know someone or unless duriing your interview they tell you what the outlook looks like.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Ill. Hiring right now

Here are some Depts I know are hiring:

Thornton FD looking for entry level, deadline 11/15/2003

Marion FD looking for entry level, deadline 12/02/2003

That is the only ones I know of right now.
    WVa FF/EMT

I use an axe and I use a hose
    I walk my boots where others won't go

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

THANKS ALL. I'M A POLICE OFFICER WHO IS LOOKING TO GET INTO FIRE... I'LL KEEP LOOKING

champaign tested this past year. some reason i think urbana will be testing again next year. bloomington normal had a test this past year too.

Thread Information