MembersZone Subscriber

Default Physical agility Testing

I am trying to find out different options for a preemployment agility test for our EMS only department so the CPAT will not do us any good. I am trying to find a test that would be used for an ONLY EMS agency. Any help would be appreciated since we are getting ready to accept applications for two cardiacs/ Intermediates and need to have a test for the applicants.

Thanks

Lightbulb EMT Agility

I use to work for a private EMS outfit once and when I first started you had to be able to take a stair chair with 100lbs up and down a flight of steps, and lift a cot in and out of a squad with 150lb of old fire house in the size of a person. We found anything else outside of that like having to deal with Fire Equip. is outside the normal day work and couldn't base pre-employment on anything else. You would be surprised how many could do the stair chair alone.

Forum Member

You look into other area services and see what they have to offer.. Some would be more than willing to help. I know the company I work for has one now. involves stair chair operations, stretcher options, proper lifting techniques.. etc... Basically involves with carrying equipment and patient transfer....

May also ask major services such as Acadian Ambulance, AMR, and rural metro... they may also be able to help you...

Thread Information