Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 First 1234567 ... Last
    Temporarily/No Longer Active

Im sorry FYREDUP but I tried to answer the questions the best I could...so I know of nothing more to do...or say.

OK....I DO have a bit of news that has just made me a "happy camper".
    I have been talking with the Chief of my MA company near here lately and we both have came out with these results:

Our move will be "on-hold" for now.My MA Chief is willing to help me collect the taxes from the community I or we serve and is willing to work 2 budgets into his Company(the budget for his company...and a budget for mine).
    To explain this further,he is bringing up the plan before the County board of Supervisors(were both in the same county) and the plan will be this:

As of now there is no taxing in the Community we serve(for fire protection).
    He will have the County collect the taxing into HIS company and then the taxing budget will be "split up into portions".This simply means I will only get a portion of the total taxing from the Community and he will get a portion also.The only thing that I am required to do is have a contract drawn up for the county to assure that I will be "permanent" instead of being "mobile".
    Apparently the word got around about us moving the company and the people apparently caused an uproar so we had a very long talk today.
    This plan will be brought up before the county board around the first of the year.This is so my MA chief and I can work out the details and so we can have a "case" to bring before the board.
    Even tho he has nothing to do with the Community we serve...hes willing to help us get the budgeting we need...and a "for sure" budget.
    My only requirement to him is to become an "automatic aid" for his company instead of just MA simply becuase he is very understaffed just as we are so him and I figure that if both Companies worked together...then that would hieghten the manpower plus the apparatus.I told him that I would agree to this.

I also must explain that the reason I cannot do this myself is becuase we are not really entitled to County taxing..being we are not County based...thus the reason for the contract.

I will update more info on this plan as we get more information on this plan.

PLease wish us well that this plan goes through becuase we really need it.

I also must stress that if yas have anything "bad" to say then please dont bother saying it for I am trying REALLY hard to get a bit more organized.

Donna C
    Fire Chief
    Bridge Canyon VFD
    http://cms.firehouse.com/dept/SeligmanAZ

Forum Member

quotes about your current community...

The community im leaving is a very "low class society" in which i do not feel comfortable in anymore.

to better my company and to have support from a community that actually gives a s***t.

I can deal with maybe a handful out of the community being asses and not doing what they promised ...BUT...the whole freakin community...as a whole
    Now that you might get some funding, the area is Ok?
    And now what happens with the new area you were working a deal with? Too bad for them?

also must stress that if yas have anything "bad" to say then please dont bother saying it
    Nope, you've already said enough.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

I will update more info on this plan as we get more information on this plan.
    Show of hands...Does anyone really care?

Forum Member

Thumbs down

Originally posted by Bones42
    quotes about your current community...

Now that you might get some funding, the area is Ok?
    And now what happens with the new area you were working a deal with? Too bad for them?

Nope, you've already said enough.

I never said the area was still ok even tho I might be getting funded...but I DID say all I wanted was some funding and Id be happy....and so Im happy.As far as the other Community I never worked any deals yet...I only had petitions running...so there was no "yes" or "no" BUT....it wouldve been a whole different story had I already been there and started.For now....if they really want it,in which they have "said" they do...then I will probably just "expand" and put another small company there....no promises on this but the possibility is there.

Why is it you people ALWAYS look for "faults" in me but NEVER anything good that i just MIGHT be doing???...How would you feel....say....if maybe I TURNED THE TABLES????

Donna C
    Fire Chief
    Bridge Canyon VFD

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

Show of hands...Does anyone really care?
    GO BACK TO "SEINFELD"....YOUR BETTER OFF ON THAT "COMEDY" SHOW INSTEAD OF HERE MAKING SMART REMARKS AND THINKING YOUR SOMEBODY! LOL

MembersZone Subscriber

That was CHEERS, not Seinfeld.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

Default Last comment...

Why is it you people ALWAYS look for "faults" in me but NEVER anything good that i just MIGHT be doing???...How would you feel....say....if maybe I TURNED THE TABLES????
    Donna, I come from an under-funded fire department also. We average around 200 calls per year and don't run any EMS. My population goes from 5000 in winter to about 30,000 in summer. Most of those 30,000 in summer don't give a rats butt about us because they are only renters so you can be assured, they don't donate. We do as many fund raising activities as we can think of. We do get a small budget from my town council, so we are not quite as bad off as you.

I'm not in this to get funded, I'm in this to provide the safety to my neighbors, family, and friends. Cut my funding, take away our donations, we won't pack up our stuff and leave. We care about our community and will do what is needed to keep it safe.

Best of luck to your community.

Norm! You impostor.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

LMAO...It's always been about the money. Give me the money, I am a poor destitue private fire company. These people are low class, and *********s cuz I messed up and didn't have a contract in place and they won't voluntarily fund my 1 person responses. BOO HOO HOO

I'm leaving to go to another town that says they will donate and subscribe, but I have no guarantees of funding there either. They are higher class and I feel comfortable there.

OH WAIT!! Now my low class *********s have decided they might fund me after all. So golly gee maybe they are okay low class *********s after all.

And gee since I can't afford to run this private non-profit fire department and I made verbal committments to the othe higher class communities maybe I will give them a small fire company over there since they are willing? to donate and or subscribe. Never mind that I have said on here for days that I was going there. Things change you know.

Anyone else have the word mercenary going through there head besides me?

FyredUp

Forum Member

Nah -- "fiefdom" keeps popping up in my head. Kinda like if ole Andy left town, and Barney bought his own squad car and bullets.

Forum Member

Actually the situtation with ole Barn -- would be a "Fife- dom" as opposed to a fiefdom----- dang im easily amused---

Default Re: Last comment...

Originally posted by Bones42
    Donna, I come from an under-funded fire department also. We average around 200 calls per year and don't run any EMS. My population goes from 5000 in winter to about 30,000 in summer. Most of those 30,000 in summer don't give a rats butt about us because they are only renters so you can be assured, they don't donate. We do as many fund raising activities as we can think of. We do get a small budget from my town council, so we are not quite as bad off as you.

I'm not in this to get funded, I'm in this to provide the safety to my neighbors, family, and friends. Cut my funding, take away our donations, we won't pack up our stuff and leave. We care about our community and will do what is needed to keep it safe.

Best of luck to your community.

Norm! You impostor.
    Ty Bones...i really do appreciate the luck on my community but i do have one small question though...

You say "cut my funding and take away our donations,we wont pack up and leave"....my question is this....
    Without those "funding alternatives" how would you expect to stay in the community and be able to keep your Departments doors open?...I mean..how would you get to the fires and/or medical scenes without the fuel for the vehicles,the insurances that cover the liabilities,upgrading of equipment to make your company "better" and supplies that need to be replenished after youve just been on several medical calls?...It seems that if you do not have these "ingredients" to keep your doors open...then you are only left with 2 choices...either stay in the community and close your Department doors and "walk" to the incidents(being theres no longer any fuels in the apparatus) OR move the entire Company to another location where youre AT LEAST...assured your doors will stay open even tho it might be a little more understanding,support and budgeting with the new community that your going to..than from the one you are leaving.

These was the only points I was trying to stress in these forums.I wasnt really intending to start any type of arguments with anyone here.It was just I was very discouraged by the people here being all "wonderful" when we responded to thier incidents...but once we asked for funding to keep the doors open...we wanted no part of it...but now...with this new County contract going through...the people will have no choice BUT to fund.

This was all my complaining was about...nothing more.ANY Chief with ANY sense that tries working with thier Community with getting funding to support their Company and no matter what he or she may do to try to get the funding...the citizens shut the door in thier face...theyd be just as ****ed as I was.
    I kept stressing to these people that we simply CANNOT respond if we dont have the proper funding to keep the trucks fueled up and ready to go but yet they can bitch when we dont respond becuase there is no fuel in the trucks.So far,I have not had any problems with fueling simply because myself and my members keep them fueled...at all times but this is starting to grow "thin"...as most of my members are starting to not be able to afford it...even tho they WANT to afford it.Even tho we NEVER turn down a call...no matter where it is(as long as its within reasonable distance) and no matter what the nature of the call is...weve ALWAYS "been there"...but the people here just cannot see the point were trying to stress so this is the reason for doing this contract with the County...per our MA Companies help.

Once again thanks for the luck with this new plan...becuase..were gonna need it.

Donna C
    Fire Chief
    Bridge Canyon VFD

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by July36

GO BACK TO "SEINFELD"....YOUR BETTER OFF ON THAT "COMEDY" SHOW INSTEAD OF HERE MAKING SMART REMARKS AND THINKING YOUR SOMEBODY! LOL
    Actually, the show was "Cheers". A very succesful television show which ran for many seasons on NBC. It was set in a Boston bar and focused on an eclectic group of social acquaintences.

George Wendt, the actor, played a character "Norm". You see, I am not him. There are several differences.

1. I am better looking than he is
    2. I am not as fat as he is
    3. He is more talented than I am
    4. He has more money than I do
    5. He hasn't made it his life's mission to try to expose all of the idiotic things that you post.

Also, I am not so insecure that I have to "think" I am somebody. If I needed that type of psychological egocentric reinforcement, I would do something crazy like go out and buy my own FD so I could be Chief!

BTW, the Cher song I was thinking of that is quite appopriate here is "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves".

Forum Member

I tried, but I hate leaving things unanswered.

If the funding runs out, they obviously don't want you, so then you close. But seeing as my members all live in the community and actually get along with their neighbors, we don't forsee that problem ever occurring. Course, if I talked about them the way some people did....

move the entire Company to another location
    and how is that helping the community? Oh that's right, it's not about the community, it's all about your company.

Forum Member

Bones, George....

I am surprised and amazed at your insensitivity to poor Donna's plight. Soon I fear that she will be addressing you two and perhaps me also as low class *********s. Shame, SHAME that you don't understand that it is simply Donna's way or no way. Shame, SHAME that you simply don't understand that to question her sincerity about caring?!? for her community is tantamount to blasphemy. Shame, SHAME that you dare to try to peak behind the curtain of the all knowing, all seeing all powerful Oz, oops, I mean Donna.

Let me once again summarize this for you:

1) Donna wants complete control of her private fire company with no government oversite
    2) Donna however wants FIRE Act money and can't understand why she must match funds in order to get it
    3) Anyone that doesn't fund her company is a low class a$sshole that she no longer feels comfortable being around
    4) She will move her company to where ever funding is available and says that when she does move there will be no additional costs to residents when she gets there, Oh wait, there will be required donations or subscriptions, but no additional taxes...
    5) Now that the low class *********s are MAYBE going to fund her she is okay being around the very same people that she was uncomfortable around before
    6) Even if the low class *********s do fund her she still has only 8? volunteers and considers 1 person responses adequate

George, Bones....what will it take for you to see the light? Shall we all hold hands and chant around the ceremonial fire in the middle of the Arizona desert?

Heck folks I haven't had this much fun on the forums here in years....

It's dang near like having Woody back but in female form!!

FyredUp

Forum Member

Woody never whines much and he was more like "Seinfeld" .......just talked alot about nothin..............oh wait ...........thats almost like this !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Yup...ur right....it IS funny....I laugh at you f**k's every day i come on here so THIS is my entertainment. LMAOOOO

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by July36
    Yup...ur right....it IS funny....I laugh at you f**k's every day i come on here so THIS is my entertainment. LMAOOOO
    In other words, you have nothing else to say? Finally?

Forum Member

I laugh at you f**k's every day
    Now my feelings are hurt.

Forum Member

OH NO, BOOO HOOO HOOO,

I am crushed, George, Bones and myself are F**K's, dang it I wanted to be one of those disagreeable low class *********s you whined about.

Donna, you are a joke. The only thing that flip flops as much as you is either a pancake on the griddle or a politician that gets caught in a lie. If anyone in your community ever got wind of what you said about them here the only thing you would get from them is a tar and feathering before they rode your one horse fire company out of town. Don't worry I'm not going to tell them because that's not my style. But picture this, you have identified yourself by name, you have identified your community by name and state...and gee I guess no one in Arizona uses the internet or visits firehouse.com so you are probably safe. Once again just sitting here shaking my head as you continue to deepen the hole you have dug yourself into.

FyredUp

One of the few, the proud, the F**k's

MembersZone Subscriber

I am crushed, George, Bones and myself are F**K's, dang it I wanted to be one of those disagreeable low class *********s you whined about.
    Not me. "*********" is my wife's pet name for me.

Forum Member

George.

While I may not always agree with you on every topic on here I believe you deserve the respect of being called Mr. *********, and maybe even follwed up with Sir!

FyredUp

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by FyredUp
    George.

While I may not always agree with you on every topic on here I believe you deserve the respect of being called Mr. *********, and maybe even follwed up with Sir!

FyredUp
    Thank you, I am honored (but I am still a f**k to Supreme Chief Commander and Owner Donna.

Forum Member

The mere fact that George and I have EXACTLY the same feelings on a particular situation should tell everyone something.

Forum Member

ThNozzleman, George, and Bones....

I feel honored to be included in the group of F**ks that includes all of you. I find it impressive that while at various points we have disagreed on some topics we now have all been painted with the broad brush of F**kdom by her majesty Donna.

George, if ********* is your wife's pet name for you then I think perhaps you should be addressed as Mr F**K by Donna instead!!

FyredUp (Torn between whether I should consider myself a low class ********* or a F**K, I may lose sleep over this)
    Last edited by FyredUp; 12-06-2003 at 04:29 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 First 1234567 ... Last

Thread Information