Thread: college

Default college

I'm looking to go to college at Eastern Kentucky University and get a Bach. Degree in what i think is Emergency Medicine and also take the Nat. Reg. Medic exam. Will this get me in the right direction to become a full time medic? If not, what should i do or what else do i need to do? Thanks!

Forum Member

I believe that you can get your Paramedic cert. here if that is what your asking.
    Once I get the new catalog I should be able to get more info for you.

Forum Member

Parrott, enable your PM and I will send you an email address of someone who can answer most of your questions.

I don' think i can turn off my PM. I am a non paying memeber. I am very limited at what i can do around here. If you wouldn't mind posting the info on i here it would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Member

I don't believe that you need to be a paying memeber to use the PM.

Here is the email address for the director (I think she is the director). Nancye.Davis@eku.edu
    She should be able to answer most of your questions.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hi! I'm from Michigan... the way we do it here may be different than in Kentucky. Here you must first obtain your EMT licensce, then you may go on to a paramedic course. Usually EMS/Ambulance companies offer some type of EMT program or know where you can go. Some EMS/Ambulance companies offer Paramedic classes as well. Being in an Emergency Medicine program alone won't do the trick. You will have to go through the Paramedic classes, then take the Nat'l Registry exam. Good Luck!

Forum Member

I am actually from NY and I am still not sure how things work here, however, I know that they do offer EMT courses, and I think that they are required to be completed before you actually start any of the paramedic stuff.
    Once an Eagle, always an Eagle.

Thread Information