Default Wildland Firefighting?

Hello all im looking to get in the wildland firefighting buisness. I have taken a lot of classes for wildland fire fighting but cant find any jobs in ref to this. I currently live in sc, and want to move out west so if someone could help me out i would greatly apperciate it. Thanks and have a great day!
    When I am called to duty, God Whenever flames may rage, Give me the strength to save some life Whatever be its age, Help me embrace a little child Before it is too late Or save an older person from The horror of that fate Enable me to be alert and Hear the weakest shout
    And quickly and efficiently To put the fire out I want to fill my calling and
    To give the best in me, To guard my every neighbor and Protect his property
    And if according to my fate I am to lose my life, Please bless with your
    protecting hand My children and my wife.

MembersZone Subscriber

Your best bet is to check out the web sites for US dept of Agriculture, or US Forestry, You can also go to usajobs.com just type in firefighter under the search engine. It hard to get the good wildland classes in sc, trust me I have been trying forever and so far about the only ones you can get here without working for Forestry are S-130 S-190 and S-205
    After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

Official Minister of Philosophy of the IACOJ

IACOJ Probie Crusty of the year 2003

MembersZone Subscriber

Ummm....I think California would take you right now.

Thread Information