Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member
    Smack dab in the middle of Central Illinois

Default Fire Prevention Grants

If I am correct, you are not able to apply for fire prevention grants if you were, or will be, awarded a FIRE Act grant for this year...is this correct?

I ask this because, since the application period opened for the fire prevention grants, a neighboring department has planned on applying for one, even though they have already been awarded a grant for this year. I was told by FEMA that you couldn't apply for the fire prevention if you already won a grant.

I believe the FEMA rep, but I am having questions raised by another member of my department about "why can't we...they are" type of stuff.

Just seeking clarification...

Forum Member

I thought someone had posted that you could receive both grants, the only limitation is that you can only receive a total of $750,000 between all your federal grants in one year. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Stay Safe!

Forum Member
    Smack dab in the middle of Central Illinois

Yes, PLEASE correct him if he is wrong. If he is not, valuable time is being wasted in submitting an application for the fire prevention grants.

Forum Member

Default Did anyone find out if this is possible

Can we apply for both grants??

Thanks! The dealine for submitting is near!

Because these are two seperate parts of the fire act, with completely different qualifications and criteria, you can apply for both. I am assuming that should you recieve a fire prevention grant that it will have no affect on the possibility of getting a aid for firefighters grant, but I'm not 100% sure of that. Does anyone know if recieving one grant affects getting the other? It should'nt, cut it would be nice to know for sure...

If you received a grant award for 2003, you are eligible to re-apply for a fire prevention grant, as long as the total of both awards does not exceed $750,000.00. The answer is YES!!!!!

Thread Information