MembersZone Subscriber

Post Jobs in the Denver Metro Area

The Denver Regional Counsil of Governments (DrCog)is accepting applications for their upcoming testing process. DrCog offers a written test that is used by 15 fire departments to employ firefighters. Tests are given twice a year and passing scores are kept on file for one year. Go to the DrCog website "www.drcog.org" and click on the "fire" link on the left.

The website explains things really well and it evens provides links to participating fire departments. Most paramedics will get more job offers than they know what to do with. EMT's... well, it depends more on what the department is looking for. Test scores,college degrees, certs, and experience are all helpful. There is a lot of growth in the Denver area and I know many departments will hire off this next list.

Hope this helps anyone looking for jobs in the area. I'll keep my eye on this post, so feel free to reply with questions.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Going Home

Thank you so much for posting that info. I have since done my part to take that. I lived in Az for many years and have gotten stuck (if you call it that) back East here. This could be my ticket home, if I keep testing at the top of my game like I am. See you in Feb and thanks again for the info. Remember, if you reach only 1, then it was worth all the effort.
    WVa FF/EMT

I use an axe and I use a hose
    I walk my boots where others won't go

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks a ton!! I missed it for this time, but I'll be in for sure on the next one. I wish more places would consolidate testing like this. Thanks again for the heads up.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am glad that I could help out. Good luck with the testing.

Thread Information