MembersZone Subscriber

Talking received a grant from the FireAct

We just were notified that we have received a $244,000 grant for the purchase of new SCBA's for the whole department.
    "Fire Prevention is our Intention"

IACOJ Agitator

yeah, I just heard that earlier (before the official notification came out) while chillin' over in Blue Hills. Congrats! Too bad I didn't get to see Billy-Bob today.

Are you guys going to issue out masks with the new Scott packs or are you just going to use the ones on the trucks? I heard a while back that you (Windsor) wanted to get the voice amplifiers...do you know if you are going to get those with your packs?

If you see Chief Lewis before I do, tell him "Ryan says he'll buy you a garage-key to celebrate!" LOL Inside joke.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default GRANT MONEY

As far as I know we are still going to issue masks to each member. I understand that we might be able to get the voice amplifiers for some of the packs but I will ask.

This grant was the work of two people A.C. Smith and Paul Goldberg who both wrote the grant along with others that helped.
    "Fire Prevention is our Intention"

IACOJ Agitator

Yeah, I was figuring Paul wrote the grant.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

Congrats! I'm still anxiously awaiting the one we submitted for a radio system. I don't know how much longer I cam keep this low band / vehicle repeater thing running without having a nervous breakdown.

We have the SCOTT Radiocom voice amplifier & radio interface for our line officers. They absolutly KICK ***. They have a "speakerphone" of sorts for conversing with the people in front of you and your crew. They also have an interface that acts a speaker/mic for a portable radio. It is a great system!
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Thread Information