Post Spartan Big Easy

We are looking at purchasing a new Spartan Big Easy and were wondering if anyone was having any problems with them. Or anything we should be aware of. Hampton Fire Rescue, Hampton, New Brunswick.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cant say anything about a Big Easy, but I can tell you our '94 gladiator tower truck has worked great so far. No sign of any failure in the cab and the drvetrains never had any glitches.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am a fire truck designer and work in sales for the manufacturer, as well. We have built on several chassis and the Big Easy is a nice economical chassis. It is also very well built. The worst part about it is the name. It sounds like a heavy prostitute.

MembersZone Subscriber

We are looking for a rescue-pumper and have looked at
    1. HME SFO
    2. E-One
    3. Darley on a Spartan Big Easy

All 3 are good trucks, but with the exception of the HME SFO, what I see out there is a bigger is better mentality. The HME was the quietest, handled the best, most manueverable and is the least expensive of the 3. We will also look at/evaluate a LaFrance custom cab for rescue pumper application.

The Spartan Big Easy was by far the loudest truck, especially with the jake engaged.

Thread Information