Keepin it real

Default Tropicana Collapse

Well seeing that there hasn't been a post about this yet. I want at this time to say that the Atlantic City Fire Department did one hell of a job in the first few hours of this incident, seeing that there were only a few fatalies from the collapse and that at any given time there was approx 400 workers on the site ACFD did a job above and beyond with assuring that no one else was killed. On my arrival with my follow team members, the only task at hand was the recovery of two workers which there location was already determinded and one worker that was missing, everyone on scene worked hand in hand with each other (workers, NJ-TF1 members, and ACFD personal). The missing worker was traced to the location where he was welding in a stairwell and with using search dogs, searchcams, and just plain our hands to move debris he was found at approx. 3AM Friday recover happened at approx 6AM due to 1" re-bar across his lower torso and a large slab of decking hanging above the location.
    Peace to our fallen brothers...

9/11/01 NYC WTC

7/4/02 Gloucester City, NJ

-=IACOJ=- The proof is in the crust

......Work hard, play hard, and always have fun along the way......

MembersZone Subscriber

congrats for a situation well handled

MembersZone Subscriber

And FEMA says NJ doesn't need a USAR team. You did us proud guys. Nice job as always.

Thread Information