Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default One for the IAFF....Ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Glad to finally see that the volunteers are being protected, no thanks to the IAFF!!!!

A quote from the new bill that was PASSED by the Feds:

"No fire department who accepts funds under this Act may penalize or discriminate against firefighters who chose to volunteer in other jurisdictions during off-duty hours."

Hey IAFF, how do ya like them apples.
    Last edited by GantenbienSUCKS; 11-09-2003 at 04:52 AM.

Thumbs down Im not even going to point out the obvious in this.

Me thinks to self: Ho hummmm there goes the quiet.

Glad to finally see that the volunteers are being protected, no thanks to the IAFF!!!! A quote from the new bill that was PASSED by the Feds:

"No fire department who accepts funds under this Act may penalize or discriminate against firefighters who chose to volunteer in other jurisdictions during off-duty hours."

Hey IAFF, how do ya like them apples
    "Fee fi fo thumb,let this forum die and do not feed me or answer me these riddles three."

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Angry Smoke and Mirrors..........

This looks good on paper, but, there's a catch. Or two. Or three. A friend, who happens to be an attorney as well as an active volunteer firefighter, explained that as he reads this bill, it seems that: A. ONLY the people who are hired with the funding provided by this bill are subject to the strings attached (free to volunteer). Any other employees hired/paid with funds from other sources (city budget) are not subject to this bill's provisions. This bill will not reverse the situation in Hartford Ct, for example. Another problem, only $25K per year, per person is authorized. Many jurisdictions will pass up this opportunity simply because they are unable to scrape up the difference needed to fully fund a position. If a Firefighter Salary is $40K/Yr, plus the cost of benefits, then $25K is only "1/2 price" (Or Less). More to the point, If someone is hired under these provisions and they are permanently disabled on the job, the city will be paying their disability for life, not just for the time authorized in this legislation (currently only 5 years). The old saying "There ain't no free lunch" applies here. Stay Safe....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Default Re: One for the IAFF....Ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Originally posted by GantenbienSUCKS
    Glad to finally see that the volunteers are being protected, no thanks to the IAFF!!!!

....Hey moron. Who do you think lobbied EXTREMELY hard for this legislation ?..(which by the way I agree with Harve 100% re: the free lunch)

Thumbs down

I see that the [size=huge] moron meter[/size]

just pegged into the [size=huge]
    RED
    [/size] again.....
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 11-09-2003 at 01:49 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Default Re: One for the IAFF....Ha ha ha ha!!!!!

GantenbienSUCKS ,

It says no "Fire Department", doesn't say anything about the Union.
    And since when is the IAFF supposed to protect volunteers? And furthermore, I like my apples with peanut butter!

Was this the most intelligent thing you did today?
    Last edited by hfd66truck; 11-09-2003 at 11:54 AM.

Why does everything have to turn into a volly vs career issue

get over it people, seriously

Forum Member

The bottom line is respect. Vollies aren't going anywhere, and a great many do their jobs with greater dedication then a paid man. As long as paid guys can respect vollies and vice versa, there should be no discussion.

Default Riddle

Riddle me this, riddle me that,
    why is the IAFF all that???

If the IAFF is responsible for this then why in the world is the union (IAFF) in Hartford, CT telling their firefighters that they can not volunteer any more. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Hey, HFD66truck, are you a complete retard??? You must be, who employs you??? The Easter Seals Foundation. The Union doesn't pay you, the Harwich Fire Dept does. The IAFF is the one who drives a wedge between career and volunteer fire depts. Do you know how I know?? Its because I am a career firefighter in CT and not in a Union and thank heaven for that. As for why should the IAFF look out for volunteers, I actually agree with you that they shouldn't, and me being a volunteer also is glad, we have our own organizations (IAFC) to take care of us.

Hey MikeLikesIt, do you have any clue what is going on in Hartford, CT?? If not you might want to get a clue, MORON!!!!

Even though I do talk some smack, I would still back all of you up any day of the week, you are all still brother firefighters.

Have a nice day!!!
    Last edited by GantenbienSUCKS; 11-10-2003 at 12:19 AM.

Default Re: Riddle

If the IAFF is responsible for this then why in the world is the union (IAFF) in Hartford, CT telling their firefighters that they can not volunteer any more. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Hey, HFD66truck, are you a complete retard??? You must be, who employs you??? The Easter Seals Foundation. The Union doesn't pay you, the Hartford Fire Dept does. The IAFF is the one who drives a wedge between career and volunteer fire depts. Do you know how I know?? Its because I am a career firefighter in CT and not in a Union and thank heaven for that. As for why should the IAFF look out for volunteers, I actually agree with you that they shouldn't, and me being a volunteer also is glad, we have our own organizations (IAFC) to take care of us.

Hey MikeLikesIt, do you have any clue what is going on in Hartford, CT?? If not you might want to get a clue, MORON!!!!

Oh dear God----Im heading for the storm shelter,its gonna fly!

Default Re: Riddle

Hey, HFD66truck, are you a complete retard??? You must be, who employs you??? The Easter Seals Foundation. The Union doesn't pay you, the Hartford Fire Dept does. The IAFF is the one who drives a wedge between career and volunteer fire depts. Do you know how I know?? Its because I am a career firefighter in CT and not in a Union and thank heaven for that. As for why should the IAFF look out for volunteers, I actually agree with you that they shouldn't, and me being a volunteer also is glad, we have our own organizations (IAFC) to take care of us.

Even though I do talk some smack, I would still back all of you up any day of the week, you are all still brother firefighters.

Have a nice day!!!
    Well don't you just add a lot of credibility to your argument with the namecalling. Just what are you ........... FIVE..... cuz that's what you are acting like DON'T bash the brothers !! If you want to make a point GROW THE HELL UP and do it intelligently at least. Geeeeeezzzzzzz, where are these people coming from? Alright, who was out overturning rocks last week, you let some things loose that were better left where they were.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Thumbs down

Huh, last I checked HARWICH wasn't anywhere near HARTFORD........but nice try. Guess us IAFF guys all look the same right? (oh yeah, this is your idea of backing your Brother Firefighters huh?)
    Last edited by 46Truck; 11-09-2003 at 11:57 PM.

Default PFire23

What??? Are you my DAD or something?? Telling me to grow up?? If you dont like what I have to say then don't write anything at all. As far as who was overturning the rocks, that stupid F*** Gantenbien did, he has everyone all fired up!!!!!! Don't hate the player, just hate the game. Peace!!!!

Thanks for you support!!!

Yeah I'm your "DAD" all right *smirk*....... Anyway, if you don't want anyone jumping on you then I might suggest refraining from coming in here bashing MY brothers and MY friends. And I'm sorry, but your actions speak very loudly, so yeah, you do need to grow up. Think about it.
    Last edited by PFire23; 11-10-2003 at 12:39 AM.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Default DAD

Are you threatening me???

"Anyway, if you don't want anyone jumping on you then I might suggest refraining from coming in here bashing MY brothers and MY friends."

Dont get upset just because I am not a big fan of the IAFF. Live with it. And if you read my posts you will see that I would still back you up, just because I may not like your opinion doesnt mean that I would threaten you. You are the one who needs to grow up!!!!

Not a threat, just stating that "most" of us will have our brother's and sister's backs, nothing more, nothing less.

I honestly don't see how you turned my statement into a threat, but if that's how you perceived it ..... sorry for your thin skin. BTW, explain to me how one issues a threat "online" via the term "jumping you" ??? I really doubt that I could physically do anything through my computer connection, but then maybe I don't own the latest technology ..... whoooooooo knows

You are pretty edgy, and cranky....... did someone do something to your bowl of cornflakes this morning???
    Last edited by PFire23; 11-10-2003 at 12:44 AM.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

PFire............you are doing battle in situation that isnt worth it......let go and report this person the WT.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

You are right weruj ...... however I must admit, it's causing me to have a good laugh. Momma's boy indeed.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Temporarily/No Longer Active July36's Avatar

LOLOLOLOLOL @ GANTENBIENSUCKS...

You just stated many points about those UNIONBOYS(IAFF and others) that ive been trying to stress for many years...

THE IAFF(and other UNION organizations) IS ONLY IN THE GAME FOR THEMSELVES...and for the money...they could care less about the Volunteer forces...in fact,the IAFF is the exact same ones thats been hassling the Volunteers and trying for years to disbann all the Volunteer forces.
    They tried it with Rural Metro in Scottsdale but it didnt work...the people there sent the IAFF back to thier holes with thier tails between thier legs...as will ALWAYS when they mess around in the state of Arizona.WE ARE NOT UNIONIZED NOR WILL WE EVER BE,UNIONBOYS!
    These guys are why MOST of us "poor,wayyyyyyy underfunded companies will stay POOR for a longgggg time...they want higher wages so the fire and medical manufacturers must raise thier prices in order to pay these "higher wages"...thus leaving us "poor companies"...with antique equipment..or having to "hit up" those well-to-do companies in hopes they will break down and donate some newer equipment simply because we cannot afford new!
    I will bash the Unions every chance I get until they start opening thier eyes that even tho many of us are Volunteer...it still doesnt mean were NOT brotherws/sisters!
    Stick up for your underbudgeted brothers/sisters instead of looking down on us...cuz this industry...in MANY of our eyes...is not just "in it for the money"!

Thier motto?: If youre not in OUR "game" then you are NOT one of us...we will not fund you and we will not even acknowledge your existence...as a Fire Dept...so GANTENBIENSUCKS...im with you alllll the way on your thoughts of the Unions...ur on the right track so keep up the good work.

Donna C
    Fire Chief
    Bridge Canyon VFD
    http://cms.firehouse.com/dept/SeligmanAZ

Default July36

Well AMEN sister!!!!!! You said it all there. I am finally glad to see that someone sees my point, that the IAFF is trying to get rid of the volunteers and that finally the higher ups are trying to protect us.

Guesswhosback, you also see the big picture. Thanks for the backup. You the man.

So far you are the only two that really understand the brotherhood, the Union is not the brotherhood to ALL firefighters.

Thread Information