Forum Member

Unhappy In Need For Old Turn Out Gear!

Hello every1, im am a explorer from a dept. in NC. My explorer group are in need for old turn out gear good or bad cond! we need everything and can use everything! are dept just started last year and there is no old gear for us to train in! CAN U PLEASE HELP US OUT! i would gladly appreciate it!!!! if u could email me at fireexplorer8c@firehousemail.com if u can help donate anything to help us out! thanx for ur helP!!

fire explorer
    chris

EMAIL: fireexplorer8c@firehousemail.com
    AIM: KPSFirefighter8c

Forum Member

Well yet another North Carolinian on the boards, welcome from Forsyth County. Try Ebay, can get some halfway decent gear from there. Any size gear, helmets, gloves, hoods, and boots I would buy new, just because those are thing I wouldn't really want to wear after someone.
    Last edited by explr985; 10-16-2003 at 08:52 PM.
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Forum Member

Default MONEY

the only this is money. our explorer post is brand new has had fundrasiers but not made much profit. but again we are willin to take old used turnout

fire explorer
    chris

EMAIL: fireexplorer8c@firehousemail.com
    AIM: KPSFirefighter8c

Forum Member

Well I can't help you then, we barely have gear to fit our people, but christmas is close upon us and you can always ask for gear for yourself. Here is a idea, have your advisor call up the closest mall, and see if you can do like a fill the boot type thing. We are working on doing that, carwashes work well, made 300 dollars in one day. Also have an advisor call to the other depts. and see if the have any old gear that they have replaced or are going to get rid of.
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Hey,

If I was you, I would write a grant proposal to the city or state. In the request, I would explain the service your department provides and the necessary need for personal protective equipment. You may also try fundraisers to try and generate the funds for gear.

Good luck to you.

Permanently Removed

Default Again...

Thread Information