Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 First ... 78910
  1. #226
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    It was started by a guy seeking legit help for his rural FD. He was immediately referred to Helping Our Own. Donna attacked Helping Our Own in the third post on this thread and it was off to the races from there.

  2. #227
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    12

    Default

    HELLO SEABISCUT


    16 pages
    What do you call that halligan thingy? These views are mine only and in no way should be confused with rational thinking nor do they reflect the views of any department or agency.

  3. #228
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    478

    Default

    To those of you who tried to help -- thank you! It may not have helped Donna, but it gave me some ideas. We can no longer use Helping Our Own (took almost 15 years to get over $15,000 but we finally made it!) Fund raisers in a poor rural area that is spread out all over the "boondocks" don't work too well. But you all tried to show her other ways; some I made note of that might work for us.
    I know it's sort of off the latest tyrants, but your suggestions may help some of the VFDs that have been looking on. Thanks again for "ideas".
    Myron
    Stay Safe ~ The Dragon Still Bites!

  4. #229
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,281

    Default

    Donna,

    I guess at this point trying to be diplomatic and trying not to be blunt with you have not gotten one thing through that thick head of yours so here goes being blunt.

    If and when you stop seemingly on purpose making an ***** out of your self on this topic with all of the ridiculous crapola you spew the topic would die. But as long as you persist those of us that know better will not let you run roughshod over this topic.

    Since I am leaving for Disney World on Friday with my family for a week I may miss some of your antics but I figure that by the time I get back you will have managed to keep this topic going into well over 20 pages. Ya know the difference between you and Mickey Mouse's best friend? He gets paid to be Goofy!! LOL

    FyredUp

  5. #230
    Temporarily/No Longer Active
    July36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    It was started by a guy seeking legit help for his rural FD. He was immediately referred to Helping Our Own. Donna attacked Helping Our Own in the third post on this thread and it was off to the races from there.
    And me "attacking" helpingourown had NOTHING at all to do with NONE of you guys...but it was YOU GUYS that stuck your foot into it!
    I made my apologies to helpingourown but it was YOU GUYS that kept attacking me afterwards!!!...So NO...i AM NOT in the wrong!

  6. #231
    Temporarily/No Longer Active
    July36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Originally posted by FyredUp
    Donna,

    I guess at this point trying to be diplomatic and trying not to be blunt with you have not gotten one thing through that thick head of yours so here goes being blunt.

    If and when you stop seemingly on purpose making an ***** out of your self on this topic with all of the ridiculous crapola you spew the topic would die. But as long as you persist those of us that know better will not let you run roughshod over this topic.

    Since I am leaving for Disney World on Friday with my family for a week I may miss some of your antics but I figure that by the time I get back you will have managed to keep this topic going into well over 20 pages. Ya know the difference between you and Mickey Mouse's best friend? He gets paid to be Goofy!! LOL

    FyredUp
    Its not me making an @$$ out of myself...it is YOU GUYS that are making #$$ES out of yourselves simply becuase you just cant seem to stay out of peoples business...so it is YOU that wants to keep the threads going...FACE FACTS!

  7. #232
    Forum Member
    Bones42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Pt. Beach, NJ
    Posts
    10,701

    Default

    FyredUp, while you're down in Mickey Land, see if Goofy wants to donate some equipment to his long lost sister.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

  8. #233
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Originally posted by Bones42
    FyredUp, while you're down in Mickey Land, see if Goofy wants to donate some equipment to his long lost sister.
    On your way down there, check all the villages. One of them is missing an idiot.

  9. #234
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Originally posted by July36


    Its not me making an @$$ out of myself...it is YOU GUYS that are making #$$ES out of yourselves simply becuase you just cant seem to stay out of peoples business...so it is YOU that wants to keep the threads going...FACE FACTS!
    I have several aspects of my life right now that are none of the people on this forum's business. To ensure that it remains my business-I DO NOT POST IT ON AN INTERNET FORUM THAT IS READ BY THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE IN DOZENS OF DIFFERENT COUNTRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #235
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,281

    Default

    Donna,

    For the love of God Donna, you just keep feeding the fire. If you were in the infantry you would have called artillery down upon yourself. Why don't you just let it go? No one agrees with your attitude, your tactics, your demeanor, and your inability to even listen when initially people even tried to give you funding suggestions. By the way did you ever try even one of them suggested here? Did you ever one time search the net for funding opportunities? Heck I found money in the first search I ever made looking for funds, it wasn't millions, but it was half the cost of a defib unit.

    Perhaps some anger mamagement classes would help. Perhaps realizing that serving the community doesn't mean thinking you are better than them and that they owe you would help. Perhaps just being a little nicer to everyone would help. Perhaps realizing that it is not the fact that you are a private fire company that has created the animosity for you but how you have behaved has created that animosity.

    I actually wish your community well and hope that if your company manages to survive that you can provide a quality service for the citizens. Because after all isn't that what you are really there for?

    FyredUp

  11. #236
    Forum Member
    ThNozzleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Jefferson City, TN
    Posts
    4,339

    Default

    "Donna and Noz sitting in a tree..."
    OK, that's it; it's ME and YOU when recess gets here...at the merry-go-round, near the slides. I'm gonna punch you right in the face.

  12. #237
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I have been reading these posts with great interest. I know what it is to be a poor department. But in the 27 years that I have been with our non tax supported, Illinois non profit corporation fire department we have not made excuses or whined about lack of donations from the community. (We actually get monetary support from about half of the residents.) We go out to the community and treat them like they own the department. You would not believe the overwhelming support we get.Many of them actually provide almost 85% of the labor at our fund raisers.Bottom line, we can afford to pay for our equipment and apparatus out right without loans. I guess what I am leading up to is that from your posts, you don't even try to do this. You went in with your hand out but said from the very beginning I'll take your money but this is my department. And before you tell me I don't know how it is, I took the time to email the departments in Yavapai county to ask about you because Originally I thought I might be able to help you out. Many that replied had not heard of you but those that had di not have anything good to say. ( Something about no dedication and not wanting to follow the rules.)So I have done my homework and I do know what I'm talking about. I don't believe I will be donating and I know it won't but I hope this ends this thread.

    ffemt1977

  13. #238
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Originally posted by ffemt1977
    I have been reading these posts with great interest. I know what it is to be a poor department. But in the 27 years that I have been with our non tax supported, Illinois non profit corporation fire department we have not made excuses or whined about lack of donations from the community. (We actually get monetary support from about half of the residents.) We go out to the community and treat them like they own the department. You would not believe the overwhelming support we get.Many of them actually provide almost 85% of the labor at our fund raisers.Bottom line, we can afford to pay for our equipment and apparatus out right without loans. I guess what I am leading up to is that from your posts, you don't even try to do this. You went in with your hand out but said from the very beginning I'll take your money but this is my department. And before you tell me I don't know how it is, I took the time to email the departments in Yavapai county to ask about you because Originally I thought I might be able to help you out. Many that replied had not heard of you but those that had di not have anything good to say. ( Something about no dedication and not wanting to follow the rules.)So I have done my homework and I do know what I'm talking about. I don't believe I will be donating and I know it won't but I hope this ends this thread.

    ffemt1977
    Welcome my friend. You have joined an elite, but ever-growing club. You will now be castigated with the "Wrath of the Week". Frankly, I have lost track as to whether you will be cursed at, ignored, called jealous, told to mind your own business, or if there will be something new.

    You have dared to cross the line from light into darkness. You have questioned the great and powerful Donna. She is not to be crossed. She has the power to make your life miserable. She will call down the wrath of God onto anyone who does not subscribe to her ways.

    You see, you are the problem. You treat your citizenry with respect. You project a positive image in the community, you are able to raise funds through hard work to support yourselves. You refuse to demand that the golden goose lay a big fat one at your doorstep. You have brought a curse onto the "poor" FD's of America. Woe is you. Woe is you!

  14. #239
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Does this go along with the wicked witch of the west picture you posted earlier?

  15. #240
    Temporarily/No Longer Active
    July36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    245

    Default WOWWWWW...And Bridge Canyon Fire DOES IT AGAIN!!!!!...

    ohhhhhhh boy peeps....we just got yet ANOTHER POSITIVE write-up in our local paper!A motel fire that WE was called on an I "ICed" on...and yes we SAVED the Motel...just earlier tonite!!!
    There was 2 fires in the Motel,one in the Office and another in one of the rooms that was spreading.
    We put it out and the Motel was a SAVE!
    NOWWWWWWW....this PERSON as well as thier COMPANY,the very ones you nimwits seem to wanna DISS...is the exact same ones that are piling up all these POSITIVE write-ups in the local paper!
    But yet,YOU guys say we dont know what were doing and this and that...but these write-ups are literally making fools,FOOLS of yas...little by little.
    And I Ic'ed the Incident,as I usually do...but yet,YOU GUYS say I dont know what Im doing??????? WRONGGGGGGGG...you are DEAD WRONGGGGG.Thats NOT WHAT OUR WRITE-UPS SAY...remarkably they say an entirely different thing...therefore putting your THEORIES out to pasture!

    So GUESS WHAT?????
    When this write-up is posted in our paper this Saturday ALL OF YOU THAT WANTED TO CONTINUE HARRASSING me and my Company that now has SIX...ohhhhh wowwwwww SIX POSITIVE write-ups in our local paper can....


    READ EM AND WEEP!

    When I SEE positive write-ups about YOU and your Companies...THEN and ONLY THEN you can harrass me!

    Enuff said and point made! LOL
    Last edited by July36; 12-24-2003 at 12:59 AM.

  16. #241
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Saves on concrete structures don't count

  17. #242
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,281

    Default

    WOW Donna,

    So you have had a couple of successful fires and I see it was because YOU IC'd, as usual, that this was a save? Must have been a lucky day for you to have more than yourself in town for a fire call. Thank God you didn't have to do one of your one person responses to a working structure fire.

    None of your write ups or any other of your calls really have anything to do with the topic at hand here though. The original topic was somebody asking for help in fundraising ideas. You came on here blasting the FIRE Act, Helping Our Own and your own community for failing to give the Donna private fire company any funding. The more people tried to help or figure out what was going on with the Donna private fire company to at least initially see if there was anyway to help the more beligerant and irrational your posts became.

    One last recap:

    1) Because you failed to establish a contract or funding plan with the community before you began operations and they didn't fund you they became low class *********s that you no longer felt comfortable with
    2) A more up scale near by community seemed interested in the Donna private fire company coming there to offer fire protection, again with no funding plan other than by some mysterious mandated donations or subscriptions, but not by taxes
    3) OOPS, now the low class *********s might fund us with assistance from my MA fire department through some sort of bizarre fire district voodoo taxations sharing, so maybe we should stay, but OOPS you kind of said you would offer fire protection to the other communtiy so maybe you'll put a smaller second division of the Donna private fire company over there
    4) You began the attacks on anyone on the forum that dared to ask a question or call you on your ridiculousness by name calling and obscenities to include *********s, F**Ks, and SOB's and then threats
    5) When all else failed you resorted to the ridiculous childish antics of oversized bold faced postings of the word jealousy with enough Y's to make it even more childish and bizzare
    6) You described an incident where you and an MA Chief stood nose to nose battling it out at a car fire.
    7) It really all boils down to this last thing, it is Donna's private fire company, so it is her way or no way, no one tells her what to do, no one tells her how to run the company, no one can tell her anything for she is the grand and powerful Donna from behind the curtain.

    I don't believe a single person on here wished your private fire company any ill will in the beginning even if you were privately owned and operated. In fact many offered support and attempted to guide you down alternative funding paths. You found it easier to complain and fight everyone than to get off your butt and really do something. That is where this whole thing turned ugly, not from our side but from the way you posted on here.

    FyredUp
    Last edited by FyredUp; 12-24-2003 at 01:36 AM.

  18. #243
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Fyred Up;

    You forgot where she threatened to have us prosecuted as internet harrassers.

    Two important things:

    1. I don't think anyone on these forums wishes anyone in her FD any ill will NOW. I personally hope they stay safe and get the job done despite their obvious handicap.

    2. Not one single soul has posted here to defend her. Not a single one of her "buddies" has posted their support. Speaks volumes.

  19. #244
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,281

    Default

    George,

    You are absolutely correct in that no one including myself wishes anyone in her private fire company ill will. But I see how the way I worded that could be misconstrued to seem to indicate that.

    I wish for them all the same thing I wish for all my brothers and sisters in the fire service, to make it to retirement age physically, mentally and financially sound so you can enjoy those golden years.

    Thanks for pointing out my accidental slight of her personnel.

    FyredUp

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 First ... 78910

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register