Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Forum Member

Default pockets

Helmet has two sprinkler chocks and a hinge chock like this http://www.paulconwayshields.com/prodimg/hinge.jpe

Outside coat has a survivor 90-degree flashlight
    Radio with remote speaker mic

Right coat picket has my SCBA mask when I'm not wearing a pack
    Left coat pocket has hose strap and Res-Q-Wrench
    Right Cargo has dykes and rescue webbing
    Left Cargo has bailout bag with 50 feet of rope

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Chocks and variations

"Fire Engineering just did an article with a different type of wooden chock, pretty standard dimensions, but had a notch about half way back for laying directly over the hinge. I haven't had the inclination to cut any yet, im leaning more towards something like this:"

I used to carry in a pocket a couple of 1-1/2" pieces of angle iron. They worked well as a makehsift chock (if I had already used the wooden ones I have) in metal frame doorways. being angle iron, they can be placed right in the track of the jamb, on the floor. While the door doesn't stay open at a rigid 90 degree angle, it is open enough to pass through and the angle iron doesn't get kicked out of place.

They also work well in carpeted offices, turned with the angle up and wedged just under the door.
    Last edited by bcarey; 01-10-2007 at 02:13 PM.
    "If you put the fire out right in the first place, you won't have to jump out the window."
    Andy Fredericks,
    FDNY E.48, SQ.18
    Alexandria, VA F.D.

Rest in Peace

Talking Walking Toolbox

LETS SEE HERE..
    Coat (left Pocket) "Medical Pocket" 2 pairs of latex gloves, EMS Shears, Vicks Vapour Rub for those stinky calls, A N95 mask, a pen for Pt info.
    Coat (right pocket)"MVA POCKET" Window punch, 2 Seat belt cutters, 10 feet of webbing,6" adjustable wrench, 3 Golf tees,
    THE COAT POCKETS ARE FOR THINGS THAT ARE NOT NEEDED WHEN WEARING SCBA. EVER TRY TO GET IN YOUR POCKETS WHEN THE SCBA WAIST BELT IS DONE UP.
    Pant (left Pocket) 75' of bailour rope pre rigged with Fig 8.
    Pant (right Pocket) lineman wire cutters, 15' webbing stuck in a medical glove, Rescue Knive, UK flashlite, 1 glowstick,

ATTACHED TO THE OUTSIDE OF GEAR= Little Ed Recoil lite, Carabiner, Glove Holder, Glow Stick in Radio Pocket, Hood stuck in helmet,
    When on duty I put a gym bag on the truck with 2 pairs of Fire Gloves, My Auto Ex Gloves and Goggles, extra pair of socks,extra hood, And powder gatorade(tm) to add to bottle water at rehab.. My Gear is heavy as hell but thats why I work out

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Regarding Personal Rope

For those of you who carry your own personal rope (bail out rope, escape rope), how many of you carry it freely (not enclosed in a bag or similar container) in your coat pockets?

Do you regularly inspect your rope?
    If so, what is your own set of replacement criteria, if you have such?

William Carey
    "If you put the fire out right in the first place, you won't have to jump out the window."
    Andy Fredericks,
    FDNY E.48, SQ.18
    Alexandria, VA F.D.

Rest in Peace

bcarey,
    I keep it in a large ziplock bag. The fig 8 and and carabineer out side the bag and a Fig 8 Stopper at the Dead end. If i use it I inspect it. after any working fire I inspect it. Just like any other Lifesafety Rope is how I would take care of the bailout out rope.

Thread Information