Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Question ALF dealers closing?

Has anyone heard of some of the ALF dealers closing in different states? I heard from a fellow fire fighter that some dealers are closing and the local Detroit Diesel dealers are being asked to possibly take over the service work. Has any body heard the same?

Default ALF dealers closing

yes that has happened in Southern California

MembersZone Subscriber
    Disclaimer: I work for American LaFrance, LLC.
    However, opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Default ALF dealers closing?

ok, they are not closing but down sizing/ losing employees and go back to over the road mechanics working on fire trucks?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: ALF dealers closing?

From the Press Release
    Due to an expiring lease, operations will be conducted separately, adjacent to itís sister company, Los Angeles Freightlinerís 18 acre property located in Fontana on Valley Blvd. Operations will continue with no changes, or disruption of service, other than location, in an updated, state of the art facility, utilizing the same management, sales, technician and parts support team currently in place.
    The secure, state of the art facility will offer 7/24 parts and service support, and on-site dyno, wash and steam facilities, which will further improve our service to our customers. The new facility is located near the intersection of the 10 and 15 freeways just minutes from our current facility and offers enhanced freeway access to either freeway.
    Don't take my word for it, please go to the open house on Nov 5-6, speak with the individuals, see the facility, and then make your decision about their facility and sales/service capability.
    Disclaimer: I work for American LaFrance, LLC.
    However, opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Default American LaFrance not closed

ALF of LA has not closed, rather, it has moved to a state of the art facility with 24 hour parts and service support. We have replied several times as to this fact and released press releases detailing the move and reasons (there is a copy posted). We will be having an open house on Nov 5-6th in our new location, 13800 Valley Blvd, Fontana, CA 92335. Those of you that would like to come visit please email an RSVP to Cgibson@americanlafrancela. We would welcome your attendance.

I would like to take this oportunity to thank all the Fire Fighters that have battled the California fire storms. I am a resident of Southern Califoria and relize the efforts made to protect our lives and homes by the Fire Fighters. I know this first hand because I have several people I work with that had their homes saved by the valliant efforts of these Men and Women.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

I also have read the reports that ALF of LA is NOT closing. Certainly you don't expect us to believe the truth when we can believe rumors, and the remarks of those who have no idea about what's going on.

I would be willing to bet that a year from now we will still be reading about ALF of LA closing when in fact it's still going strong.

Spent 21 years in the Fire/EMS service, and to this day I still cannot understand why FF's would rather believe a rumor, over a stated, and verified truth.

being an american lafrance employee myself, i can say that there is restructuring with in the system itself, some dealerships have downsized and others have merged, while others have grown and updated there facilities, as for detroit diesel, just go to a freightliner dealer, if there isn't a local detroit dealer around.
    as for alf of los angeles, it is doing well and will be around for a long time, just ask joe who runs the shop, hey, joe, if you read this, i'm still considering your offer, hell of a move from pa. to ca.
    Last edited by alfaerialtech; 11-14-2003 at 10:30 PM.

Spent 21 years in the Fire/EMS service, and to this day I still cannot understand why FF's would rather believe a rumor, over a stated, and verified truth.
    Even though the rumor may be wrong, whenever someone said this is fact adn that is fiction, the "fact part" is usually a lie - i.e. layoffs, politics, finances, business stability, etc..,
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Talking

If rumors were snowflakes, we would be well into the next Ice Age
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Default American LaFrance - Pull the plug?

Has anyone heard or know of a fire department who has recently cancelled their order with ALF?

How long till they finally and mercifully pull the plug on the old girl?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: American LaFrance - Pull the plug?

Originally posted by AF3394
    Has anyone heard or know of a fire department who has recently cancelled their order with ALF?

How long till they finally and mercifully pull the plug on the old girl?
    They're not going to pull the plug on the "Old Girl." She is getting a face lift, and a few new outfits. When it's all done she'll look just as good as ever. She already looks ALOT different than the first time I met her, and I see her everyday!

Has anyone heard or know of a fire department who has recently cancelled their order with E-One, Crimson Fire, Seagraves, Pierce, KME, etc.......

If you do know of a cancelled order by a customer at any fire apparatus manufactuer, this means what?

Thread Information