Forum Member

Default OK, I give how do you charge a company..

just read the article about the fire fighting company charged with drunk driving?? Maybe there is some room for some type of negligence charge, IF some supervisory personal were aware of the alcohol. But how do you charge a company with DWI??? I am not condoning or excusing the alcohol, but the individuals involved bought the alcohol, they were operating the vehicle, and they had the accident. The company did not supply or encourage the alcohol in any way. I agree the alcohol cannot be allowed at,on any fire operation but the individuals have to be held responsible for their action(s), there is a limit to what can be done by the management to control the individual employee(s).
    Last edited by CharlieRFDPres; 11-06-2003 at 02:47 PM.
    (should now be CharlieRFD,past,Pres.), but I've had this screen name for so long, I'm keeping it..., besides I'm Deputy Chief now.
    BE SAFE OUT THERE
    NEVER FORGET
    GOD BLESS THE 343 AND 60, MAY GOD GRANT HIS PEACE TO THEIR LOVED ONES.
    IACOJ
    F.O.O.P.

Early Adopter

Well, in today's world... it seems that we have to find somebody to blame and to hold accountable after the fact. In many cases, I think this makes folks feel better for not holding others accountable for their actions prior to a tragedy.

However, it seems that the company charged in this case has had trouble before with alcohol-related incidents among their crews. If that was the case, the company should have taken some sort of action.

I think the drunk driving & reckless driving charges are bogus and are a publicity sort of thing. The person driving may have been intoxicated, the company was not. I guess you can charge them with the crime... but the company wasn't behind the wheel, so I don't see how they could be found guilty.

Thread Information