MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default I Think There Is Something Else In The Water...

Nov 5, 8:38 AM EST

California Town Votes to Love Nature

BOLINAS, Calif. (AP) -- Residents of this quirky coastal town north of San Francisco decided overwhelmingly to declare their love of nature, skunks and a few other things perhaps not as easily understood.

Sponsored by a local woman known for wearing hats made of tree bark and newspaper, Measure G won 314 to 152 in the town of 1,200, where residents are so protective of their isolated way of life that they regularly remove highway signs pointing into town.

The text of the measure, in its entirety: "Vote for Bolinas to be a socially acknowledged nature-loving town because to like to drink the water out of the lakes to like to eat the blueberries to like the bears is not hatred to hotels and motor boats. Dakar. Temporary and way to save life, skunks and foxes (airplanes to go over the ocean) and to make it beautiful."

Copyright 2003 Associated Press. All rights reserved.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Nothing's in the water, the water's in the bong!

Sounds like someone's been at the 'shrooms again.

Forum Member

The text of the measure, in its entirety: "Vote for Bolinas to be a socially acknowledged nature-loving town because to like to drink the water out of the lakes to like to eat the blueberries to like the bears is not hatred to hotels and motor boats. Dakar. Temporary and way to save life, skunks and foxes (airplanes to go over the ocean) and to make it beautiful."
    Ummmmmmmmm, is it just me or is this really really bad grammar???? This was actually the text of the bylaw?

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Shrugging shoulders. Eh who knows? They are Californians, after all.. LOL
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Default Recruiting a Firefighter?

I would love to see the criteria for joining the local fire brigade.

Something along the lines of-- Vertically challenged, drug dependant, Ethnic minority, physically handicapped, tree hugging --Lesbian (or other) preferably a Pyromaniac,must be over 80- wanted.

That seems to have covered all the PC bits--Ageism/sexism and all the other ism's.
    Any more for the list?
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

Thread Information